Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Level cap

Everyone always talks about a level cap. Idk why the other topic was moderated and I think OTM deserves to know how that makes us feel when that is done. Not so good.

Anyway the level cap imo will never be set. It will just be a function of when OTM gives up on CH and no new zones are released. So to answer everyones questions no hard level cap will ever be set, the xp graph will keep going up in the same exponential function and when OTM stops updating the game is where the soft cap will lay.
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.

Re: Level cap

Hi there, although there will be higher level mobs in the tower zone, the main focus for the game going forwards is to add alternative things to do apart from just level, hence the objective to add things like fishing, crafting, nurturing pets, mounts etc in the future. So that players can have a much larger choice of what to do apart from just fighting enemies.

Sweet and lovely!

How about adding alliance level above clan level... This lets community-types nurture in their own way too :)
OTM: 6s+ running iOS 10.3

gingerkhan (warrior) 200+ .. agent99 (rogue) 200+
ancient member of craven .. current member of ancients

Sounds great, thanks for clarifying that.
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.

Sweet and lovely!

How about adding alliance level above clan level... This lets community-types nurture in their own way too :)
Yes this is a great idea, we've been discussing this kind of thing for a long time also, as you say the players can create content themselves the best. Not sure exactly what form this will take in the future, but we were discussing many options including alliance systems, ways to upgrade and modify clans by players so they can provide extra benefits for members themselves, and also things like crafting will allow players to customise their items more etc..

Hi there, although there will be higher level mobs in the tower zone, the main focus for the game going forwards is to add alternative things to do apart from just level, hence the objective to add things like fishing, crafting, nurturing pets, mounts etc in the future. So that players can have a much larger choice of what to do apart from just fighting enemies.
Hi Admin, over the past year I have collected multiple of every Diamond and old Meteoric Armor Stone in thought that they will be used for crafting. Could you confirm if in fact the gems will be needed for end-game level crafting? There is a good 200k of gems sitting in my bank and I am not sure if they will be used.

Thanks immensely.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

An alliance system I think would be a great implementation, and in addition to alliance chat between clans I would also consider colour coded dots next to names on group requests (I.E. green dot for clanmate, blue dot for alliance member, red dot for rival clans and no dot for clanless). This would greatly aid in bossing, and remove the need to try and trawl through the area list in order to identify the request originator prior to acceptance.
To the matter of upgrading and customising clans, I think this could have massive ramifications in respect of server balance and should be approached with great caution.
The clan system should be based around social and organisational considerations, and not, to my mind, because admittance automatically confers stat bonuses as a matter of course.
I realise it can be argued this already happens to a degree, in terms of the stat bonuses of the gear that only the best clans have access to, and it is perhaps no coincidence that many worlds now have a single dominant clan that controls the high end content of the game, though including stat boosts based on simple membership will only serve to make this polarisation more obvious.
I do not write this as some disgruntled member of a struggling clan, but as someone who currently enjoys membership amongst my server's elite, and so this post is in no way self-serving, but as someone who recognises the need for healthy competition.
I have many friends both in and out of clan, and as much I should like it if they deemed fit to join the same clan as myself at some stage, I should much rather it be because they want to, and I would not see them left with the sole option of capitulate or quit (something an ill thought out clan benefit system may bring about).
Roman Empire employs a clan upgrade / stat boost system and in my opinion it is to great ill effect that they do it, and so I should be greatly loathed to see CH wander down that same uneven path.
A clans stranglehold should be based on the strength of its fingers (it's members) which should have to continually work to maintain their grasp. A clan based stat boost system is akin to granting the palm a rock with which the hand might strike a single definitive blow.

All the best,

Magustra

Thanks Admin!

I agree with Magustra... Lets add more functionality like dots, and I would be cautious adding stat bonuses extending an existing clan's dominance (also speaking from within the elite, and not wanting people joining out of desperation).

On functionality, would be great to enable extending drops beyond group size to any alliance members present from start. But this presents a challenge to track and calculate who was present early and active at the fight. Not a huge challenge, of course. An alternative is to let some member of the target-lock group decide which green dots to include in this wide-spread drop net... maybe by clicking a box from a new alliance in area box? these small functionality adds, i understand, take lots of technical planning. (I do incentive planning for companies, is full of challenges to foresee the unintended consequences).

Thanks Admin!!!
OTM: 6s+ running iOS 10.3

gingerkhan (warrior) 200+ .. agent99 (rogue) 200+
ancient member of craven .. current member of ancients

Also I would focus on fixing the numerous persisting bugs and imbalances because unhappy players = players who don't feel like spending money.