Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ipad Air and Celtic Heroes?

I am looking for people with experience who updates their Ipad regularly. For those who have Ipad Air, how is it? Does it feel worth it?

Also, would you say the Ipad air has more chances of breaking?

Do you feel you get better game play?
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

Re: Ipad Air and Celtic Heroes?

The iPad Air is great, I think personally. I feel like its worth it, I mean if you carrying stuff around all day, the iPad Air is definitely light. From my iPad 2 - iPad Air there was a noticeable and dramatic decrease of weight. Given all that the iPad Air has a faster processor so it loads stuff quicker, updates quicker and that's always a plus.

Durability wise, I shared the same concerns that it was easier to break. But realistically I've had my iPad Air for about 6 months and it hasn't broken yet. I've accidentally dropped it off my kitchen bench and it landed face first on the ground, and it survived (although I don't recommend doing that). I think it has the same durability as any other iPad but I wouldn't go around and drop it just in case.

Gameplay: I absolutely love the enhanced display on this thing! I'm not sure if it's retina (I think it is) but the graphics are more immaculate and a huge improvement to what I used to use (iPad 2). Of course the slightly bigger screen is also going to enhance gameplay. I don't think the iPad Air hinders gameplay at all really.
Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

I think it is great. The iPad itself is thin but as adverts say it does have a somewhat durable feel when you are holding it. In any case, you have the same risk of damage as all types of iPads fair well against regular use and will break from your usual fall height (from a table, from your hand while standing or sitting, etc).

In respect to the game, it fairs very well. Graphics has not changed for the retina versions of the iPad, but if you are going from an iPad 2 or earlier to the retina of an iPad Air, you will notice a difference. I am not sure I would say the difference is important though.

The most you will get out of it in relation to the game is the performance, which I have to say is great. Fast loading, virtually no processing lag, and no crashes. This was generally the case with the pervious iPad model as well but I would say a faster iPad is always a better investment as the game expands and may need more processing power.

My advice however is to wait it out, if you can, for the next generation which will undoubtly have a better chip and possibly better resolution. There is also rumours of an iPad pro, which will feature a larger screen and possibly a new OS.

Ipad 2

It can tank 5 mordy's, 8 necros and still not lag haha
There is no such thing as tanking necro with no lag... That many people jammed into that little space is terrible

i find hru worse than necro for lag
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

So it does not crash as much.or at all.

What about the ping?

(By the way I got it today but I need to wait for the screen protection to dry, Gosh dangit!)

Yes, the ping the ping the ping! How is the ping?? 0: Does it lag still or is that unavoidable. By the way liv, that talk about the Ipad 2 not lagging is a lie!!! 0:
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

Ipad 2

It can tank 5 mordy's, 8 necros and still not lag haha
Lol Liv according to your sig the toons which is appearing in can barely tank falg,
unless i've missed a 190+ lvl warr in there ofc.
Jackos full tank warrior 232 + proud general of resurgence
Shokobo ranger 190 +
Bamba mage 218 +
XboobiesX rogue 190 +
Fat Amy druid 218 +
Jackosb 90 lvl druid (retired)
playing on arawn since 2011