Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How Android servers will work

For those that want to play but don't have an android device there are plenty of free android simulators available if you have a PC. Granted it needs to be a somewhat newer pc but I've played the new engine on one already and I don't own an android device.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

At first, Android servers and IOS servers will be separate. This is so OTM can fix any Android issues that passed through the beta without interfering with IOS.
Once BOTH IOS has the new engine running smoothly AND Android is fully released without any issues, they will merge the servers.
"Merging the servers" doesn't mean that they would put everybody who is playing on an Android server onto an IOS world. What it does mean is this:
1. You will be able to use an IOS device to log into an Android server.
2. You will be able to use an Android device to log into an IOS server.
3. You will NOT be able to transfer things from IOS to Android, or the other way around.
4. Think of Android as new worlds being added. This is exactly what it is and nothing more.

Issues you may have:
1. "no pls dnt do ths android iz so much hax pls" <--- No understanding of how games work. Android will not have any hacks or glitches that IOS doesn't have. Modifying a game on Android is NOT easier than it is on IOS. Modifying a game on IOS is NOT easier than it is on Android. The only "glitches" (they are hardly glitches) in either server that you COULD do is change the images and names of things in game. This is EXTREMELY easy to do, both on Android and IOS, and has NO impact on how the game works; it is something only visible to you, and only you can see it.
2. "will i looz my itemz on ios" No you will not. Once again, the merging is exactly as if new worlds are being added that you can play on. No user data will be erased EVER.
3. "can i play on android with ifone" Yes you can. You will be able to use an IOS device to play on an Android world, and an Android device to play on an IOS world.
4. "i can give my items to android world?" No you cannot. You are not currently, and will never be able to transfer items or characters between worlds. This is because in order for OTM to transfer the files of one character to another world, they would have to bring down the servers. Imagine the amount of down time this game would have because of people transferring worlds. It is something that simply isn't possible.

How will Android be released?
When the Android game is released to the google play store, it will only have the following zones: Lirs Reach, Farcarg Castle, the Arena, Crookback Hollows, Dustwither Catacombs, and the Tavern. The other zones will be released as updates to the game, the same as they were for IOS.

What about IOS?
Once the Android version is fully released with all of the zones, OTM will open up a beta to test the IOS engine. Once both the IOS and Android are fully released, they will begin working on updates for the game.

Whats next?
The things that OTM has said they will be working on this year are as follows: Release android. Update IOS engine. A new zone (Celebrons Tower). Crafting. Mounts.

Please sticky this so that every other post I see on the forums isn't asking about these things.
This post is a good summary of our plans for 2014, thanks for writing it up. We plan to have all of this (and more) completed in 2014.
This is the first I've heard the servers won't be merged... and it's a large disappointment. Care to elaborate?
Morrigan: Avalon (R.I.P.)
AwsomeO: 227 Druid
Hyperbole: 200 Rogue

This is the first I've heard the servers won't be merged... and it's a large disappointment. Care to elaborate?
Merging the servers(having two Arawn servers that turn into one Arawn server) isn't planned. Post launch we will investigate allowing cross platform access but we don't have more info on this yet.

Is there an estimated time that this is going to happen? Anytime soon? It's been a while since this post was created so I was just wondering. I would really like to play on my android phone while I'm away from home , which my account is on IOS..
+1 can this happen already? tired of the fact that the only thing keeping me from getting an android is this game.
Clanless
Lorto lvl 215+ Ranger
Chariot lvl 180+ Rogue
TweedleDee lvl 1+ Mage
TweedleDum lvl 1+ Druid

Last I heard CH dev team uses Internet Explorer, that's why muldar says it's never gonna happen.

Anyways been a awhile on forums so have no idea what's going on here.

+Necro post, no need to bump things up but can always make new post... I read through all the 1st post then saw the date l.
Warrior 222, Ranger 220,
Concordiia,
Donn.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]