Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why is there such a large player class discrepancy?

This game is all about balance. It is the need for every class to contribute to bring success to the group as a whole. Each class should be balanced is all areas and OTM should strive to bring about or nurture a balance of classes. I am not saying this is easy, but issues should be addressed to help even out

BUT the numbers tell the truth…

Of 42 players who are level 190 and above here are the stats:
17 Rouge 40%
11 Warrior 26%
7 Mage 17%
6 Ranger 14%
1 Druid 2%

Of 137 players who are level 185 and above here are the stats:
39 Rouge 28%
39 Warrior 28%
28 Mage 20%
24 Ranger 18%
7 Druid 5%

Of 340 players who are level 180 and above here are the stats:
108 Warrior 32%
79 Rouge 23%
65 Ranger 19%
59 Mage 17%
29 Druid 9%

My question is as stated: Why such a large player class discrepancy?

As a clan we currently are giving Dragonlord Armor to Alternate Druids because we have no Mains at high enough level to meet the requirements. Meanwhile Rouges, Warriors, Mages, and Rangers are waiting in long lines to get DL geared.

Is it not time to admit that there is something undesirable in playing a Druid?

Should we all not be concerned with this imbalance?

Every clan is working strategies to take bosses without druids. Or at least take bosses with limited druids. But the reality is every clan needs druids desperately.

I will admit I play a druid as my main, and I am in rare company. I can speak from experience that druids are a very difficult character to play, level, compete. Our biggest and direct competition is OTM. The better druids perform the less pots and idols used. Druids are disliked by OTM because they affect cash flow more than any other class.

It is time to address the problem and find a way to bring more balance to this game!!!

Re: Why is there such a large player class discrepancy?

There is no healing from afar anymore, it's all rangers bolas and someone with aggro running in circles.

Let's not forget how Druids get awarded the kill most the time, how is this achieved while standing back healing?
Which goes back to the flaws of the class. The heals are not high enough to keep up with the healing/tanking method.
Server: Herne
Clan: ResUrgeNs
Class:.......Druid...................Ranger
Character: Superman8977.....Luminous
Level:.......212.....................215

The main reason for this imo is druids have a harder time solo lvling then other classes, such as rogues. Now the problem with giving druids a significant dmg boost to help them solo lvl is that they would then be op compared to other classes, and for that reason (along with several others) makes it very hard to balance out the druid class.

A good solution i think would be to do two things:
-first increase druid armour by 20% (this would also work for mages);
-then give druids two skills, one that when a skill point is added attack spell dmg is increased by 25% and all support spell effectiveness is cut in half (one skill point max) and another skill that does the opposite effects (only one skill could be used at a time). This would give druid the option to specialize in either dps or support, just as mages can, but it would also give them the option to do a 'hybrid' sort of build without overpowing them.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

One of the biggest problems is still energy consumption. Now that healing and buffing puts you into combat mode, druids need 2-3x the amount of sigils vs pre update to be useful. Not a lot of people are willing to spend $300 on plat just for sigils.

Also, it is very difficult to tank new dl bosses so most clans use bolas, negating the need for druids. Before, all bosses could be tanked and killed with 1-4 druids. Support druids were in demand. This is no longer the case and not many druids play a full support role, most go hybrid or full dps now.
Pikel
188 Druid
Rapture Eve
Rhiannon

Guide To Aggy Loot:
http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... =4&t=22212

A good solution i think would be to do two things:
-first increase druid armour by 20% (this would also work for mages);
-then give druids two skills, one that when a skill point is added attack spell dmg is increased by 25% and all support spell effectiveness is cut in half (one skill point max) and another skill that does the opposite effects (only one skill could be used at a time). This would give druid the option to specialize in either dps or support, just as mages can, but it would also give them the option to do a 'hybrid' sort of build without overpowing them.
There are many other games that give healing classes the chance to be DPS as well (for example holy vs shadow priests in WoW). The difference in this game is that CH doesn't use talent trees. This gives druids the chance to heal and DPS at the same time, which is the source of people saying that they would be OP. The game engine at this time does not support talent trees, but the idea above would let OTM approximate that affect.

Another thing that should be done, in my opinion, to make druids a better class is to link certain skills to stats other than focus. For example: make lightning strike linked to strength and drop the energy usage significantly. The concept is to make DPS skills linked to one stat, and support/healing skills linked to another stat. That way druids would need to make a choice between being dps or healers, and it would bring more balance to the class allowing skills to be improved without the fear of making druids OP.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide