Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Dal Riata Enquirer: Dear Abby

Dal Riata Enquirer

Dear Abby

A Shameful 'Shroom Confession

Dear Abby,

I must share a personal vice that is rather embarrassing. I recently acquired quite a taste for the mushrooms that commonly grow in Shalemont and Stonevale. I am afraid this love for 'shrooms has quickly become a hopeless addiction! I now eat them for breaksfast, lunch, and dinner, and I always keep a sack of them handy for when I start to feel a bit peckish. I suppose my indulgence would not be a problem if it weren't for the horribly bad breath that consuming them causes.
What should I do, Abby? Must I give up my mushrooms or must I give up my friends? I'm not sure I can keep both.

• Sincerely,
    Mushroom Lover
Dear Mushroom Lover,

The mushrooms you speak of have varying effects, some much worse than bad breath. There have even been several cases of serious illness and death that I have heard of.

The only mushrooms I know of which are safe to eat are the blue cave mushrooms found just south of the camp in Fignals Cave. Beware, there are spies which patrol the area, and I've even heard stories about a giant bat which feeds on the unsuspecting.

Oh, please be careful!

Abby
Dal Riata Enquirer

Dear Abby

Shameful 'Shroom Confession: A Reply

Dear Abby,

I cannot thank you enough for your advice regarding my former addiction to Fettles and Milkstalks.
Soon after receiving your response to my inquiry, I eagerly visited Fingal's Cave in search of the mushrooms you mentioned.
I never actually found the 'shrooms, because soon after leaving Clan Maclir Encampment, I was captured by a rough-looking band of men that called themselves Blackthorn Marauders. I was held captive by these ruffians for several weeks (which is why it has taken so long to respond), fastened to a big rock, living only on stale bread and water.

Eventually, a masked rogue sneaked into the camp, killing my captors. I never got a chance to thank the rogue; he was gone in a flash.

When I finally returned home, I found that my addiction to mushrooms had been broken!
And to think it only took 5 weeks in captivity to cure me. :roll:

• Sincerely,
    Stale Bread Eater
Last edited by Kril on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Re: The Dal Riata Daily News: Dear Abby

Dal Riata Daily

Dear Abby

A Shameful 'Shroom Confession

Dear Abby,

I must share a personal vice that is rather embarrassing. I recently acquired quite a taste for the mushrooms that commonly grow in Shalemont and Stonevale. I am afraid this love for 'shrooms has quickly become a hopeless addiction! I now eat them for breaksfast, lunch, and dinner, and I always keep a sack of them handy for when I start to feel a bit peckish. I suppose my indulgence would not be a problem if it weren't for the horribly bad breath that consuming them causes.
What should I do, Abby? Must I give up my mushrooms or must I give up my friends? I'm not sure I can keep both.

• Sincerely,
    Mushroom Lover
Dear Mushroom Lover,

The mushrooms you speak of have varying effects, some much worse than bad breath. There have even been several cases of serious illness and death that I have heard of.

The only mushrooms I know of which are safe to eat are the blue cave mushrooms found just south of the camp in Fignals Cave. Beware, there are spies which patrol the area, and I've even heard stories about a giant bat which feeds on the unsuspecting.

Oh, please be careful!

Abby
Dal Riata Daily

Dear Abby

Shameful 'Shroom Confession: A Reply

Dear Abby,

I cannot thank you enough for your advice regarding my former addiction to Fettles and Milkstalks.
Soon after receiving your response to my inquiry, I eagerly visited Fingal's Cave in search of the mushrooms you mentioned.
I never actually found the 'shrooms, because soon after leaving Clan Maclir Encampment, I was captured by a rough-looking band of men that called themselves Blackthorn Marauders. I was held captive by these ruffians for several weeks (which is why it has taken so long to respond), fastened to a big rock, living only on stale bread and water.

Eventually, a masked rogue sneaked into the camp, killing my captors. I never got a chance to thank the rogue; he was gone in a flash.

When I finally returned home, I found that my addiction to mushrooms had been broken!
And to think it only took 5 weeks in captivity to cure me. :roll:

• Sincerely,
    Stale Bread Eater
Dear Stale Bread Eater,

Your story almost brought me to tears, fastened to a rock?? my goodness!! :o and here i was so worried you had passed, hearing no word from you for what felt like an eternity.

I can't help but feel partly responsible for your mischanced capture by the Marauders and your misfortune that followed shortly after, as it was me (Me!!) who directed you into that awful place.

What on earth can I do to make it up to you??

Oh, please dont scare me like that again!

Abby