Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Good news, people with iPod Touch 2Gs and iPhone 3Gs!

Yes, I have some good news!

Apple has made some changes to the App Store, which means that people with older devices (such as the iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G) can now download the last compatible version of Celtic Heroes.

That is, if you do not have Celtic Heroes installed on your device, or you deleted it, you can now download a version of the game and still be able to play. Huzzah!

A word of note: Playing the game on an older device will NOT be the best experience, and because you are downloading an old version of the app some features WILL be missing and there may be some bugs. We can not offer any technical support for players who download an older version of the game. Whilst players on an older version are currently able to connect to the servers, we cannot guarantee that this will be the case forever.
Terms of Service, Policies and Procedures: http://celtic-heroes.com/support/

Re: Good news, people with iPod Touch 2Gs and iPhone 3Gs!

Does iOS still need to be up to date?
No, you do not need the latest version of iOS.

What Apple has done is allow those people with old devices who are running old versions of iOS to be able to download a version of Celtic Heroes which works on their device.

Like I mention in my original post these old versions will have some features missing and may have some bugs, but will allow you to play the game.

Does iOS still need to be up to date?
No, you do not need the latest version of iOS.

What Apple has done is allow those people with old devices who are running old versions of iOS to be able to download a version of Celtic Heroes which works on their device.

Like I mention in my original post these old versions will have some features missing and may have some bugs, but will allow you to play the game.
Bugs may be a problem for you but thats nice to know:)
Jakes Aura
206 - Rogue
Retired and came back - Playing this magnificent game for fun

The issue with the bugs is that we won't be able to fix them if you have an older version of the game, especially if in order to fix the bug we would have to update the app itself.

This is because Apple no longer allow developers to submit apps which support the old devices. Although you can download an old version, we can't make any changes to it.

The issue with the bugs is that we won't be able to fix them if you have an older version of the game, especially if in order to fix the bug we would have to update the app itself.

This is because Apple no longer allow developers to submit apps which support the old devices. Although you can download an old version, we can't make any changes to it.
Does that mean one can download, the update 2 version of the game? Thatd be sick :)
Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Does that mean one can download, the update 2 version of the game? Thatd be sick :)
Unfortunately not, you can only download the last compatible version which for the iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G is 1.0.8.
so if you make a new engine/update, they won't be able to download it and they will stick to that update?
Newton MELINDA theshydiot 133 mage and iCarly lvl 470 ranger
CLAN IDIOTS + THEOU + WHORREISLAND
OU IS LOVE
OU IS LIFE
WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL GOOD THINK ABOUT OU AND THE PROBLEMS DISAPPEAR VERY KUIKLY

DAKOTA mmmm
*** the world I go suiside hhhhh

so if you make a new engine/update, they won't be able to download it and they will stick to that update?
This is how it worked before. People with old devices were/are not able to download the latest version.

However, what has changed is that people who have deleted the game from their device can now download an old version. Before, if you deleted Celtic Heroes from your iPod Touch 2G, you were unable to download the app again.