Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why is there such a large player class discrepancy?

The bottomline is druids are best as healers.
If you go full heal then you basically have no dps.
So every leveling group you are in you contribute little to no dps.
The result is slower leveling.

Less DPS = Slower kills
Slower kills = less XP

Anyone grouped with a full heal druid will level slower...

Even with bosses now and rage timer.
It is hard enough to have the energy needed to heal.
Adding any DPS only risks not have the energy to save that Rouge.
Rogue you mean. Rouge is a color.
Ph.D. in Broscience
Level 10+ in all classes
Veteran player - playing since 2014
Recruit
50+ in all stats

The bottomline is druids are best as healers.
If you go full heal then you basically have no dps.
So every leveling group you are in you contribute little to no dps.
The result is slower leveling.

Less DPS = Slower kills
Slower kills = less XP

Anyone grouped with a full heal druid will level slower...

Even with bosses now and rage timer.
It is hard enough to have the energy needed to heal.
Adding any DPS only risks not have the energy to save that Rouge.
No healer druids = higher dps
higher dps = faster kills
faster kills = more xp

yay...

Until you realized that you have to wait and heal up
Heal up = no dmg output
no dmg output = no xp income

You meet a friggin badass mob
no healer + badass mob = x_x

Main line, people use the play style that appeals to them, so many people will choose rogues because the prospect of being sneaky, cunning and doing tons of damage is very fun, and people play games to have fun.

Other classes are funny of course, but in their own way, so everyone that plays has slightly different preferences, some like huge armor, some have fun with damage, and other enjoy helping others.

Solo leveling etc can be a definately issue, ESP for druids of course, but I'd same more at levels 50-115 ish, because there will almost always be a group or solo person wanting a healer.

Maybe if they made druids able to have two builds, that they could swap between once every hour. To allow easier access to grouping and soloing
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

I think if they added attunements for druids like one got dps and one for healer, and maybe one for hybrid, i think it might help. And an energy boost for druids would be nice.....

And sence ive seen on this topic alot about solo lvling, i think it'd help to get a couple more dmg skills. Or more mob weakening skills, to make druids have more options then support and dps.

117+ Druid (Main) RedDogy
70+ Ranger
63+ Rogue
World: Morrigan
Clan: Looking for clan. (Old one was dead)
Current: Class Balance is a must!

Don't Judge a book by its cover.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't.

I personally liked to play druid before i hit 120 that is. Before then i could level no problems, i could do decent enough dps, i could keep my energy up enough for elixirs. Then again this was all before then new update.

The new update has tweaked sigils meaning to have any sort of druid you need at least 200 sigils and a full set of energy regen armour. To make yourself a decent druid without any energy problems you're looking up to 400 sigils. To have a solo druid you're looking at 500+ sigils.

I dont know if you realise this but Mages actually give energy! This is OTM's reason for the sudden "fix" with druids combat system. Now as you can see with the OP's statistics, not only Druids but Mages are in decline. So if there aren't any Mages around then the Druids will not be able to maintain their energy. Meaning they'll soon become useless, if they haven't already.

Another "Fix" OTM has put into place is the Energy Regen Elixs. Now i know druids are constantly buying idols, restos, and various items to further their account, personally I'm struggling to make 100k with the expenses now. How do you suppose I buy these elixirs? Plat? Sorry i cannot buy plat, next suggestion. The only other thing that could work is to scam, now I'm lucky to have friends who supply me the items, but not many others have the same help i do.

There are some people that say druids are over-powered, and i do understand where they come from, but as i understand they have become dps because its just as expensive as healing, but you get to be in the action, without calling out for help because you don't have the skills to deal with the mob.

As I see it solo levelling:
Rogues have the highest dps which means most Xp, but also have medium health and armour meaning moderate cost to level.

Warriors have the highest armour and decent dps meaning cheapest levelling

Rangers have average everything meaning the cost on a well setup ranger can be minimal, or on a badly setup ranger moderate cost.

Mages have high energy costs, energy regen skills, and low armour meaning moderate to high cost to level

Druids have decent dps, very high energy cost, low armour, no real energy regen skills, to be a good druid low health meaning they're cost is high to very high to level.

Now i dont say druids need a large buff or other classes need a debuff. All I'm saying is that the druids are obviously unbalanced, any 12 year old cant fund a druid, in fact most people cant fund a druid and the biggest problem is the fact that support skills put you into combat.

Now whilst im here mages could you some help with energy aswell, not all mages are able to support 3 druid, 2 rogues, 3 warriors, 2 ranger and themselves at the same time. They are mainly used with lures on my world simply because it avoids rage, and because we have only 4 mages worth bringing to the higher fights they all have reverted to support builds. Unfortunately, our mages live in similar timezones, making any boss killing very hard in my timezone.

I understand it should be difficult but not this difficult for us casters.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

I think this should change dl item drops so that the more % of whatever class is higher the more crest of that kind drop to balance out drops.
Actually OTM did that for meteoric. I think it was pretty stupid.

It's hard enough to keep druids playing (back then anyway, now they're OP). To make their drops lower percentage was so bad, we had over 8 warriors in full meteoric before we even got a full druid set.

I still am not in favor of class-specific drops. Admin even agreed at one point (http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 9&#p107129).
I'm surprised he forgot about it and went on and continued the same way meteoric and frozen was done. Even when he had a signed petition (http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 45&t=13344) that's 5 pages long and supposedly OTM doesn't ignore these things. :roll:

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Where did you get us being OP from? Sure we can dish out some dmg now, but at high costs. Ice shards and storm touch that do the same damage arent equal since storm is twice as much energy. Also we do have low armor, sure theres shield of bark and sanctuary, but if you're soloing you drop a dps spell leading to the lvling problem. No matter how you put it one fix leads to another problem.

117+ Druid (Main) RedDogy
70+ Ranger
63+ Rogue
World: Morrigan
Clan: Looking for clan. (Old one was dead)
Current: Class Balance is a must!

Don't Judge a book by its cover.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't.

Where did you get us being OP from? Sure we can dish out some dmg now, but at high costs. Ice shards and storm touch that do the same damage arent equal since storm is twice as much energy. Also we do have low armor, sure theres shield of bark and sanctuary, but if you're soloing you drop a dps spell leading to the lvling problem. No matter how you put it one fix leads to another problem.
I know about druid capabilties very well, Avalon has the most powerful druids in Morrigan and besides ranger, theyre the most versatile class in CH. its not easy to level a druid and yes theyre underpowered in the lower levels. But once you get them geared up, they can rival mages and rangers, even rogues in dps. My wife, Ceinwen has no problems solo leveling with 1 or 2 damage spells, while being a healer build. She can even solo the Bloodguard Slayer. Druids with high dex and howling wind dont get hit, so forget bark and sanctuary. She also maxed all her totem/staff/h2h/novelty abilties and I find that most druids underestimate or ignore their melee damage capabilities, but then complain about not doing enough damage when theres a whole facet to them some druids dismiss totally. Sidi is well known in CH to be among the best dps druid out there, and shes still a primary healer in our clan. She consistently gets boss kills over other Avalon dps classes, and thats saying something.

Its true that druids have energy problems and players supplement this with pots and sigils. OTM's solution of Energy Harvest was totally done without thought. It wasnt even in beta so we could give feedback. Nevertheless, druid today remains to be among the OP class, definitely better than rogue or warrior in terms of potential damage output and survivability.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.