Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why is there such a large player class discrepancy?

I guess you could say druids are op if the player has over 2k energy sigils. But who in their right mind has that? :lol:
Eh, the ancient chests allowed non-plat buyers (or those who don't want to buy anymore) to stock up on energy sigils. Just saw one the other day selling 500 energy sigils, so it's not that unusual to have 1k or over anymore

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Where did you get us being OP from? Sure we can dish out some dmg now, but at high costs. Ice shards and storm touch that do the same damage arent equal since storm is twice as much energy. Also we do have low armor, sure theres shield of bark and sanctuary, but if you're soloing you drop a dps spell leading to the lvling problem. No matter how you put it one fix leads to another problem.
I know about druid capabilties very well, Avalon has the most powerful druids in Morrigan and besides ranger, theyre the most versatile class in CH. its not easy to level a druid and yes theyre underpowered in the lower levels. But once you get them geared up, they can rival mages and rangers, even rogues in dps. My wife, Ceinwen has no problems solo leveling with 1 or 2 damage spells, while being a healer build. She can even solo the Bloodguard Slayer. Druids with high dex and howling wind dont get hit, so forget bark and sanctuary. She also maxed all her totem/staff/h2h/novelty abilties and I find that most druids underestimate or ignore their melee damage capabilities, but then complain about not doing enough damage when theres a whole facet to them some druids dismiss totally. Sidi is well known in CH to be among the best dps druid out there, and shes still a primary healer in our clan. She consistently gets boss kills over other Avalon dps classes, and thats saying something.

Its true that druids have energy problems and players supplement this with pots and sigils. OTM's solution of Energy Harvest was totally done without thought. It wasnt even in beta so we could give feedback. Nevertheless, druid today remains to be among the OP class, definitely better than rogue or warrior in terms of potential damage output and survivability.
I totally agree with the most versatile class being Druids. Druids can roots, HW, PvP, Heal or dmg depending on what build they want. Granted they have to reskill and restat for a single mode, Most versatile title still beings to druids.

However on the subject of OP, it is still too early to imprint on Druids. We all are too familiar with mobs and bosses having supposedly insane high defence and supposedly high armour resistance. This has caused too much grief among the melee classes. This however falls back on OTM's decision in making the game mechanics this way. In essence, auto attack and perhaps slash/crush/pierce damage are currently broken which results in overall reduction of potential DPS for melee classes due to Attack and damage reduction.

This does not impact druids who are casters who primarily use skills and are not affected by this equation of problem. Hence, auto attack and melee type damage needs to be rectified first before we can do a fair assessment on whether Druids are OP.
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

As I have authored with the first post.

It is a Fact, that druids level slower.
It is a Fact, that less people play a druid because of a reason.
It is a Fact, that 91% of high level players are not druids.

Mages a year ago were severely under played, OTM did a major overhaul on them and they are ranked 3rd.
The numbers have spoken, players do not like the druid character.
It is time for OTM to stop putting band aids on the problem and fix the druid class.

Does OTM even read these...

#op
Mabon has 7 druids above 150 including myself, 1 is semi active, 2 have quit around update and the last 3 are alts.
Of the 6 between 140-150, 3 quit and 3 are alts.
of the 13 between 130-140, 3-4 are active to semi active and the other 9-10 are alts.

dps wise we're fine, I didn't make a druid to out dps rogues. But we are in need of a decent fix, our energy consumption is crazy and I honestly don't know if id play this level if I didn't have sigils.
It would be interesting to know the amount of players without sigils past 150.

There's nothing to be said that hasn't been posted in dozens of other posts, we dont seem to have the voice on the forum like the other classes just as we don't have the numbers in game.
Elite

As I have authored with the first post.

It is a Fact, that druids level slower.
It is a Fact, that less people play a druid because of a reason.
It is a Fact, that 91% of high level players are not druids.

Mages a year ago were severely under played, OTM did a major overhaul on them and they are ranked 3rd.
The numbers have spoken, players do not like the druid character.
It is time for OTM to stop putting band aids on the problem and fix the druid class.
every game ever created healer class was lowest played class. it is not specific to CH. your attempt at getting attention by asking why more play other classes due to fault is misplaced.
Root Druid LvL 99+

Favorite Offhand - (Essence Blade)
Favorite Ring - (Royal Root)
Favorite Fashion - (Black Sparkle)

Druids being OP I think not
I personally am a dps druid and I love it only 2 ppl on my server out dps me and I'm sure if I trained I could outdps them
But the thing about training is well every1 above 180 solos on my world and well I've tried this solo thing many times and I don't get a single bar per lix and I'm only 180 :/
Now this is not because I lack dps
Its because any true druid knows there damage comes overtime vines and swarm are the reasons we get kills
And the fact tht swarm and vines are our best dps and it takes about 2-3 ticks from it to kill the mob (sometimes less includinglighting and storm touch) sucks because in those 10-15 secounds a rouge can kill 2 mobs and br on there way to the 3rd one and well quiete frankly I'm not about that using double the number of elixers to lvl as any other class that just stupid
So personally I don't plan on leveling until they do something to fix that
Then energy problemsss as ivr said hundredes of timess I'm ok with energy problemss but I mean my swarm cost 916 energy and I have to cast it every 20 secounds plus when ot evades wasted 1k energy that's stupid :/ esepcually when full focus I cantget my energy past 9k tthat's 9 cast of swarm without regen or pots and well I have to cast tht skill like 15 times ish a fightt plus with evadess its justbsooo dumb but ehhh no point complaining people will just tell me not to be a dps druid
Winners train
Losers complain
We do work
Alskar Rosemerta
Supa....Druid 180 (I killed hrun weooo full dragon offhand and wep)
iBenYourBro....rouge 80+