Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The issue with idols

#61
All multiplayer games involve competition. Unless it only offers co-op play, which isn't really a true MMO.

I don't think there's an ulterior motive to keep the status quo. The top clans who can sustain farming bosses without blowing loads of cash every time they kill a boss will always win in the end. The main issue, for most of us anyway, is that it reduces the appeal and value of items we, as a clan, worked hard for when other players can just buy them with idols. We all end up in the same gear so where's the prestige in obtaining the best items then? If a rich clan can equip all their members with frozen gear because they are willing to idol zerg all the bosses then it devalues frozen gear.

I remember last year one clan idol killed Winter King for 2 hours just to get Winter King weapons. It was a big deal then having a WK weapon because it meant were able to defeat a level 100 boss which only a few could do. But since level 70s got them too, it made them less special.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: The issue with idols

#62
Aileron wrote:All multiplayer games involve competition. Unless it only offers co-op play, which isn't really a true MMO.

I don't think there's an ulterior motive to keep the status quo. The top clans who can sustain farming bosses without blowing loads of cash every time they kill a boss will always win in the end. The main issue, for most of us anyway, is that it reduces the appeal and value of items we, as a clan, worked hard for when other players can just buy them with idols. We all end up in the same gear so where's the prestige in obtaining the best items then? If a rich clan can equip all their members with frozen gear because they are willing to idol zerg all the bosses then it devalues frozen gear.

I remember last year one clan idol killed Winter King for 2 hours just to get Winter King weapons. It was a big deal then having a WK weapon because it meant were able to defeat a level 100 boss which only a few could do. But since level 70s got them too, it made them less special.


I may be loosing something in traslation , but thats exactly keeping your Status Quo, main reason behind your argument was to make it challenge , not is clearly to make it exclusive to the ones already able to obtain and monopolize them, to limit other players to have it. Finnally the truth.

So are you telling for player to obtain frozen got be part of your clan ? Wow or buy it from you if you guys sell upgrades ..... So while common pratice of top clans is to bribe players in join their clan to obtain this goodies.... Beheading emerging clans ...
Inactive player .

En este juego , mientras tanto otros juegos se llevan mi plata.

Re: The issue with idols

#63
What I meant is that the top clans will always be able to kill bosses with or without changing the idol timer. These clans will always edge out idol zergers in the end and would continue to be on top regardless. But as I have been saying, MMO games are a competition. It's like a 100 meter race, what kind I'd competition is it if every runner gets a gold medal?

I'm not saying you have to be in my clan to get frozen. Where did I say that? But developing your clan rather than using cash should be the path taken by players. A few clans besides ours in Morrigan have obtained frozen, yes some took awhile but at least some didnt do it the cheesy way.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: The issue with idols

#64
Aileron wrote:What I meant is that the top clans will always be able to kill bosses with or without changing the idol timer. These clans will always edge out idol zergers in the end and would continue to be on top regardless. But as I have been saying, MMO games are a competition. It's like a 100 meter race, what kind I'd competition is it if every runner gets a gold medal?

I'm not saying you have to be in my clan to get frozen. Where did I say that? But developing your clan rather than using cash should be the path taken by players. A few clans besides ours in Morrigan have obtained frozen, yes some took awhile but at least some didnt do it the cheesy way.



So if your clan is 100 meter ahead you will go back and break the legs of the other clan the ways he can never reach you ? Y will even bother to log back and just win.
So were is the competition in that ? You want a monopoly?
Inactive player .

En este juego , mientras tanto otros juegos se llevan mi plata.

Re: The issue with idols

#65
No fromen, the clan behind us should level up and make their clan stronger so that they don't need to buy bosses.

I also think you mis interpreted the post, this is not about aggragoth it is about EVERY boss
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Re: The issue with idols

#66
pigman wrote:No fromen, the clan behind us should level up and make their clan stronger so that they don't need to buy bosses.

I also think you mis interpreted the post, this is not about aggragoth it is about EVERY boss



Do you know how ios freemiun game works , have you play another ios game base on freemiun model, believe idoling a boss is nothing to compare what playing with your credit card will get you in another games.

There we go again so a group of 8 players 145 to 150 should not kill a boss if they dont have 2 druids, they should leave the boss there for another clan to kill who is not online and is not scouting just because 2 druids are not online ...... Yeah make sense .

So its ok to used haste, attack , combo elixirs to kill something but is wrong to used idols .
Inactive player .

En este juego , mientras tanto otros juegos se llevan mi plata.

Re: The issue with idols

#67
Yeah I think that is accurate, using plat to stay alive and using plat to revive because you die are completely different. The using plat to stay alive is a strategy, using play because you die is indication of a badly balanced group and that you shouldn't be taking the boss...

Remember what I said though, this is not really an issue IN LIVE GAME right now.

This thread is looking at target lock because the only way to lose a lock is to wipe, but wiping will not happen without alteration of idols. Wiping as part of normal gameplay will be a necessity for target lock to be a success and not a total botch of the game
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Re: The issue with idols

#68
pigman wrote:Yeah I think that is accurate, using plat to stay alive and using plat to revive because you die are completely different. The using plat to stay alive is a strategy, using play because you die is indication of a badly balanced group and that you shouldn't be taking the boss...

Remember what I said though, this is not really an issue IN LIVE GAME right now.

This thread is looking at target lock because the only way to lose a lock is to wipe, but wiping will not happen without alteration of idols. Wiping as part of normal gameplay will be a necessity for target lock to be a success and not a total botch of the game


So if they were 2000 health restore or even 5000 like piranus potion you will aggre for player to using them like crazy and stay alive .....

I doubt it then you will have issue too cause you will said the same buying a boss.
Last edited by Fromen on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inactive player .

En este juego , mientras tanto otros juegos se llevan mi plata.

Re: The issue with idols

#69
pigman wrote:only time we use idols now is FFA fights, or learning bosses like Ymir first couple times but we always prefer to abort and rethink than go idol fest

And radiant armour is suicide on aoe bosses

I have 900 damage 2.8k hp on pig in frozen armour


Well you waited around for your balanced group there !! For no idols usage

How about we put an idols nerf on dps gear ( radient ) cause then that would make u think twice about trying to ks ? A balanced group of warriors and druids??

Its all very hypocritical your post your class ( including rangers)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buff and 11 guests