Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: gameplay on ipod 4th gen

A lot of people cry about lag and i have not yet experienced it . I have been in a lot of stressful places to try and nothing. Idk but imo its your internet
It's rarely a function of your internet. Look at the bottom right. Unless you see massive lag there then it's likely a property of your processor. I play on iphone 5s, 5, 4s, 4, 3G and iPad 2 and ipod 5gens all on wifi. On the 3G logins can take up to 2 minutes and bringing up the keyboard 30 seconds if it dosent crash outright. I can log in under 8 seconds on my 5s and the keyboard pops up instantly.

I've played on cellular and many wifi networks. Besides intermittent lag spikes I've never had a bandwidth problem even on dial up wifi.

When you multibox on many different devices on the same wifi it starts to be pretty obvious where the majority of the lag comes from. It's the outdated processor. Never update your iOS - keeping as old an iOS as possible is the best way to keep your game running fast. Close other applications by double clicking your home button (iOS 4 and up) and turn down the settings in options - a low draw distance helps and always keep detail distance at minimum.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I've noticed on older devices it's possible for processor lag to create a lag in your ping. I notice it when I'm trading an account with tons of stuff on an old device - it adds 4-5 seconds of lag every trade so if you put up the full 7 items it logs out due to lag.

If you are experiencing what you see in the picture above it is likely either a signal strength issue or the above issue.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

A lot of people cry about lag and i have not yet experienced it . I have been in a lot of stressful places to try and nothing. Idk but imo its your internet
I know what you mean, I only really experience lag at hrungnir and even then its not much; especially when I turn off names and reduce draw distance a little.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

I can play on my old iPod 2nd gen with draw distance low, and only lag a little if I'm arround a group of people fighting. If I'm in the castle, and not many people are dueling, I'm fine. I don't prefer it, i use the phone most of the time, but for support it is not bad. You have to leave 30-60 seconds to leystone travel, and a couple of min to log in, but once you get somewhere you're good.
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!