Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

My review of the Samhain event and current status of CH

Before I get going this will be a long, yet thought out summary of the current event and state of CH.
So be aware!!!

The event

My general review: First off what is the event? The event isn't the daily armor quest as those will stay so when the event broken down it basically consist of these:
1. King dread - Boss fight
2. Collecting pumpkins
3. Broom store
4. Charm stores
5. Bat Cane Quest

Now lets take a look at each of these individually.

King Dread

Pros
1. King Dread - tbh I love this boss fight, it truly shows where the games AI in Mobs is goin to be heading in future updates.
No longer can druids just sit back and heal a tank for 20 minutes to end the fight, now the Enemy shoots random fireballs that hit 800+ making this boss fight a truly hard one.

Cons
My one complaint about it is the Duke Of Bones 5 star mob, this guy is so ever powered he should drop burial rings not the king. The jump from the 4 star mob to 5 star is staggering.

The drops
This guy gives out 50% poop if not 65% I understand the point in dropping skull +10 charms but all I've seen are for really strange spells that normally people wouldn't use especially over a camo charm.
And this is why you get a lot of negative feedback on bosses and drops because everyone wants the skills that benefit them the most, so when they don't get what they wanted they complain.
The level 100 requirement ring need to go, no boss should drop items that are so useless.
Everyone I talk to says the drops work out like this:
1. Best
2. Medium
3. Crap
It was the same like this for the 140 dragon in lirs, the drops should be random as in you could get 3 great drops from a kill and not the standard sizes at McDonalds.

Solution
Nerf the Duke of Bones, remove burial rings, and lastly make the drops random from an event boss just like Fal can drop 3 DD's.

Picking Pumpkins

Pros
Fashion is a good thing in a world full of showing off

Cons
The whole quest it outright ridiculous, 1000 green presents was like OMG kill me, then the 2000 sun stones made smoke come out of my ears and then I seen this...
Holy S#¥€ are you serious? 10,000 pumpkins for a complete set.
The name of this quest should of been named "Send support tickets to @OTM via forums or in game support tab"
Cause that's all this created.
Problems and complaints.
Having a white hat already I can say that whoever's idea this was should be fired.
Look at what you have to do to move forward in this quest, talk to a NCP 1000 times.

Solution
There is none you dug your own grave with this one.

Broom Store

Pros
They're back!
Camo charms as is sell for a high price so having a broom with regain and camo is an added bonus

Cons
The need to hide the higher costing brooms is a mind F@&* for me, is that really needed?
Once agin you should of just named the shop "Send Support Ticket Here"
Ask any player that actually isn't a kid, these brooms serve no purpose what so ever until you start getting into the camo brooms.
It is a nice show off piece but that's all it is nothing more nothing less.

Solution
Never bring back past event items into a new light
Let all people see the available choices from the start, it'll save you guys a lot of grunt work with support tickets.

Charm Shop

Pros
Changing your character is always fun!
Tons of new charms to choose from

Cons
The charms that were released 1/2 were shiver charms while the other 1/2 were from the new enemies added in the event.
Don't add charms of enemies that aren't in the game for 1 day, the king dread charms should of been in a future patch or update.
Releasing them the day of event only had people buying the charms before they even seen the boss the charm is of.

Solution
Who ever works for you needs to change how they present things to us.
It's like you want us to blow through the two month long new content in a week.
Next time charms are introduce at the same time as the mobs it's reflecting make it so you have to kill the mob first in order to buy that one, paired with a daily quest this could easily take weeks and keep the fresh content coming in.

Bat Cane Quest

Pros
Another free special all class wand that shimmers once you obtain the grand.

Cons
Lot of repetition here, just like the pumpkins.

Solution
When making quest like this just please keep in mind that as soon as event hits people start camping, and when that happens the complaints come rolling in.
The fairy's from past event was the perfect style for a quest like this.
As they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Event review summary

Pros
New boss mean new drops
Tons of transformation charms making this game more entertaining then a lot of people walking around with incomplete sets of armor everywhere.
Noobs economy boost, many high levels buy their pumpkins/wands from lower levels thus giving the noobs a change at fame and fortune.

Cons
Bad quest design, they are in the right trying to get it right but anyone could of stepped back and took a look at what they were putting out and knew they'd be working over time for the weekend in support tickets.
This is a game full of people wanting to be the first, so IMO events just beg for people to complain.
Example: lvl 1 noob camping a witch spawn only for a lvl 150 on a super broom swoops in and takes it, now what do you think is going through that players head?
It's not oh I love that high leveled guy taking what I needed and saying nothing to me only to teleport away.
It's WTF F@$& this game.
Not enough good loot from event boss.

Solution
Keep events simple.
Open a mount shop, 200k max mount
Have a wand/sword quest
Have a simple collecting quest 1000 pieces max.
Add a boss with drops that are equal to his difficulty not the McDonalds sizes
Don't add charms to bosses that are introduced along with the other content crookback and fairy charms worked well because the contents been in the game for so long, the new charms just looked out of place but are finally looking more in place day by day.

The Games Current State Outside Of Events

Daily Quest

We finally have daily quest :D

Pros
This gives everyone something to do daily, wether they want it every day or not.
Free items that aren't too shabby!
This can get many players who think the games getting old a reason to sign on and nab that free item just for when update 4 comes out they can use it.
Some quest give exp for completion I myself have obtained 4.1+ million, yes that's right 4.1+ MILLION exp just from arena quest anyone who says this quest is a waste doesn't have enough devoted players on its server to make it fun.
The arena quest also gives 400-500 gold not to sure but that's an extra 20k+ in my pocket just doing the quest everyday to this point

Cons
IMO there are none.
Do the work and get it done, if you dislike the creativity of it then tough cookies.

Limit Once A Day Armor Quest

Pros
This was a good idea to add free stuff anyone can get outside of the main quest line.
Stuff like this will help struggling players to continue that long journey onwards.

Cons
This should go away at some point or the bosses should turn into rare spawns like defectors.
The ! Mark stays after you finish all quest and I don't like it.

Final Thoughts

I just wanted to give a quick run down of what each new content had to offer good and bad.
Not many may agree with the things I've said, but this is what makes the game good honest feedback.
Not rumblings and rants.
I know I've given my fair share of rants but I honestly like this game and want to help it get better and better.
The fact that its so easy to see no one puts time outside of work hours in on the forums or game is saddening.
But when it comes right down to it Celtic Heroes is a great game.
I have 16 years in hardcore grinding RPG experience under my belt and I think a lot of these complaints about the level grind are just the new generation of kids that played the water down RPG's of 2000's
If you people at OTM really read every post then all I can say is check my total playtime and then weigh what I've said on here, you should do that for a lot of the people on here.
People with 1000's of hours logged sometimes can provide good feedback.

For The Haters

Go ahead and hate/flame I don't care.

This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.

Re: My review of the Samhain event and current status of CH

HoenheimOfLight wrote:Was this to long for 1 response or what lol

They normally do not respond to posts with multitude of ideas and topics. Admin just do not have the time for it. If you want a response, make single topics or a bunch of one-liners admin can respond to.

In any case, I doubt there will be further changes to the Samhain event. It's already half over, though I hope I'm wrong. But I do think it's highly unlikely they are going to patch loot and quests, etc. at this stage.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

we were all still reading it lol

Solution
Keep events simple.
Open a mount shop, 200k max mount
Have a wand/sword quest
Have a simple collecting quest 1000 pieces max.
Add a boss with drops that are equal to his difficulty not the McDonalds sizes
Don't add charms to bosses that are introduced along with the other content crookback and fairy charms worked well because the contents been in the game for so long, the new charms just looked out of place but are finally looking more in place day by day.

I like it, I concur especially with your solutions for future events
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

I'll like some things to be added to the charms section as well as the fashion/hat section

The color choice of the hats are disgusting and the color pallet doesn't match any other pallet in the game, making the character looking like they put on fashion pieces when the server was down. That's a no no OTM.

On a more positive note the return of the fairy and goblin charms for those that missed out on the chance to buy them during the summer event. This allowed everyone to pick and choose which charm they liked which added more diversity to the game.

Also, don't forget that the girl players now have a bigger selections for choosing what they want to wear. We now have the choice of wearing skirts, heel boots, and new tops (which is absolutely to die for because they have a red necklace that you can easy use to pull your outfit together). New colors are red, white, purple, and black. These pieces cost less than a dress for those that want the style, but yet don't want to hurt your pockets.

Thanks,

Entity
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)

Thanks guys, I know the event is half over and things won't get patched.
I was kinda working for just a general run down of why things aren't working.
Mostly it's just the way they are presented to us.
I'd like them to the the pros and cons and fan solutions/ideas to what work with the current system.

Lots of yelling been going on, on forums lately and it was time for a serious well thought out run down from a daily player as many of you are.

This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.