Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Apple beta

#11
Plus3 wrote:Too lazy to dig up posts but admin said they would first iron out the bugs in the new android servers then let idevices join after. The reverse for current apple severs. So nothing will be merged (as far as what's been said anyhow)


Hi there, yes the new engine is cross platform, so the android testing is in effect ironing out bugs in the Apple version too. While the Android version is being released and fully tested with any glitches ironed out, we can continue to add more improvements and then do a test on Apple devices. The advantage with Android is that you can officially do beta testing, so we can open up the test to many players, whereas Apple do not allow you to upload betas and restrict the number of possible testers to a small number.

So overall it'll be a big benefit to Apple users to get the Android version out first so that our existing players can then get a high quality, polished and stable game to play.

The new engine has so much potential that we are also now expanding the team again with a new round of hiring to make sure we can get content out much faster and to a much higher quality than anything seen before in the game. I'm very excited for the future of the game.

Re: Apple beta

#12
Hmm, so let me get this straight.

Burn't out players are going to have to wait 6-12months more for the next update? If we aren't burnt out yet, we will be by then. And if we are already burnt out, we won't even see the update.
Image

Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Re: Apple beta

#13
I think Admin has an alarm attached to his ear when his name is mentioned with the quick response time to this post, love it. Lol :D
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid

Image

I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester

Re: Apple beta

#14
Pestillence wrote:Hmm, so let me get this straight.

Burn't out players are going to have to wait 6-12months more for the next update? If we aren't burnt out yet, we will be by then. And if we are already burnt out, we won't even see the update.


We are prioritising getting content out faster as one of our main company goals for this year. Hopefully we can achieve this and everyone at OTM is aware of this being the most important thing we need to do.

Re: Apple beta

#15
admin wrote:
Pestillence wrote:Hmm, so let me get this straight.

Burn't out players are going to have to wait 6-12months more for the next update? If we aren't burnt out yet, we will be by then. And if we are already burnt out, we won't even see the update.


We are prioritising getting content out faster as one of our main company goals for this year. Hopefully we can achieve this and everyone at OTM is aware of this being the most important thing we need to do.


Good to hear, hopefully this will be delivered.
Image

Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Re: Apple beta

#16
Shadowbolt2 wrote:The engine is coming out before the content update. This is what OTM has been stating all along. The engine will come between update 4-5, after the engine, they will have beta for the actual update and then the update i am hoping will come out towards the beginning of summer.


Are you saying summer 2015?...

Haha, kidding, I'm guessing that the engine will be out most likely by April, but it might be even longer...then most likely Update 5 will be another half a year? It depends how much work OTM has done already and how much is left to do, then add in the time of a beta, and the time for Apple to approve it. So my guess (and hope) is that Update 5 might be out by the end of the year.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
RIP 2019 (YT link)
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Apple beta

#17
For a very small unknown pretty much company who i would venture to say had no clue their idea would be this popular, i think OTM has done an amazing job. They have kept my attention for over 2 years now :):)
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

Re: Apple beta

#18
ThyraUnited wrote:For a very small unknown pretty much company who i would venture to say had no clue their idea would be this popular, i think OTM has done an amazing job. They have kept my attention for over 2 years now :):)



Exactly, so many people overlook this fact, OTM is a very small company compared to many companies with popular games. The game is wonderful, and even a few small bugs and repetitive quests don't lower my enjoyment of the game. I feel OTM is on the right track to making CH a very big and popular game.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
RIP 2019 (YT link)
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Apple beta

#19
Pestillence wrote:
admin wrote:
Pestillence wrote:Hmm, so let me get this straight.

Burn't out players are going to have to wait 6-12months more for the next update? If we aren't burnt out yet, we will be by then. And if we are already burnt out, we won't even see the update.


We are prioritising getting content out faster as one of our main company goals for this year. Hopefully we can achieve this and everyone at OTM is aware of this being the most important thing we need to do.


Good to hear, hopefully this will be delivered.


Honestly, the Hrungnir, Mordris and Necromancer encounters are enough of a high level content that could last for the next several months and even the next year. But you guys have to listen to our feedback about eliminating Bind on Equip rings and Tiered Loot and useless items to make CH more enjoyable to your maxed out players. Getting 75-100% useless loot every time is a highway to burning out clans. I see it every day, less and less people are coming to raids, there's no point, they don't miss anything when we bank all loot anyway. Gearing up characters is one of the primary reasons people play RPGs, and when we are still sporting Aggy bracers we got back in Aug 2012, something is very wrong.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests