Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Increasing level cap

I remember Richard asking about a cap a while back and there was a discussion but no clear majority preference.

If he asked the same thing now, I'm pretty sure he'd get the answer that the game needs a hard cap, and soon! Maybe the Tower should be the last vertical zone. Then it's time to beef out the game.

I agree. 250 is a nice round number, but maybe not practical. 210 seems OK.
Personably it think the final cap will most likely come with the additions of Crom's castle

Rhiannon - Everyone's favourite Rookie!! The great guardian of HeroesOfDestiny

This is exactly why I quit the game. The constantly rising level cap is the fatal flaw in celtic heroes. End game content is when any game gets good, but its insane to expect people to mindlessly grind for a year straight to get to the good part of the game.

I started playing this game when it first came out on iOS. It was a much better game when the level cap was reasonable to attain. I have said from the beginning that a rising level cap will eventually kill this game, and it will if it continues. Celtic heroes is still my favorite game on iOS, but I wouldn't dare download it again. It is clear that OTM has seen the money they make from xp elixers and have chosen money over a sustainable quality mmo.

I think that's why they expanded to android. Once the cap gets too high on iOS, new players will not stick around. Falgren used to be friggin hard to kill, now I can solo him before the proper level people can even get a group together. The same will happen with aggy and mordris. This chases away new players...I know because taking a break for a few months made me a low level player again.

They will milk iOS and android xp elixer buyers for all they can, then the game will die. OTM has talked about horizontal content since level 90 was the cap. They have, unfortunately for those of us who loved the game, chosen the path that makes them a quick buck over making the best game they can.

It's very sad, because they have something really good with celtic heroes. But that one choice really puts a damper on a great game.
DoctorOzz
Arawn

Isn't the hard cap level 240?
No during a glitch where you leveled every mob people got into the 400+. Wulver on taranis is lvl1000.

Admin has not only said the mobs levels will rise (probably 240 if I were to guess) but that there will be new armor past DL.

It's the main reason I'm not pushing to go 200 at all costs this late in the update. No point blowing 10m in lix for a few levels that I can train in 5 hours after update.
Pretty much why I stayed 190 since July 2013....and fooled around with alts
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester

A lot of people have hit 195-200 without lixing since 190 just by doing dailies. You don't have to waste money on lixes.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Some people are really dedicated to this game but idk who would play that much to 600
My journey here at Celtic Heroes has been a long one. Although I am sad to leave, I will forever cherish the memories I made and the lesson I learned. Farewell.

July 17th, 2018
11:08 PM (UTC +8): Alator, Mage, 115
11:11 PM (UTC +8): Cantorix, Druid, 83

A lot of people have hit 195-200 without lixing since 190 just by doing dailies. You don't have to waste money on lixes.
Our highest here is a Ranger lvl 185, got bored so she created a mage alt, lixed away jumps to lvl 153 now you can hardly see her.. why? Cuz of boredom in game. I seen a lot of these in our server which is very new cuz we base on android server
. OTM needs to address the issue for players who spending too much money in the game then after reaching a certain level get stock turning them to semi active before quitting.

Some already use their initiatives to grab a vid during a raid and post to youtube to helps advertising the game. This shld be the job for OTM. People said we are the most active in android server but sometimes im the only player you see in SV.
:lol:
How much more in carrow.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phantom Menace, Rogue, 220
Blood Nemesis, Druid, 127 (a work in progress when bored) lmao!
ElementriX, Mage, 103 ( another work in progress )
Chilli Pepper, Mage 160
Armageddon, Warrior, 160

Some people are really dedicated to this game but idk who would play that much to 600
TermiNater most likely.

We already had a level 200 hard cap. OTM just got pressured into removing it.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Just put the hardcap at 210 and leave it there. Leveling is extremely painful at higher levels - the amount of time and money put into move from 189 to 190 is ridiculous. I'm a plat buyer and if the level cap was increased again, I probably would quit versus grinding out another 40 levels...

This is exactly why I quit the game. The constantly rising level cap is the fatal flaw in celtic heroes. End game content is when any game gets good, but its insane to expect people to mindlessly grind for a year straight to get to the good part of the game.

I started playing this game when it first came out on iOS. It was a much better game when the level cap was reasonable to attain. I have said from the beginning that a rising level cap will eventually kill this game, and it will if it continues. Celtic heroes is still my favorite game on iOS, but I wouldn't dare download it again. It is clear that OTM has seen the money they make from xp elixers and have chosen money over a sustainable quality mmo.

I think that's why they expanded to android. Once the cap gets too high on iOS, new players will not stick around. Falgren used to be friggin hard to kill, now I can solo him before the proper level people can even get a group together. The same will happen with aggy and mordris. This chases away new players...I know because taking a break for a few months made me a low level player again.

They will milk iOS and android xp elixer buyers for all they can, then the game will die. OTM has talked about horizontal content since level 90 was the cap. They have, unfortunately for those of us who loved the game, chosen the path that makes them a quick buck over making the best game they can.

It's very sad, because they have something really good with celtic heroes. But that one choice really puts a damper on a great game.
Excellent post.

Quoted for truth. This game will go downhill if OTM chooses money over a quality MMO. Players do not want to grind more, they want more content not more levels.
Wattzon of Sulis