Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guide to Writing an In-Game Support Ticket

I think there should be in game moderators who watch for this type of thing.

ABSOLUTELY there should be.

Ive heard of other MMo games that always have an in-game moderator. If people were fighting publicly or privately those people would be instantly summoned by moderators, no matter where they were in game, and the dispute would be handled immediately. warnings would be issued, and/or suspensions given.
There aren't enough people to really check things. For example on my world a person with a lvl1 account impersonating OTM staff scammed for about a full year so far (haven't seen them in a month though). You would think with multiple reports, and a name that no one but a scammer would be likely to pick, something would be done.

However this game is better moderated than some other mobile ones I have played so I'm not too disappointed.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I'm really against non-employee in game mods. While that rare player can handle it in a much too large percentage of cases it devolves into abuse of authority.

Unfortunately with such a small company there aren't anywhere near enough employees or money for this. That said if there are problems that are bad admin people can always look at the logs.
It seems to work in other games. Maybe there is some power given, but the real power is with the admins and they would be notified on everyone that you blocked or modified in any way.

Decent guide... it's unfortunate that it is necessary.

As one addition to your list of reasonable uses of the support tool, you might add that bugs and glitches are also acceptable.

I will echo the words of others, however, and suggest that you change your paragraph related to reporting players. I know you added that it is your opinion, but I think you should change it to encourage people to report bad behaviour.

I can say from experience that a single ticket has resulted in dialogue and action with OTM (I reported an account seller).

I think you are applying a narrow definition to the word support, as you are mostly thinking of technical support, or game support... but remember that support essentially means help. A student may go to a teacher for support in the case of bullying, for example.

Beyond that, OTM makes it clear that one of the support tool's purposes is to report players:
Although we cannot return traded items and gold, if you inform us via the in-game Support Tool that you may have been the victim of a scam we will investigate the individual in question, and may issue a warning to that player to return your items to you.

You can report another player for scamming by using the in-game Support Tool.
To access the Support Tool:

Log-in with the character who has been scammed.
From the Menu page (the top icon on the left-hand side of the screen), select the option which says Support.
Fill out the required details, including details of what items were scammed and the name of the player who you believe scammed you, and select Send. This will send your message to the Support team, who will take a look at your issue.

Reporting Bad Language
Any violations of our in-game policies and guidelines should be reported to the in-game Support staff for investigation. We are constantly working to ensure that our policies and guidelines are being followed in order to create a fun and safe environment for you to play the game in. You can help with this by reporting any instances of bad behaviour.

To report a player for bad language:

Go to the Menu screen when logged-in with your character.
Select the Support option.
Enter your issue, including the name of the player you wish to report for bad language.

This will create a support ticket for us to review and take the appropriate action if necessary. Whilst we may not respond to you directly, please be assured that we will investigate the issue and act accordingly.

Ongoing Harassment
If a situation occurs where an individual player has been harassing you for some time, despite your best efforts to ignore that player and avoid contact with them (using the Block Player option), and you have reported the player’s behaviour several times to us, please report the issue using the following steps:

Enter your issue, including the name of the player you wish to report for harassment, the fact that this issue has been reported before, what was said, and any additional information that will be relevant to our investigation. In situations like this it is extremely helpful if you have screenshots saved on your device as evidence of the harassment, which you can then e-mail to us or send in a forum message if we require it to help with our investigation.
Our Support team will contact you and fully investigate the issue.

Please avoid posting harassment issues in the forum. Whilst we may contact you via the forum to gain more information or conduct or investigation, we ask that all players first and foremost use the in-game Support tool to report their issues.
The above quotes can be found in the articles at the top of this page: http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Other than that, good job putting that info into a post.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

Decent guide... it's unfortunate that it is necessary.

As one addition to your list of reasonable uses of the support tool, you might add that bugs and glitches are also acceptable.

I will echo the words of others, however, and suggest that you change your paragraph related to reporting players. I know you added that it is your opinion, but I think you should change it to encourage people to report bad behaviour.

I can say from experience that a single ticket has resulted in dialogue and action with OTM (I reported an account seller).

I think you are applying a narrow definition to the word support, as you are mostly thinking of technical support, or game support... but remember that support essentially means help. A student may go to a teacher for support in the case of bullying, for example.

Beyond that, OTM makes it clear that one of the support tool's purposes is to report players:
Although we cannot return traded items and gold, if you inform us via the in-game Support Tool that you may have been the victim of a scam we will investigate the individual in question, and may issue a warning to that player to return your items to you.

You can report another player for scamming by using the in-game Support Tool.
To access the Support Tool:

Log-in with the character who has been scammed.
From the Menu page (the top icon on the left-hand side of the screen), select the option which says Support.
Fill out the required details, including details of what items were scammed and the name of the player who you believe scammed you, and select Send. This will send your message to the Support team, who will take a look at your issue.

Reporting Bad Language
Any violations of our in-game policies and guidelines should be reported to the in-game Support staff for investigation. We are constantly working to ensure that our policies and guidelines are being followed in order to create a fun and safe environment for you to play the game in. You can help with this by reporting any instances of bad behaviour.

To report a player for bad language:

Enter your issue, including the name of the player you wish to report for bad language.

This will create a support ticket for us to review and take the appropriate action if necessary. Whilst we may not respond to you directly, please be assured that we will investigate the issue and act accordingly.

Ongoing Harassment
If a situation occurs where an individual player has been harassing you for some time, despite your best efforts to ignore that player and avoid contact with them (using the Block Player option), and you have reported the player’s behaviour several times to us, please report the issue using the following steps:

Enter your issue, including the name of the player you wish to report for harassment, the fact that this issue has been reported before, what was said, and any additional information that will be relevant to our investigation. In situations like this it isxtremely helpful if you have screenshots saved on your device as evidence of the harassment, which you can then e-mail to us or send in a forum message if we require it to help with our investigation.
Our Support team will contact you and fully investigate the issue.

Please avoid posting harassment issues in the forum. Whilst we may contact you via the forum to gain more information or conduct or investigation, we ask that all players first and foremost use the in-game Support tool to report their issues.
The above quotes can be found in the articles at the top of this page: http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Other than that, good job putting that info into a post.
Thank you for making this clear!

I agree with what you have said, and I shall change my guide to fit their guidelines. :)