Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Shouldn't Rangers Have Better Armor Than Rogues?

A ranged class should have the lowest armor. From highest to lowest it should be Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Ranger, Mage.
Lol seriously?

Tell me one mage thats solo that attacks from range?
Druids can root and ranger can bola.
The correct way should be this, warrior, rouge, mage, druid (because for storms touch you must be touching the mob to hit so no range is there) and then ranger
Why would a RANGEr be 4th for RANGE combat?
Mages can freeze just as much as druids can root rouges ate the only class tht cant stop a enemy and take a step back (sheild bash roots freeze bolas)
Winners train
Losers complain
We do work
Alskar Rosemerta
Supa....Druid 180 (I killed hrun weooo full dragon offhand and wep)
iBenYourBro....rouge 80+

Mages effectively have better survivability because of e-shield. They wear robes, so you don't expect that to provide a big armor bonus. Rangers typically will wear leather which is stronger than cloth robes, but still pretty weak. Rogues I feel should have a leather/plated mix since they are always using melee and getting wiped by boss AOE. Not really confident about where I would put druids into this mix. It depends on the direction of the game and if they will be offered a monk-type path where they can have the option to be a decent tank as some other games give them. Right now I feel druids are a bit too linear.

Mages effectively have better survivability because of e-shield. They wear robes, so you don't expect that to provide a big armor bonus. Rangers typically will wear leather which is stronger than cloth robes, but still pretty weak. Rogues I feel should have a leather/plated mix since they are always using melee and getting wiped by boss AOE. Not really confident about where I would put druids into this mix. It depends on the direction of the game and if they will be offered a monk-type path where they can have the option to be a decent tank as some other games give them. Right now I feel druids are a bit too linear.
I agree here (unless rogues return to super OP dps like update 1-2, they they should have mage type armor)
heres how what im thinking of kinda when you say leather plate mix
maybe a chain-leather mix aswell
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

I agree here (unless rogues return to super OP dps like update 1-2, they they should have mage type armor)
heres how what im thinking of kinda when you say leather plate mix
maybe a chain-leather mix aswell
Yea that's exactly what i'm thinking, good image. No rogue likes to be killed so much because they have to be right on the boss getting hit by AOE. Rangers and mages can hit the boss ranged and for soloing they can use bolas, e-shield, freeze. Rogues need an armor boost to help balance this out a bit. They definitely don't need to be OP DPS like in previous updates. They should be the best DPS in the game, which IS NOT the case now as you see imsu's post as to how a high level mage can blow a high level rogue out of the water in terms of DPS once they get the right gear. So right now rogue is really not the best at anything, even DPS. The class needs to be looked at an not just in the DPS department as everyone is talking about.

That's a fairly good representation of rogue armor but it needs to be a bit more black and stealthy. Naturally rogues would have almost no armor but kill their enemies before they knew they were being attacked but people seem to hate ( so called OP rogues ) plus it would make boss fights impossible. A bit more armor would be best or ROGUES COULD FINALLY GET A THROWING KNIFE SKILL so we can just attack from the safty of the shadows and not worry about dealing with bosses rediculouse powered attackes.

Everyone here knows as much as I do that rangers and AoE aren't working like they are suppose to. Rangers have to get close enough to target to re-bolas that the targets AoS spell reaches the RANGEr. So with that said, if rogues were to get better armor than rogues ( which is a huge -1 from me) then rangers should get a skill that allows them to attack an cast from a farther range to where AoE spells no longer affect or reach them.