Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The mob lock is really infuriating me now

#1
Seriously i get really pissed when im maybe 1 skillhit away from killing a boss, im about dead, someone comes, i die and use a ressurection idol and that person gets drop/gold in 1 hit. I mean i put all that effort and wasted my time. This needs to be changed. If you have it over 3/4 and you die, i think you should keep drop, otherwise it would make it easy to steal bosses and especially steal gladiators
https://streamable.com/4gxgz

Re: The mob lock is really infuriating me now

#3
CH45E wrote:Seriously i get really pissed when im maybe 1 skillhit away from killing a boss, im about dead, someone comes, i die and use a ressurection idol and that person gets drop/gold in 1 hit. I mean i put all that effort and wasted my time. This needs to be changed. If you have it over 3/4 and you die, i think you should keep drop, otherwise it would make it easy to steal bosses and especially steal gladiators


Wouldn't the mob have reset if the other person wasn't there hitting it? Either way, it seems to me that you would have lost the kill.
----------
Castiglioni - 180 Druid in Lugh
147 Ranger
Member of Clan Elixir

Re: The mob lock is really infuriating me now

#6
Aaragorn wrote:For some reason thats how target lock works. If you have target lock and die, it seems to almost disregard all damage you have done previously and you lose the lock.

Yes this is correct if the group wipes all damage dealt by the group resets to zero even if the boss doesnt reset this is because they now have to put in another 15% of effort to earn the lock again. This was also made this way to prevent a group from wiping respawning and instantly locking the boss over another group. Imo its fair this way.

Re: The mob lock is really infuriating me now

#7
Yilley wrote:
Aaragorn wrote:For some reason thats how target lock works. If you have target lock and die, it seems to almost disregard all damage you have done previously and you lose the lock.

Yes this is correct if the group wipes all damage dealt by the group resets to zero even if the boss doesnt reset this is because they now have to put in another 15% of effort to earn the lock again. This was also made this way to prevent a group from wiping respawning and instantly locking the boss over another group. Imo its fair this way.


I disagree that it is fair. Lets say you are killing aggy and you have him down to 10% health. You have two groups, tank and healers group, and dps group. Also, a rival clan came past 70% and is dpsing in hopes you will slip up. Maybe aggy keeps dodging the taunts/warcry or the other clan is calming your tank (and sadly it happens) and the tank loses aggro for a short period, but aggy kills your entire dps group. This would give the other clan the lock even though you have not only done the most damage but also tanked the entire boss (and are still tanking it).

It is also unfair to people killing stuff solo. You can have something 90% dead, have someone else come and attack. If you die, they will then get drop. Even though you most likely wouldnt have killed it if they didnt come along that does not, in any way, mean that they should get the entire reward for killing whatever it is.

This feature only prevents from one scenario which wasnt much of a problem to begin with (at least not on the servers i play) and hurts in pretty much all other ways.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Re: The mob lock is really infuriating me now

#8
Aaragorn wrote:
Yilley wrote:
Aaragorn wrote:For some reason thats how target lock works. If you have target lock and die, it seems to almost disregard all damage you have done previously and you lose the lock.

Yes this is correct if the group wipes all damage dealt by the group resets to zero even if the boss doesnt reset this is because they now have to put in another 15% of effort to earn the lock again. This was also made this way to prevent a group from wiping respawning and instantly locking the boss over another group. Imo its fair this way.


I disagree that it is fair. Lets say you are killing aggy and you have him down to 10% health. You have two groups, tank and healers group, and dps group. Also, a rival clan came past 70% and is dpsing in hopes you will slip up. Maybe aggy keeps dodging the taunts/warcry or the other clan is calming your tank (and sadly it happens) and the tank loses aggro for a short period, but aggy kills your entire dps group. This would give the other clan the lock even though you have not only done the most damage but also tanked the entire boss (and are still tanking it).

It is also unfair to people killing stuff solo. You can have something 90% dead, have someone else come and attack. If you die, they will then get drop. Even though you most likely wouldnt have killed it if they didnt come along that does not, in any way, mean that they should get the entire reward for killing whatever it is.

This feature only prevents from one scenario which wasnt much of a problem to begin with (at least not on the servers i play) and hurts in pretty much all other ways.

I'm no stranger to griefing trust me and the chance ur entire dps team wipes is slim ik this from experience having several druids calming me im still able to hold agro with taunt on bosses i tank heads up. Now remember the logic behind this is that if ur group wipes u should have to earn the lock again and the only way OTM could do this is to wipe ur damage if u wipe. So in this way its fair if ur dps group wipe while u have the lock its doing its job by removing ur agro.

Re: The mob lock is really infuriating me now

#10
I only bothered to read the OP.

Basically,

You died, therefore you deserve NOTHING.

Why would you think you deserve anything else?????
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zkills and 17 guests