Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Represent Your Class! (Data Collection)

Requesting a sticky for this!
Why would they sticky something that saves people plat?
It wouldn't save that much plat, because each skill has a different effect, if you want healing, you want nature's touch, because it is the skill for that, if you get what I'm saying.
Ex. I want good, low resisted damage - i get shadoestrike maxed. If i don't have an alt book, i can see an expected page damage beforehand.
Its not as if someone will try maxing giant swing, then switch to pummel because its better dps, because they know the difference between the skills, they know that pummel will cast a lot faster, and that you might get 1-2 giants in.

Please tell me if you dont understand what I'm saying, i dont know if i would with all this gibberish haha.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

It wouldn't save that much plat, because each skill has a different effect, if you want healing, you want nature's touch, because it is the skill for that, if you get what I'm saying.
Ex. I want good, low resisted damage - i get shadoestrike maxed. If i don't have an alt book, i can see an expected page damage beforehand.
Its not as if someone will try maxing giant swing, then switch to pummel because its better dps, because they know the difference between the skills, they know that pummel will cast a lot faster, and that you might get 1-2 giants in.

Please tell me if you dont understand what I'm saying, i dont know if i would with all this gibberish haha.
I'm sure if people are given all the formulas to all the skills, and knowing the damage formula they'd be able to continually change the values of their stats to see how the damages change until they reach an optimum.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I totally forgot about weapon damage. Unfortunately, I would have to do a lot of extra testing for skills that include weapon damage before I could put data for those skills to good use.

In the meantime, melee classes should skip the skills that include weapon damage and provide data for other skills. I understand that this eliminates a lot, but I believe that these are left (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Warrior
Pummel
Shatter
Frenzy
Protective Stance
Defensive Formation
Shield Wall
Enduring Guard

Rogue
Quick Strike
Shadowstrike
Life Steal
Fast Reflexes
Poison Weapon
Riposte

Ranger
Sharp Shot
Sharpen Weapons
Light Heal

Thanks for pointing that out Immortalius. I'll modify the formula to include weapon damage for some skills as soon as I can.
I'm fairly certain frenzy is affected by physical damage equipped.
Belenus
Elementals

Kiyarah - 222
PiercingHeart - 193
Kiystroyer - 139
Hexi - 137
Alleviate - 135

In that case I'll just edit this topic instead of making a new topic when I have enough formulas.
The is probably true for any guide currently stickied in the class forums. Guides like these help people make decisions on their build, which would possibly save some plat. But remember that people still need to buy alt and rebirths to actually change their builds.
Swan, I believe it would be much easier to present the equations in fractions... So instead of 28.89, using a fraction like 173/6 would be more visually appealing and easier to understand.
I know that fractions are aesthetically better, but I think accuracy is more important for this purpose. Also there is an easy way to use these formulas, even if you don't know a thing about what it means. I copied and pasted these steps from my old guide.

If you want to quickly use a skill formula, follow these steps:
1. Copy and paste the entire bold equation into a text editor (e.g. Word, Notepad, TextEdit, or Pages)
2. Delete the bold equals sign and the green text
3. Replace the blue and red colored text with your own corresponding Stat and Ability values.
4. Copy your new expression
5. Go to http://www.wolframalpha.com, paste it in, and press enter

I will include these steps in the new guide when I have more formulas.

In response to this:
For melee skills, weapon damage can be an extra factor, are you able to create a formula for them also? Would you need data from different weapons?
Yes, I am now able to create a formula for skills that include weapon damage. No, I do not need data from different weapons.

All I need is your auto damage in addition to skill damage, stat, and ability for each data point.

So the new format for skills that include weapon damage looks something like this ("Any" means that it doesn't matter what it is):
1. High Stat, Any Ability, Corresponding Skill Damage, Any Auto Damage
2. Low Stat, Same Ability, Corresponding Skill Damage, Any Auto Damage
3. Either the High or the Low Stat, Different Ability, Corresponding Skill Damage, Any Auto Damage

There is still an enormous lack of data for warriors, rogues, and rangers! And now you have no more excuses :D

Remember, just three data points makes a formula.

Re: Skill Power Formulas (Work In Progress, Needs Data)

Swan, I believe it would be much easier to present the equations in fractions... So instead of 28.89, using a fraction like 173/6 would be more visually appealing and easier to understand.
I know that fractions are aesthetically better, but I think accuracy is more important for this purpose
Not to blow your steam, but aren't fractions generally more accurate? Also, Use the search bar for a Damage Calculator: A while ago someone made a rather nice one, and could probably make others that you could link to on your official guide.

Excellent work btw, completing something Elvra failed to do a while back
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Re: Skill Power Formulas (Work In Progress, Needs Data)

Not to blow your steam, but aren't fractions generally more accurate?
Fractions can be more accurate in some cases, but when I solved these formulas it was simply more convenient to use decimals than fractions. The calculator I use outputs decimals only when I fit curves to three data points. I don't think it is possible to set it to fraction mode.

Now that I have a bunch of decimals, it becomes difficult to convert them into reasonable fractions. Take 49.811 (the first number on the strangling vines equation) for example. How do I convert that into a simple, elegant fraction? The best I can think of is 49811/1000. This looks clunky and takes up more space than necessary. It also means extra work for me. The same thing goes for almost every other number in the formulas.
So instead of 28.89, using a fraction like 173/6 would be more visually appealing and easier to understand.
I admit that 173/6 does look better. However, keep in mind that the original number was 28.89 (because that's what the calculator printed out). 173/6 = 28.8333. While this is somewhat close, it still strays away from the original value. This is what I mean by inaccuracies. If you use fractions like 173/6 in the place of 28.89, you will end up with much less accurate results for skill power, especially when you put in large stat/ability values.

So I use decimals instead of fractions for 1) Convenience and 2) Accuracy.