Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server Wide Auction House now available 1442 TOTAL MEMBERS!

The AH has 1442 Total members!
Hey friends! Hey so today I was on this free app called "Groupie" that my clan (Rapture Eve) uses to call out bosses and also just random clan stuff. It's a great way to stay in touch! Anyways I was thinking... How amazing would this work as an auction house for each world. And so... I got off my lazy butt and I did it. Here you guys go! Please follow the instructions so everyone can have the best experience possible.

Testimonials!
Completed several trades on the belenus groupie. It's been awesome, everyone communicates very fast because of the notifications when someone posts. Very happy :).
Ive sold a few things, this is great cause im not one to stand in the castle and shout im selling or buying something. Would be great if everyone in each world would join so we could get a great economy going in worlds.

Step 1- download the free app called "Groupie" on the app store.

Step 2- Create a free account

Step 3- Join the group of your world by entering in the groupie ID number located below. Or just type in Celtic Heroes on the search bar (magnifying glass) and join all of the worlds to gain the most knowledge about the different economies within different worlds.

INSTRUCTIONS

1- when joining a world group auction house make sure to join with "both" ( you will know what I'm talking about)

2- when posting an item for sale make sure you post a picture with you post OR IT WILL BE DELETED.

3- when posting that your buying an item please be as descriptive as possible.

4- tell all your friends to join the groupie auction house because it's worlds success counts on you!
If your world doesnt do a good job then other worlds could have a much more successful system and would draw players to that world.

5- Listen to ALL world house auction Moderators or you will be kicked and banned.

6- Show respect to all Groupie members.

7- Look below for your world and enter that Groupie ID on the app groupie.
(ask if you have questions)

Watch this video to get a step by step walk through from me on how the Auction House works!(link is below)
http://youtu.be/GRZJn3dpp3Q

Watch a video review on the Auction House after 3 days of being open!
( link is below)

http://youtu.be/G5SybFN_z8M

The Pro's of Joining in the Auction Houses

- The best part about the auction houses is that you don't have to wait around in the castle courtyard anymore. You can just take a SS and post the item for sale on your worlds Auction house. You can also post that your buying a certain item. let the auction house work for you while you train and do more important things!

- Whenever someone is interested in buying, selling or trading with you they can message you instantly and you will get a notification that someone is interested in post. So you don't have to wait once you find a buyer or seller.
Or you can always coordinate a time to meet in game to do the transaction.

- Worried that your not pricing an item correctly? Well all you have to do is stay active on the world auction houses and you will see all the items and you can see how much people are buying and selling the items for, so you can then better know how much the item is worth. This way you don't lose any money and you know if your getting a good deal if you sell it for above the average price.

- Learn about all the differ world economies and see the different prices

- Get Merchanting advice from the Pros!

- Put in an order that your buying something in the morning and by the afternoon you could have it!

- The auction house is FREE to join

- The Auction House is a consolidated and safe way to find people to buy, sell, and trade with.

- Join it even if you don't use it so you can know what all the prices are for all the different items.

- Meet cool new people from different servers. ( somone joined from CH who lives like 30 minutes from me.. So you never know who you could meet)

- See items you have never seen before (I saw some items today that I have never seen in the two years I have been playing)

- Joining the Auction House is the easiest thing in the world. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

This was a responce to the "Pros". The forum user said that I should have a "cons" part if I have a "pros" part
I thought it was a good idea to have cons as well.. I just can't think of any legitimate cons about this idea at the moment. I'll edit this if I can think of something negative about the Auction Houses.

These are the concerns of the user and my responses to them are in blue

-Breaks game immersion.
No it doesn't because it's like Craigslist. When you get a craigslist email you don't stop washing the dishes to respond. You finish the dishes. (fighting the boss or getting the level)
When someone hits you up about your post then you have the option to respond to them whenever you want. It is simply just a notification on your mobile device letting you know that someone is interested and you can get back to them at your convenience.
You can also log off immediately to respond and try and do the transaction ASAP or you can use your second device to check (like me)

-Requires a majority of the community to participate to be most effective, I estimate less than 1% of players use forums. I would expect about the same use rate with this.
I estimate 10% use the forums ( I've been on the forums for 2 years.. I'm pretty sure it's close to 10%) I knew that it would be very hard to get people to catch on before I started this. But then again it was hard to get 1200 clan members.
Anyways. At the current rate of people joining I think we will have a few hundred people per world auction within the next month. I started the auction yesterday and there are already there are 100 members collectively throughout the server auction houses.
I made a promotional YouTube video featuring the new auction system and describe how it works and have a link in the description leading people to this topic to help keep it alive on the forums.
I had posted in every world but apparently community doesn't want me doing that. :(

-Cross server relationships in market trends will be innacurate due to differences in current economy as well as some other factors... attempting to normalize them in relation to each other will cause more problems then worth.
I think this is a legitimate con.
However I don't think that it will be too much of a problem. I've actually noticed a lot of people get their prices from other worlds from different world posts.. Like.. Someone will post.. How much is full radiant worth? Or whatever.. And then they will get an answer like 3 mill and they will keep that number as truth.. So In a sense people are already getting prices from other servers and it's not messing things up. I honestly don't think this would have a noticeable effect on any server.

-Screen shotting everything I want to sell is rediculous.
I agree. However I had a long discussion about this in order to decide if we where going to enforce pictures or not. I was going to keep the reasons secret but I guess I'll share them.. It's not a big deal.
My logic is this: A picture is worthy thousand words. Pictures give the auction houses a very professional look and it's super super super easy to upload a picture with your post.
All you have to do is takes quick SS of everything you want to sell before posting.
You dont have to post pictures when buying stuff.
I did a test run to see what it looked like with pictures and without... It was a night and day difference.
Once you get in the habit of posting pictures it will be like second nature

All I'm saying is, I want the real thing. Not another message board. I can post in forums and subscribe to topic and get an email if I needed notification.
I want the real thing too :(
This was the best i could do given my resources and knowledge.
I'm trying my best to make this an easy place for people to go in order to spend less time buying and selling and more time training and leveling.
There have been many auction houses on apps and websites and such... But the BIG difference with this idea is that it's 1 app with all of the server Auction houses consolidated within 1 area.
Also the system is very very simple to get started using and it's safe.

Last edited by Infinity on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Re: World Auctions Now Available!!!

Thanks man :P I hope everyone in Arawn gets this app so we can have an effective system. I will re-post this to the Arawn forum (under your name of course) if you don't mind.
Already done but thanks you!
Hey you know what would really help it out though... Could you try and keep your worlds post bumped?
Also tell your friends and clan about it.. Tell anyone and everyone on your world when you see them selling.. Then tell other people to tell people about it! Hahaha.. Thanks a bunch man!

Re: World Auctions Now Available!!!

Thanks man :P I hope everyone in Arawn gets this app so we can have an effective system. I will re-post this to the Arawn forum (under your name of course) if you don't mind.
Already done but thanks you!
Hey you know what would really help it out though... Could you try and keep your worlds post bumped?
Also tell your friends and clan about it.. Tell anyone and everyone on your world when you see them selling.. Then tell other people to tell people about it! Hahaha.. Thanks a bunch man!
Sure thing ;)
MaxTheSuper
xx Warrior Tank xx
xx Clan Uskoci xx
xx Full Warden thanks to: Bourne, the clan bank, and most of all Bellatrix/Taglia xx