Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ranger Vs Rogue!

It's so hilarious how rangers complain they are the weakest class in terms of dps and need a dps buff even though they outdps warriors and have the massive benefit of ranged combat.
You warriors take the easy route; easy levelling and OP in PvP. If you were to actually play a ranger to a decent level, you'd be agreeing with some of us here, unless you're just the stubborn one who thinks he's right, no matter what.
Yes hes that one, search up any other ranger thread with more than 50 posts in feedback.
Wattzon of Sulis

It's so hilarious how rangers complain they are the weakest class in terms of dps and need a dps buff even though they outdps warriors and have the massive benefit of ranged combat.
What level is your ranger?

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Plot twist!

He doesnt have one :lol:
Wattzon of Sulis

I haven't read all the posts in this topic, but this most recent page disturbs me.

As a 194 ranger main, I have always considered the ranger the perfect mix of every other class.

Granted, ranger can not heal as much as druids, or deal quite as much damage as rouges, or take damage as well as warriors, or even support as well as mages, BUT:
We can do all of it to a degree just below every other class.

We can heal, We can dps, we can sort of take damage (we can take damage better than warriors with bolas- damage taken would be 0), AND we can support.

Rangers are the perfect mix of every class.
This is why we shouldn't get rid of Rangers. They are the mix of everything. This means good support as well as decent dps. They are the perfect mix for soloing
But this is so based on clan and group cooperation dude... Whats soloing needed for, its a MMORPG not RPG.
Reaching end game levels. When they get there, they can use their heals, support, and dps to do anything needed at a boss
UrMerGurd level 151 rogue and counting!
Phe0nix level 65 mage
Proud member of Ascension Danu:)

Plot twist!

He doesnt have one :lol:
I suspected as much. It is usually the clueless who speak with such conviction.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I think we should just make ranger superior to all classes.
No even better. We'll take out every class except ranger. We'll give them tons of armour, dmg, and healing, maybe even give them some magic abilities.

In al seriousness, rangers are meant to be the way they are now (they need a skill buff thats apparent). But why the hell would i make a rogue, a pure dps class, if i can just make a ranger who can lvl easier, boss easier, have more dps, can heal, can bolas.....then what would b the point of rogues if rangers do the exact same dmg? Im gonna save up some gold to make a ranger just in case lol.
Lololololol.

Mid-class armor. Druids Shield of Bark gives them second most armor.

Jack of all trades? If that was actually useful there wouldn't be other classes. Support skills are poo.

Light Heal: Druids have 3 skills which can directly heal druids win, no need for rangers there.

Sharpen Weapons: Ok the average 50/50 sharp weps is like 120 damage? That's a 960 damage add on in an 8 man group, so in actuality its 480 added damage and no more.

Then there's poison weapon. I took Biteys website Skill calculator here: http://celticheroes.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... lator.html and entered Levvys stats, link here from a recent post: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 51&t=58145 I assumed his cunning and dagger abilities were maxed out.

The poison weapon output was 163 poison damage. That'sa full 163 damage unless you are facing the odd mob with posion resist. You can cast it on other people and if you cast it on 8 others it would add up to 1304 direct poison damage. Lol. And we aren't even inputting in the adds he could have and the add he obviously has of +5 from his dl gear to poison wep.

Someone mentioned that they can replace warriors as tanks. Warriors and Rogues are never missing, if you want to lose lots of dps that ranger already don't have and put them into vit be my guest. All classes except for mages due to their lack of armor can tank with this logic.

And then of course rogues beat rangers when it comes to dps.
Poison weapons takes time to cast an it doesn't last very long.
While i poison weapon eight people, wait for the cooldown between them all( not even sure if i could cast it on 8 because of the time it lasts and the cooldown.), you use sharpen weapons once and attack a mob over and over with your group.

One versus one, poison weapons wins. Poison weapons versus sharpen weapons on a group, rangers win.

We are comparing rangers to rogues, not druids. Light heal versus life steal. I think rangers win in this category, but i think it would be a close one. You have the damage rogues get along with the heal against a larger heal that can be used on a group.

If rangers and rogues have almost the exact same armor, why couldnt a ranger tank a boss too?

I think ranger could use a few buffs, but it'd be better if they were put in bad skills to make them decent. Not good skills to make them op. also i think rangers armor should have a slightly better rating than a rogues.
Good job celtic heroes!

I think we should just make ranger superior to all classes.
No even better. We'll take out every class except ranger. We'll give them tons of armour, dmg, and healing, maybe even give them some magic abilities.

In al seriousness, rangers are meant to be the way they are now (they need a skill buff thats apparent). But why the hell would i make a rogue, a pure dps class, if i can just make a ranger who can lvl easier, boss easier, have more dps, can heal, can bolas.....then what would b the point of rogues if rangers do the exact same dmg? Im gonna save up some gold to make a ranger just in case lol.
Lololololol.

Mid-class armor. Druids Shield of Bark gives them second most armor.

Jack of all trades? If that was actually useful there wouldn't be other classes. Support skills are poo.

Light Heal: Druids have 3 skills which can directly heal druids win, no need for rangers there.

Sharpen Weapons: Ok the average 50/50 sharp weps is like 120 damage? That's a 960 damage add on in an 8 man group, so in actuality its 480 added damage and no more.

Then there's poison weapon. I took Biteys website Skill calculator here: http://celticheroes.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... lator.html and entered Levvys stats, link here from a recent post: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 51&t=58145 I assumed his cunning and dagger abilities were maxed out.

The poison weapon output was 163 poison damage. That'sa full 163 damage unless you are facing the odd mob with posion resist. You can cast it on other people and if you cast it on 8 others it would add up to 1304 direct poison damage. Lol. And we aren't even inputting in the adds he could have and the add he obviously has of +5 from his dl gear to poison wep.

Someone mentioned that they can replace warriors as tanks. Warriors and Rogues are never missing, if you want to lose lots of dps that ranger already don't have and put them into vit be my guest. All classes except for mages due to their lack of armor can tank with this logic.

And then of course rogues beat rangers when it comes to dps.
Poison weapons takes time to cast an it doesn't last very long.
While i poison weapon eight people, wait for the cooldown between them all( not even sure if i could cast it on 8 because of the time it lasts and the cooldown.), you use sharpen weapons once and attack a mob over and over with your group.

One versus one, poison weapons wins. Poison weapons versus sharpen weapons on a group, rangers win.

We are comparing rangers to rogues, not druids. Light heal versus life steal. I think rangers win in this category, but i think it would be a close one. You have the damage rogues get along with the heal against a larger heal that can be used on a group.

If rangers and rogues have almost the exact same armor, why couldnt a ranger tank a boss too?

I think ranger could use a few buffs, but it'd be better if they were put in bad skills to make them decent. Not good skills to make them op. also i think rangers armor should have a slightly better rating than a rogues.
Did you just ignore all the math with sharp weps and poison weps...
Anyway, someone said they have good support skills so this is what I said about them, which concerned light heal as well.

@UrmErGard What can rangers do at endgame if there are a few things that are original to them. All I'll say is that rangers are good substitutes and backup heal, backup dps etc. The give fights that extra "Oomph".
Rogue 166 - Ghostbro
Ranger 126 - Acebow
Warrior 85 - Ghostwar

Soldiersofjah
SULIS