Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Noobs, Future Target Lock, High Lvls Quitting And Reality

I know OTM can't take the time to read long meaningful post so I'll try to make it sort and sweet but when trying to give an actual current state of the game and what the future holds for us state of address it can take some words, forgive me.

First off, Noobs...
Any person entering a game that is a year old will eternally be behind.
With that said, all new toons to the game within a 6 months time I will guarantee 90% of the ones who have meteoric anything at lvl 80 or lower bought the rems and tabs for their gear.
Of that 90%, 100% of them did not continuously kill the bosses over and over until they had the sufficient rems and tabs.
Now is it because the higher lvls are taking all the MOBS from the lower lvls?
In some cases, yes...BUT! I said lvl 80's or lower.
Those are the people that are coming on forums and writing complaint after complaint.
But are the complaints valid?
Have you seen a group of lvl 80's take on a Rockbelly full, let alone a stonefang???
It's brutal, let me tell you.
So many of the complaints that come in are from people in that situation its ridiculous.
The true solution I actually believe will come in update 4 and its not with target lock (I'll get to that) it will come with more areas for smoother lvling for all lvls.
New people to the name need pure instructions on to always try to kill MOBS 0-5 lvls higher then them.
This is why now we have a lvl 60 standing at Fal cause he's got the quest (because the quest structure is broken lvl 60's can get a quest that ask to kill MOBS 20 lvls higher then the quest unlocks) Anyways, Fal spawns now the lvl 60 is literally pooping his pants, then all of a sudden a lvl 120 that can easily kill Fal with a few friends come in and kill him in 5 minutes.
Now the lvl 60 is so steamed he not only soiled himself but he missed Fal as well, so he comes to forums and write some big long ridiculous post to make it seem like he got done so unforgivably wrong that he has to write forums and sleep with a night light from here on out.
But in all seriousness, I definitely take the time and help the low levels that don't ask for it.
*****BUT***** there is a huge differance in helping a guy out and totally carrying someone.
And totally carrying is what most people want and if they don't get it they write to OTM.

You still there OTM?
Ok on to Target Lock.
Strait up the only way to do this without changing the game is to implement a thing that shows what group is doing most damage to a MOB with the winner being the first to 51%
Example clan A has mob 10% down yet clan B shows up and can kill the mob faster.
As soon as clan B meets and surpasses clan A's damage the indicator would show it allowing clan A to know they've lost the kill. (The game already does this only the MOB turns and faces the player, but with moves like taunt and warcry people don't see it)
So my suggestion is to make the green glow around the group glow red when they have the kill.
This way visually it will take nothing away from the game, there will be no marker or line leading to the group with kill. (Please God listen to me)
Any other way adding a target lock system will totally break all of what the game has become over the past year.
It's like putting a hidden God in the game that makes sure nothing wrong ever can happen.
Part of the glory of this games current system is when it comes to people that are known scammers yet OTM hasn't done anything to them and everyday they log and gloat about it so in turn when they are spotted using exp elixirs ect... You can justice into your own hands.
The same people that scam items are the one who come onto forums and complain about its current system.
All it is, is one person steals items like a thief while the other ks them on sight so the thief thinks he's getting screwed cause his elixirs are being wasted.
It's all ridiculous but the only way to keep things the same is to do it were 51% gets it, it's as fair as fair gets.

On to Higher Lvls Quitting.
The only way i see this happening is if they really mess up the target lock system.
How would you honestly felt if it was first to 10% or 20%?
You walk up to a clan that would use 1000 idols on a MOB thats at 10%.
Now I know what you're thinking they got it already so there's no point in you helping to hit that MOB.
So now you sit there and wait.
Some bosses can take 30 minutes, but what if they fail with 5% to go.
You're telling me I'd have to sit there with my entire group watching and waiting for a lower lvl clan to fail on a quest mob that we all need?
51% is the magic number and a red glow is the way to go.

And lastly, Reality...
This is coming in a month and a half.
Make or break your game.
The count down has begun...
This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.

Re: Noobs, Future Target Lock, High Lvls Quitting And Realit

i wont mind target lock IF a group must do AT LEAST 20% damage BEFORE anyone else shows up, if another group shows up at 15% its ffa, 19% ffa, you have to get the whole 20% in without anyone else there to get lock

I agree with you on this to be 20%. Of initial damage done ,
i mean if you clan doesnt scout or is waiting for 40 ppl to do a boss . Why stop other clans to do so. Usually a clan ks because they dont have enougth ppl online atm or they are late to spawn.
Inactive player .

En este juego , mientras tanto otros juegos se llevan mi plata.

i wont mind target lock IF a group must do AT LEAST 20% damage BEFORE anyone else shows up, if another group shows up at 15% its ffa, 19% ffa, you have to get the whole 20% in without anyone else there to get lock

But honestly think about it, why 20%?
If any group is at 20% and can lose the mob they shouldn't be fighting that mob.
It's not like 20 ppl show up and instantly drain its hp.
Most cases they'd even have to shout to clan that the boss is up.
When its 51% you can get that moment where you can shout to clan and they all rush as fast as possible to a mob thats 20%, more often then not they'd probably help the weaker clan with the kill as it was 20% down already when they showed up.
With a 20% lock no other groups would ever fight mobs with other clans the game would become a waiting game. (Which it already is) there'd be no competition.
Next thing people are funny complain that too many people can be in the same clan cause they have to all camp spawns for bosses.
Here's a new idea, why not make 3-4 places a single boss can spawn?
So in a given area there'd literally be 20+ spawn points.
I noticed long ago all this game is, is a world that constantly tries to rebuild itself with be we any difference just constantly repairing the same wounds.
OTM #1 goal should be to increase the games size so there is so much stuff it's simply to hard for one clan to control everything.
Target lock can't be a set % it on who does what first it simply needs to let you know if you are currently doing the most damage all the way to 51% and NOT 51% damage of the first 100%.
It needs to stay just like it is only just something that lets you know you've been out dps'ed stop fighting.

Sure we know the details of what target lock is and mostly how it will work, but overall i dont think we can really judge target lock until it is implemented; until it is added and everyone gets to experience it, there is no way to completely tell how it affects the game, negatively or positively.

Personally i feel it will add an interesting dynamic to the game because it will be more about strategy and team setup than before. Tanks and druids will probably have more of a role in keep the team alive than ever before, while rogues will be important in killing the boss quickly for better efficiency and before the druid runs out of energy or lag or something causes the tank to die.

Anyway i can see where people are coming from when they say it will drastically change the game, and yes it will in many ways. However as to completely ruining the game as we know it? I feel we need to get a chance to try it out before we say the world as we know it, or in this case the game, is going to be completely ruined.
Gwydion
Neora,199 Ranger
Neorae, 146 Druid
Lumin, 101 Warrior
Neore, 110 Mage

You do realize with the current system if ur group dealt 51% of the health no other group can ks u right? This is the current system so why have it for the target lock i personally believe they shouldnt have a lock and what u r saying something to indicate what percentage a group has dealt. Also they should make the damage dealt individually stay with the group they are in because right now if someone lags out all that persons damage is gone and in some cases u lose the bosses.

You do realize with the current system if ur group dealt 51% of the health no other group can ks u right? This is the current system so why have it for the target lock i personally believe they shouldnt have a lock and what u r saying something to indicate what percentage a group has dealt. Also they should make the damage dealt individually stay with the group they are in because right now if someone lags out all that persons damage is gone and in some cases u lose the bosses.
Yes and apparently you have a hard time with reading comprehension.
That is the whole reason as why all people need is a little indicator if you're winning or not.
Not totally lock the target at 51%.
Also if someone lags out of a group it doesn't matter it's still a group effort, damage stays.

Yes and apparently you have a hard time with reading comprehension.
That is the whole reason as why all people need is a little indicator if you're winning or not.
Not totally lock the target at 51%.
Also if someone lags out of a group it doesn't matter it's still a group effort, damage stays.
Srry i meant that they should have an indicator as u were talking about and for the last part if a member lags out his damage is lost i know this from experience which would be a better fix then a total lock.

I love the way this was said.

To noobs :

ANYONE can lvl to 150
ANYONE can get lux gear
ANYONE can get upgrade drops
ANYONE can get mountains of gold
YOU DO NOT have to spend tons on money.

Its a time and effort situation.
If your willing to put in the time you can be great at the game.

You think i leveled to 150 in an hour?
No....it took me a month (with elixers) which is decently fast.
But i put a lot of time into it, i didnt run in circles, i didnt complain on forum about what was unfair.
I found a bridge and i got over it, i leveled a ton, i farmed gold.

So it is possible to be great! it just wont happen overnight, and i promise promise promise you, target lock will not solve your issue.
The top level clans will continue to camp these bosses, honeslty you will have a less chance of getting drops with target lock!
A high level player or a great clan wont check up on bosses like they do now, they will camp all day to get what they need, you will not have a better chance, people will sit there all day to get what they need.

To OTM :

Target lock will not solve issues, if i want a dragon disk now, ill check up on falgren, if target lock comes, i will camp it continuosly because i know that if im just a tad late and a noob group gets the lock, i wont get my drag that i wanted.

Thank you for reading
-Charge