Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What would you prefer - one arena or several arenas?

Why does everyone take PvP so personally. You don't walk down a road in Lir's and get roflstomp ganked. You enter an arena and are there to fight.Everyone is there to fight it's 100% consensual combat. And you win and you lose and you play again. It's not personal, and I don't give crap who my friend's are, if yer not in my group, if yer even in my Clan and not in my group, u are my target! Not my friend, or clanmate... It's an arena not a freaking hallmark party.

I mean seriously... Man up, Woman Up, and if you go to an arena, don't worry about who you are fighting, just kill them.

As to the spectator idea?

Come on. This is iOS, not a PC, you can't render that many people fighting and your speculative presence might give the combatants lag themselves. In my opinion there will be pvp leaderboards if people are interested to see who is the best and how they fight. Also... I don't want people watching how my crew fights, what we do and how we play. If you wanna see how we play, get a group together and fight us.
Last edited by Teaweasel on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Why does everyone take PvP so personally. You don't walk down a road i nLir's and get roflstomp ganked. You enter an arena and are there to fight.Everyone is there to fight it's 100% consensual combat. And you win and you lose and you play again. It's not personal, and I don't give crap who my friend's are, if yer not in my group, if yer even in my Clan and not in my group, u are my target! Not my friend, or clanmate... It's an arena not a freaking hallmark party.

I mean seriously... Man up, Woman Up, and if go to an arena, don't worry about who you are fighting, just kill them.

As to the spectator idea?

Come on. This is iOS, not a PC, you can't render that many people fighting and your speculative presence might give the combatants lag themselves. In my opinion there will be pvp leaderboards if people are interested to see who is the best and how they fight. Also... I don't want people watching how my crew fights, what we do and how we play. If you wanna see how we play, get a group together and fight us.
Just wondering if you a have a RAGE button you press when it comes to replying to somthing that doesnt satisfy you. Its an outine for a future idea no need to discourage it when its just a simple thought. You can share your opinion yes itswell acknowldged and im not bashing for the way you are cause i do the same thing. But anything can be applied with proper programming and ideas like this can be implimented safley and if you dont wish for your battles to be reviewed you can have the option for a privacy setting.
Name:HoorDee/DrPeppers
Class:(Balor) Warrior(Rosmerta)Druid
Level:170/140

I know. No offence teawesel at all, but most opinions and replies i read from you are negative. No offense again, but pvp is for everyone amd not just you so please think before you post a ton of negativity and let other people leave their comments. Comments that mean something or letting their ideas flow along with the last, not just bashing the other writer because the idea doesnt match yours.
Axiom
Maclir101 - Warrior 224 (Retired)
Feared - Mage 222 (Active)
Citizen of Rosmerta since 2011 Samhain

Lol.

I state my viewpoint. Maybe it's because I live, work and compete in NYC, and others have a more rural or suburban affable quality about them. That's not me. I play hard, talk hard, work hard.

I'm not angry, just blunt and not concerned with my friendships when in a PvP arena. If you think that's negative, your opinion. But yeah it's PvP, Players vs Players. And I want to face the best possible players, and I expect many of them will be clan mates, and I can't wait to smash them repeatedly and get smashed repeatedly as we work to become the best. That's how the best PvP'er become the best, by constantly working on their skills. And yeah I plan to fight against people in my clan to show them thru practice how a good Druid is gonna beat them, so they can then have experience vs another good Druid in another clan.

My overall point? What you see as my negativity, I see as my personality :twisted:

You post your comments, I post my comments, I dont attack you on a personal lvl, just your comments and only if I disagree, isn't that the point of a forum?
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

I know. No offence teawesel at all, but most opinions and replies i read from you are negative. No offense again, but pvp is for everyone amd not just you so please think before you post a ton of negativity and let other people leave their comments. Comments that mean something or letting their ideas flow along with the last, not just bashing the other writer because the idea doesnt match yours.
I wasnt saying his post are negative tea is dead on with what he has to say and i respect his point of view i just like raging with him sometimes its fun to see his side as a well educated person sometimes you got to poke the bear to get a responce. I wasnt stateing i dont like his post he has a point with the current game mechanisms that would cause lag its self just haveing them view you.
Lol.

I state my viewpoint. Maybe it's because I live, work and compete in NYC, and others have a more rural or suburban affable quality about them. That's not me. I play hard, talk hard, work hard.

I'm not angry, just blunt and not concerned with my friendships when in a PvP arena. If you think that's negative, your opinion. But yeah it's PvP, Players vs Players. And I want to face the best possible players, and I expect many of them will be clan mates, and I can't wait to smash them repeatedly and get smashed repeatedly as we work to become the best. That's how the best PvP'er become the best, by constantly working on their skills. And yeah I plan to fight against people in my clan to show them thru practice how a good Druid is gonna beat them, so they can then have experience vs another good Druid in another clan.

My overall point? What you see as my negativity, I see as my personality

You post your comments, I post my comments, I dont attack you on a personal lvl, just your comments
Funny i was just stateing something along the lines of this before you posted.
Name:HoorDee/DrPeppers
Class:(Balor) Warrior(Rosmerta)Druid
Level:170/140

I have to agree with Teaweasel in regards to watching. It's an interesting idea, but I'd rather not have my possible opponents be able to study my movements and they way I use skills/equipment.

Nubs will have duels they can watch outside the arena; they won't be missing out on PvP.
-------ALDHELM -------- lvl 95 Rogue ------- God of Damage ------- Crom ------- AZURA ------- lvl 61 Druid ------- Noob Heals ------- Tanaris -------