Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Still 10 exilars per level?

You guys are all acting like you have to spend real money for plat items. I've bought the vast majority of mine via gold and gold is much easier to obtain now. If you don't have the means or desire to support the game through platinum purchases, get a couple of buddies together and go bossing for gold. In an hour you can get easily enough money for an hour of elixirs and then you can go level to your heart's content. The new chieftains are incredibly easy to kill and drop a good chunk of gold as well.
Darteos -- Level 191 Mage -- Crom -- General of Seed
Synergy -- Level 93 Druid -- Arawn -- Clansman of BadaBing

I'm confused and maybe I mis-read your posts and if so I apologize, but I thought your main gripe was the amount of elixirs required to level and the real money it costs to level up. My point to counter that is that elixirs don't have to be bought with platinum and with the rate at which gold drops now, they can easily be obtained through gold.

If your concern is really about the sheer time it takes to level then part of me understands but part of me also thinks it's not such a bad thing. We all want instant gratification as humans by nature but things become truly appreciated when time and energy is put into them. In the case of the game, if we were all able to level up to 190 quickly then One Thumb could NEVER keep up with the demand from their customer base for new content. They just doubled the size of the world, introduced several new bosses, improved quests for warden armor and so much more and I think we should all take a step back and appreciate the hard work that went into that.

If you still aren't happy that is obviously completely fine, all of us are driven by different desires of gameplay. But I don't think it's fair to say One Thumb ruined the game and that it's impossible to level without spending real life money because it's completely untrue.
Darteos -- Level 191 Mage -- Crom -- General of Seed
Synergy -- Level 93 Druid -- Arawn -- Clansman of BadaBing

My issue is the sheer amount of time it will take everyone to level, and after this update, non plat buyers will be nowhere near the levels that plat buyers will be.
The previous three updates made it easy for a non buyer to get close enough to the plat buyers to be useful and have fun, this update there will be an astronomical gap which will render them effectively useless.
This divide is basically unacceptable.

The previous three updates had obvious gaps between the different types of players, this update is different. As seen below.
OK, here arfe my issues with the current leveling system.
Throughout this game, from update 1, there have been 4 groups of levels.

UPDATE 1:

Casual gamer: level 30
Dedicated gamer: level 40
Plat buyer: level 50
Elite plat buyer: level 60

UPDATE 2:

Casual gamer: level 70
Dedicated gamer: level 80
Plat buyer: level 90
Elite plat buyer: level 100

UPDATE 3:

Casual gamer: level 130
Dedicated gamer: level 140
Plat buyer: level 150
Elite plat buyer: level 160

UPDATE 4: (Should be)

Casual gamer: level 160
Dedicated gamer: level 170
Plat buyer: level 180
Elite plat buyer: level 190

As it is now, a casual gamer will take approximately 80 hours of fighting time to hit level 160 and that to me is unacceptable!

I have no issues with people that want to spend all their time trying to hit the highs that are possible, but who would want to play for that long just to be of an average level.
And dont forget that without the level 160's about the new bosses simply wont be killed!

Remember, this is just mine and some others opinion.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Basically they needed to do the same as the previous updates. Maks the xp per level different.

Easy up until 160, 4 lix per level.
Medium up until 170, 7 lix per level.
Hard up until 180, 10 lix per level.
Impossible up until 190, 20 lix per level.
That way everyone could level to new content and enjoy it but proper grinders reach the skies. Just like the last 3 updates.

A new starter is going to figure this out and never bother playing. No noobs, no future funding.

I wall also add that most of the "grinding kings" are fed up with the sheer amount of effort needed just to even get to the new content.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior

General of PRIME

Basically they needed to do the same as the previous updates. Maks the xp per level different.

That way everyone could level to new content and enjoy it but proper grinders reach the skies. Just like the last 3 updates.

A new starter is going to figure this out and never bother playing. No noobs, no future funding.

I wall also add that most of the "grinding kings" are fed up with the sheer amount of effort needed just to even get to the new content.
This is an excellent idea and the I sincerely hope the devs will take this suggestion to heart. There NEEDS to be a change. We have 2-3 members in our clan that have considered quitting because of the current required amount of time and money it takes to level just ONE time. (One of them has actually already gone and isn't coming back :( )

OTM please listen to these ideas (the ones that make the game more enjoyable to the majority, not the ones catering to the gluttons for punishment) that are being put forward.
World: Mabon

Rogue 164
Druid 74
Ranger 130
Warrior 94
Mage 88

I agree with Donko, this is much more sensible. I hope the devs look at this.

takes me roughly 13 lixes per level even with my gloves n haste pots which it now seems it cant be stacked anymore
Heroic gloves and haste pots never stacked...
They used too...
They never did, sorry.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior

General of PRIME

Please read Donkos suggestion to change the leveling system. It is very fair and sensible. Giving all players the possibility of experiencing all the content not just the top clans and highly experienced players. I kind of like the term RPG geniuses, it fits the description of a lot of people on forums and in top clans. In my expierience you won't get into the top clan unless your intelligent or related to someone already in the clan lol but besides all that this game needs to make endgame reachable to people that are willing to go for it.
World: Mabon

Rogue 164
Druid 74
Ranger 130
Warrior 94
Mage 88