Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: want to change my name

Now lets be honest and accurate here.

Yes it is possible to change your name, but OTM does not usually allow it nor will do it for you, except for extreme circumstances such as a vulgar or profane word in the name.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

One of my friends name was changed because his name made it easy for people to find him on social medias etc. what i gather, is that OTM will only change your name if there is a good reason for it.
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

Technically it is possible to change names but if it was allowed for just any reason then we would be buried in Support tickets requesting that very action.

It would require back and forth between the player and support as often the name requested will not be available.

It also cause an increase in scamming as players change their name the old one becomes available and could be taken by a low level player and used to try and scam others.

So until we have a system in place that allows the player to change the name themselves and reduces or eliminates opportunities for scamming then without very good reason it is not possible to change names.
"It was like that when I got here"

I'm a moderator for another mobile MMO and I can definitely confirm Esquilax' comment here. In the game that I moderate, people do have the ability to change their names by requesting on the forums and getting approved and completed by one of the moderators. It is a huge burden and it overflows us with work each and every day. It also did, indeed lead to a lot more underground account trades than we could handle.
-BALOR-
Azog-Warrior-Level 106
Clone-Ranger-Level 63
Slick-Rogue-Level 55
Hp-Druid-Level 54
RETIRED - IOS - RHIANNON
Clone - Warrior - 109
BETA TESTING
B0RG

Technically it is possible to change names but if it was allowed for just any reason then we would be buried in Support tickets requesting that very action.
So a guy in Morrigan who had scammed a lot of people had his name changed by OTM because he appealed and claimed he was being harassed. Why was that allowed?

For reference: http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 09#p108002

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Now lets be honest and accurate here.

Yes it is possible to change your name, but OTM does not usually allow it nor will do it for you, except for extreme circumstances such as a vulgar or profane word in the name.
And or if it contains your irl name. I've seen some names (Peenus) that support wouldnt change. His name is PEENUS for christ sakes. Seems innappropriate to me.