Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The mob lock is really infuriating me now

I feel like the people commenting on this have no understanding on what my point is. Trust me if you have 5 druid with full calm spam casting on you, you will NOT, under any circumstances maintain aggro, it is simply not possible. And to the wise crack who said maybe we shouldn't die, please keep it to constructive comments and not just annoying banter because noone tries to die in the middle of a boss battle.

The simple point of the matter is, way too often target lock causes the group who did the least to help kill the boss to get the spoils. Do you honestly believe that someone who did 5% of the work deserves it over someone who did 95%? Unless you are someone who like stealing drops out from someone who worked for them, i think you will agree. In some cases target lock is right, i think lower levels deserve a chance to kill bosses, but when target lock begins to be used as a tactic to rob people of their drops it needs to be changed. Lower levels complained that some higher levels were hogging all the bosses (and id say at least 75% of lower levels still opt to just buy their quest items instead of work for them) and taking the drops they needed, and now that solution is causing the exact same thing to happen with a different set of people.

Was it right the right time? No. Is it still wrong the second time? Yes.

I really do not understand some people's urge to tip the odds forever in favor of the group doing less. In my experience it is the people who put in the effort that should receive the reward. Simple.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

I do agree that ppl who only deal 5-10% but end up getting the loot sucks but in reality this is target locks fault as it prevents a competitve fighting between two clans. Best example is when two clans are at a boss both start at the same time one group gets the lock would the other group continue to help speed up the figt? Hell no they back off and wait of the first group with the lock wipes its their fault its not the others groups fault for taking the loot at the end because target lock prevents them from fighting it out for top dps. Last update both groups would just fight till the end winner takes it sure their is some regret for losing but at least it was fair. Now the second group will stop with only dealing 5-14% of the actual damage but its not their fault.

It really doesn't matter if one person does 1% of the damage, if the person or group who had the lock wipes out, they deserve nothing, the person or group who do not die deserve everything.
The mob is after all effectively fighting two teams, one wipes, the other takes over.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Hello McFly
Were you even born when back to the future was released?
That is completely irrelevant to the fact on how your arguement is invalid, kapeesh
It's relevant in the fact that you are probably too young to think the situation through properly.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Um...

Its spelled "Capisce."

I mean seriously, you guys need to get target lock on your horrible forum-Italian.

Capisce?

Tea

P.S In this case of forum-Italian, you died and I got last hit, and the kill. I think its fair. :lol:
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)