Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#11
Please share what are the specific things about Celtic Heroes Version 3 (the one that is live right now) that have made you think of quitting the game.


Please don't digress from the original topic. This is not a discussion about how many people were accepted into Beta. This thread will be locked and users warned if this stays off-topic. :)
Image


Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff | Have I Moderated Unfairly? Any Questions?

Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#12
Voldemort wrote:
Please share what are the specific things about Celtic Heroes Version 3 (the one that is live right now) that have made you think of quitting the game.


Please don't digress from the original topic. This is not a discussion about how many people were accepted into Beta. This thread will be locked and users warned if this stays off-topic. :)


Don't worry this did happen in update 3.
As update 4 isn't up yet.
Nice try.

To help further prove my point I shall say this 6 months ago admin would of responded to any post asking for his response but now he is rarely seen writing anything on the forums.
So the lack of communication especially when it comes to the blatant over powered clan in beta from the same world that is going to shape the future of our game let all of the gang attacks I've suffered the past week have dramatically swayed my feelings for OTM.
1 thing has stayed the same the whole time during this war and thats I've been shouting I'm getting harassed and they are using their numbers in beta to their own advantage while they just send me negative post after negative post.
I have yet to write a support ticket on the matter but when I do if nothing is done then I'll be done with this rinkie dink game.
Last edited by HoenheimOfLight on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image

This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#15
Voldemort wrote:Update 4's beta is not update 3. The beta is not live right now, as Papi stated. Please PM me if you have an issue. :)


Once again this is update 3 it doesn't matter if beta 4 is going on its running while update 3 is live and this is what has currently made me want to quit in live game.

I have no issues and have no reason to explain myself further in a PM, if you want me to write a page about how beta that is going on during update 3 is related to me wanting to quit live during update 3 how about YOU PM me?
But chances are you're on team Avalon's side to, way to go champ.
Image

This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#16
What made me quit (or go inactive until maybe update) may be several things:

-lack of questing (xp type), quests up to shalemont are great, they give you good exp (although shalemont quests could use some type of gear rewards like lesser ancient) they don't give all the xp you need to follow them though, so its a nice mix of grinding and questing. But once you start stonevale and help that man regen his memory it becomes nearly %100 grinding.

-difficulty/slowness of gathering quests. I.E. crest imbalance on Rhiannon, at one point warriors and druids would have bear crests waiting in clan bank for them to get chest armor right when they hit 120. Rogues on the other hand would have to wait till 145+ while camping stonelord non-stop.

Maybe next time different colors of crests etc can drop from different bosses. So if a clan is only short on ranger armor, they only need to camp the ranger boss
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#17
hatoyo wrote:What made me quit (or go inactive until maybe update) may be several things:

-lack of questing (xp type), quests up to shalemont are great, they give you good exp (although shalemont quests could use some type of gear rewards like lesser ancient) they don't give all the xp you need to follow them though, so its a nice mix of grinding and questing. But once you start stonevale and help that man regen his memory it becomes nearly %100 grinding.

-difficulty/slowness of gathering quests. I.E. crest imbalance on Rhiannon, at one point warriors and druids would have bear crests waiting in clan bank for them to get chest armor right when they hit 120. Rogues on the other hand would have to wait till 145+ while camping stonelord non-stop.

Maybe next time different colors of crests etc can drop from different bosses. So if a clan is only short on ranger armor, they only need to camp the ranger boss


There's other reasons too such as broken skills etc, but they have been told plenty of times
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#18
(Item #1) Lack of Daily Quests
If it was not for the daily quests I would have quit a while ago. It would increase the value of the game if there were more daily quests. ;)
Once I finish daily's on my three level 150 toons I log off because there really is not much to do. Killing rats, waiting for Ragnor, and killing for berries is getting boring. Quest's like Drummond's needs to be updated for higher levels. Create something that takes more that five minutes to complete. Have things you have to kill spread all over Otherworld and other places that might take you a good part of an hour. You could have a NPC that gives random lists of items he needs and if you collect these items you receive a reward that is consumable.


(item #2) Lack of Boss Opportunities
Camping bosses is total boredom, and may be the item that makes me want to quit the most, but it seems to be the only way to get what you need.
Larger clans seem to find and take more bosses more often just because they have more toons running round.
Currently when you have a quest that needs a boss you get a marker on your map when it spawns, but if you need a bear crest from Stonelord you don't get a marker. It would help smaller clans to see bosses if markers went up on toons who need drops from those bosses.


(item #3) Large Clan Domination
I like the bridge of death to Chained King, but it is a little unfair to toons without camo. Having to fight your way to get to a boss is a great idea, but it is defeated by fast brooms and camo. If a boss was located behind a series of mobs that were unavoidable, it would force members to group just to get to the boss. For example: if you have a series of mobs that had to be killed in order to get to the main boss and if the mobs would re-spawn quickly preventing other clans from rushing in. I realize that ksing is going to become more of a non-issue with target lock coming, but large clans still dominate because they can get more player to a boss faster. Clan domination is very frustrating, unless of coarse you are in that clan.


(item #4) Large Clan Hording
This is related to items #3, but currently Aggy is horded by one or two clans in each world. Everyone has toons parked at Aggy waiting for a notification that he has spawned. Other clans have little to no chance to even attempt Aggragoth. A semi-fix to this is to have Aggy spawn with another boss in a different part of the game. Having two bosses spawn at the same time will make it harder for one clan to hoard. It gets defeating and makes you want to quit if end game bosses are out of your reach. I personally would rather quit the game than join our dominate clan in our world.


(item #5) Lack of Rewards
Worthless Drops makes me want to quit or having no chance to anything of value. Ymir was fun, and actually still is, but his drops are crap. I mean how stupid is a two handed totem? Blackstone is the same. We have two fun challenging bosses that sit waiting to be killed but no clan does because there is no chance for a good drop, so they sit untouched. This is a waste of fun. There needs to be a few rare drops worked into both Ymir and Blackstone. This would add more things to do.


(Item #6) Crap Skills
Every class seems to have only a few dominate skills. This reduces the amount of variety between toons and increases the demand for just a few items. For example, our bank never receives any Protective Stance rings, every warrior wants them and there is few to be had. But we have at least two dozen Frenzy rings in the bank. Nobody wants them. With fewer skills desired it creates more crap drops from bosses and this gets very frustrating. I have played my level 148 warrior for over a year and have never seen one protective stance ring... very frustrating and discouraging... makes you want to give up and quit! It would be interesting for CH to look at points used for each class skill. Then if a skill is not being used, fix it, buff it, or trash it!!! Royal Ring of Calm... what a piece of crap, or Spring of Life, just to name a few of the many. If current crap skills were adjusted to create more value we would see the game have more diversity and more fun. Take Calm for example, why not double its effectiveness? Make it a skill every druid would want to have. Each class have a few skills that are rarely used or desired... fix them or trash them for new ones.


Hope you enjoyed some popcorn with this, but ya, there are a lot of things that make me want to quit.
Last edited by Perl on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World - Rhiannon - InnerCircle
Perless,227 Druid - PerlDagger,223 Rogue - PerlWizard,221 Mage
Image

EQUAL ENERGY COST FOR EQUAL DAMAGE!

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#19
This hasn't made me want to quit, but it sure is annoying- the fact that many people on these forums can't seem to get along. I'm not sure what all the arguments are about, but it sure would be nice if people would just make a compromise or agree to disagree. And it would be great if people here could settle things in a civilized manner like adults.
I know we all have a common goal: to make this game and update 4 be best it can be. So please just compromise and work together!
Gwydion
Neora,199 Ranger
Neorae, 146 Druid
Lumin, 101 Warrior
Neore, 110 Mage

Re: Things that make me want to quit

#20
Neo wrote:This hasn't made me want to quit, but it sure is annoying- the fact that many people on these forums can't seem to get along. I'm not sure what all the arguments are about, but it sure would be nice if people would just make a compromise or agree to disagree. And it would be great if people here could settle things in a civilized manner like adults.
I know we all have a common goal: to make this game and update 4 be best it can be. So please just compromise and work together!

Amen to that.
Image


Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff | Have I Moderated Unfairly? Any Questions?

Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests