Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Whats point of all these sales

OTM taxes are public record. You can look them up for free online at duedil.com or other sites.

I've seen thier taxes and they make very little and didn't even profit until u4 - given thier new employees and engine costs i still kinda doubt they are actually cashflowing. Hope the android servers finally give OTM some edge on profits. They certainly aren't getting rich anytime soon. Running a software game company is almost as easy as running a successful restaurant.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

What does OTM need this $$ for?
What are you? 10 years old???
Actually, even 10 year olds have a grasp of finances (or do you buy your makeup with jelly babies?)
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

This is my theory, and it could be totally wrong. I wrote this in another post that chests were a good investment for OTM to create. But what I have noticed is that people spend a ton of money on chests when they are released, but after a few weeks to a month, people have everything they need and chests stop getting bought. People hoard their plat items or they are used, and the prices of chests drop, and the prices of plat items skyrocket. People stop buying plat items because they are waiting for the next round of chests to come out so they can get that shiny new mount or fashion.

Basically, there is a boom and bust cycle to plat sales because of chests. The market gets flooded, but then slows to a trickle. To increase that trickle, and to get plat items back into the market, OTM started offering sales on items. That way, the rate at which people buy plat can be normalized a bit more than it is currently.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

This is my theory, and it could be totally wrong. I wrote this in another post that chests were a good investment for OTM to create. But what I have noticed is that people spend a ton of money on chests when they are released, but after a few weeks to a month, people have everything they need and chests stop getting bought. People hoard their plat items or they are used, and the prices of chests drop, and the prices of plat items skyrocket. People stop buying plat items because they are waiting for the next round of chests to come out so they can get that shiny new mount or fashion.

Basically, there is a boom and bust cycle to plat sales because of chests. The market gets flooded, but then slows to a trickle. To increase that trickle, and to get plat items back into the market, OTM started offering sales on items. That way, the rate at which people buy plat can be normalized a bit more than it is currently.

That would be the pro way of saying it. :P

Notice that after new chests came out, then followed double plat, then unexpectedly, they released two chests at the same time, thus, they waited for the old ones to burn out and suddenly popped new ones, because no one would of thought to save their plat that long. :P (This one was also much better imo, making people want to buy more)
200 Allymia Rogue
Clan - Underground - Guardian Rank - Home of the noob, Paulweller

"If you aren't sinning; you aren't having fun." ;) ~ Priest

I'll try explaining why these sales are beneficial for OTM through the power of math.

Now I'll estimate that 1/10 of players above 170 buy plat on a regular basis(i think that's a fair estimate considering the high cost of those levels.).
As of today, there are 2500(exactly)players above or at 170, which equates to 250 players buying plat. Now let's say that on average, these players spend $100 on the game each month. Which is equals three hundred thousand US dollars each year. However, when they do the sale of the combos, let's say that when the sale goes on, that number of buyers jumps to 1/5 of those 2500 players, so then 500 players spend $100 on the combos, thats 500K. That effectively doubles the income they get that month, just by giving a discount on a popular item.

By giving a limited time offer, they both make you spend your money without thinking, and encourage you to buy more by giving you a good deal.

Clever OTM :geek:

(keep in mind these are just estimates, and only account for people above level 170 when all levels spend cash on plat, sorry for any incorrect numbers)
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

I'll try explaining why these sales are beneficial for OTM through the power of math.

Now I'll estimate that 1/10 of players above 170 buy plat on a regular basis(i think that's a fair estimate considering the high cost of those levels.).
As of today, there are 2500(exactly)players above or at 170, which equates to 250 players buying plat. Now let's say that on average, these players spend $100 on the game each month. Which is equals three hundred thousand US dollars each year. However, when they do the sale of the combos, let's say that when the sale goes on, that number of buyers jumps to 1/5 of those 2500 players, so then 500 players spend $100 on the combos, thats 500K. That effectively doubles the income they get that month, just by giving a discount on a popular item.

By giving a limited time offer, they both make you spend your money without thinking, and encourage you to buy more by giving you a good deal.

Clever OTM :geek:

(keep in mind these are just estimates, and only account for people above level 170 when all levels spend cash on plat, sorry for any incorrect numbers)
Don't forget that that's £500,000 without taxes, deductions and any other expenses paid. Rent, software, hosting etc..

I calculated that with an income of £500K a year, they would only be able to support 39 workers maximum at the national MINIMUM Wage assuming a 50-week working year not including weekends for a typical 9-5 working day. That figure also assumes that all revenue goes into paying workers which it doesn't. £500,000 goes surprisingly quickly!

As you say, though, those numbers are likely to be much higher as you have picked just a stratum of the CH community.

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

I don't mind paying to enhance my enjoyment (don't need to farm for gold or worry as much about spending gold).

As long as OTM has plans on adding a tonne of horizontal game-play after the new engine implementation, I'll be content.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I view the sales as win-win. You can buy an item at a discount if you like and this stimulates sales for OTM.
This doesn't even take the server resets into account. :D

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan