Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What do you classify the noobs who never level as?

They're people who find the game too frustrating to play, to ever take it seriously. "I have better things to do." Etc. The ones that have been playing for over 6 months and are only level 60 are actually nicer than some who leveled to 100 in 2 weeks.

I predict they'll start to level more once recuperate/meditate work in combat. The game will be less frustrating then. :D
"We don't agree because our experience brings us to opposing views. That's life. At the end of the day there's no reason to go against how you see it. The choice is yours."

I would classify myself as one of those but higher lvl, ive been lvl 122 for about 3-4months now (despite what my sig says) and i absolutely hate lvling. I dont see the point in lvling as a druid to lvl 150 with the current gear and skill point max. I can heal 30 points less than someone who is lvl 149 but it aint worth the extra 40hours lvling imo.

When update goes live ill buy myself full new lux and armor before i even think about levelling
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Veteran CH Player, playing since December 2011.
Proud owner of a white coven

Proud Member of Aeon
"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"
There is no sweet fruit for CH...

Well first I always try to use the industry standard definitions and not invent terms.

http://mmoterms.com/full-mmorpg-terms-glossary
Alt: Short for “alternate”. It refers to the alternate character a player has from their main character. This is not a stable category as sometimes alts can out level mains and sometimes mains become moth-balled.

Newbie: A new player to a particular game. Newbie is usually the nicer version of noob or nub

Noob: The pejorative form of newbie.
I really don't like calling someone a noob unless their behavior suggests they have no clue what they are doing. So a newb to CH may not be a noob. Some people never stop being noobs because of how they play. (These are the guys you are never let into/get kicked from better clans.)

The word Main suggests a toon that is played often. IMHO if you are willing to take a toon through the grind phase of the game that qualifies as a main. I know people who play enough that they have 5 mains.

For the lower or mid level toon I just prefer "Alt" because it suggests a toon that is not played as often. I know people with no main and a few alts. Some people would accuse me of only having alts.

So for what we are discussing I would suggest we just call them "alts" or if you want to be more clear, "mid alt" or "low alt". Newb would also work but it assumes that the low level means the toon hasn't been around very long.

A nice test is to use the terms in a sentence and see what impression it gives you.
"The castle is full of alts today." It suggests ... the castle is full of toons with names you don't recognize or mid levels.
"The castle is full of newbs today." It suggests ... the castle is full of lower levels.
"The castle is full of noobs today." It suggests ... the castle is full of clueless idiots.

Personally I really like the quest line up until Tam Lin and then I loose interest. Thus I have a lot of low and mid alts. I only have one toon I consider a Main because my Mage is the only one I have taken the time to grind over 120.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

I've seen a lot of people go stagnant and quit around lvls 60 through 70 because that is simply where the quest line stops.

Part of my problem is that I started too many characters. If I stuck to one I'd be much further along. As a result I forced myself to choose one and not work on any of the others from here on out, so druid it is!

Druid is probably not the most efficient class to level for someone like me who never really has any downtime like I used to given how slow it is to level. I'm also not as aggressive as others to offer my healing services because I don't want to be perceived as a leech. Besides, a lot of people use two devices and get their druid needs which makes a player like me less relevant. As a result I'm super casual but someday I'll progress beyond OW...;) A couple of years ago I definitely used to hate on people like me who never level, in other games at least. I suffer from MMO OCD. If I don't have the time for progression and perfection, frustration and stagnation kicks in...Like it's all or not at all...heh
Arawn