Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Teaweasel retires from the CH Community. All the Best.

Let me preface these comments to say, I fully understand these forums get filled every month with nerdrage posts about "I am Done!!!"  and then 2 weeks later that same guy/gal is back playing, more active on forums than ever. It's Nature of the beast, MMO's are hard habits to break out of.

In reality I quit about a month ago.  I literally haven't logged in for 2 patches. My kitchen has been ridiculously busy and it's been a pleasure to immerse myself in leveling my career, not my Druid.  My kitchen level is still in the mid 70's, these Stonevale Duck Consommé's are a ***.  And I stopped "lixing" like 7 years ago, so oh well. :twisted:

So this post is, if anything, an afterthought.  An official "good-bye," not a emotional one.  

It's been my pleasure to be involved with this game, the game's company, and with the extended forum community from all the worlds.  The forums of this game provide such a dearth of great sage's, curmudgeon's, trolls, thinker's and even lovable and not so lovable whiners. And still a small enough community for people to make a legitimate reputation for their alias's and feel both integral to forwarding the game and the community in whatever role they so choose. I think OTM and the community itself needs to be commended for that.  And yeah, it's been a pleasure to over the past year, to slip out of the yoke of real life & work & non Celtic drama and become a weasel who likes tea.

The game I think has a bright future.  It saddens me how riddiculously long the time between Update 3 (May 27th) & Update 4 (Jan/Feb?) is going to be.  I had previously understood that the new Update 3 engine would allow faster more focused Updates.  Now, admittedly, 2 huge content laced events of the summer and Halloween is an understandable delay...but yeah, I can't pretend that part of my apathy wasn't contributed to by the realization that most likely (given what we all know about Beta Application timelines, even short focused beta timelines, and where we are in the mid-Nov) Update 4 will ship in 2013 knowing OTM. I am sure OTM will refute this, but the truth hurts, so grimace gracefully.

That said, I am sure it will be fantastic and perhaps worth the wait.  And I am sure, given that previous Beta Testers automatically are included in the next beta (if they apply & have the same device as before as I do) due to the fact their UDID's are already registered Apple's CH UDID beta database... I may peek my head into that process when it rears again.  But I can't make any promises, I very well may not.  (if I do, as said it won't take a beta spot from anyone, I have my own)

This message is just to say thanks.  Many of you, perhaps unknowingly, perhaps uncaringly, enriched my life this past year.  The debates, fights, playful cuffs, and sarcasm were prime fun.  And helping some new players, especially Druids find their way in the game, and even teasing some special morons was equally worth it. Special moron Druids being my favorite.

I am not deleting characters, or this forum account, if you wish to get a hold of me, my email is still linked to PM's here.  So any former clanmates, server-mates, or friend's I have met on forums.  Feel free.

At the end of the day,
Thanks & All the Best.

-Tea

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The person that popped up in every post making it all better. -shuts down Ch forums- might as well shut down the game. o.o
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

Dude Gotta say pleasure getting to know you! Your wit, cynicism, and plain old disdain for the uninformed and lets faced it the morons especially how you handled them, has never been and will never be matched! I've had so many laughs because of you and at the end of the day laughing and having fun is a big part of my game. For that I want to say thanks...You are a special player! One that people love to hate or maybe hate to love. :lol: :lol: When someone leaves the game to improve their life or because they are busy improving their real life I just gotta say WTG GRATS GJ! I hope your drops are all rare and amazing and that you obtain the highest level! If leveling gets to be a grind come visit CH :)

Take care bud!!
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

Hey Tea, We all say our farewells, good luck and take care! I am going to miss being "Teaweasled." Try to get that verb in the dictionary! Lot's of exp! (lots of luv if you don't get...) People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
Silver Series!
Clan/Serenity
Since v.1.0.0 Vintage, Falling Down 7 Times, Standing Up 8

My first post ever on the forums I was defending someones desire to sell items or something for real money in theory if it didn't put them at risk.

When you responded with that green name I thought you worked for OTM. You replyed with an analogy of someone selling the company car. Yet I wasn't hesitant to try to one-up your logic :lol:

And 2,500 posts later...nothing has changed :cool:

We still strongly disagree a lot and sometimes agree. I always strongly respect your opinion and thoughts because they are well principled and thought out. It is good we have a lot of disagreement which means between the two of us we have a lot of latitude. It has been a cool relationship.

Seriously, we should have some kinda celtic heroes get together at a game convention sometime.

And i hope I am here filling a blended role of sage/thinker :D

See ya later bro.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

I often think that Newton's laws not only apply to physical objects and motion, but can also be applied metaphorically to life and interpersonal behaviour.

You will certainly be missed, Tea. I should say thanks for all the early advice you provided. Don't worry. Nothing emotional. In reality I've been thankful for months. When I started in January the Druid forum was probably 80% Tea, 10% Xell, and 10% Raven. The past 6 months has seen an increase in quality players. You leave the forum in good hands, it seems.

I have quite enjoyed chatting with you, and grouping up with that flatulent Rogue of yours. It was an interesting meld of forum and game. Your items are safe and sound. They are very helpful, and I can certainly take care of them while you are gone, but PM me if you want me to pass them to someone specific.

Best of luck to you and your kitchen. Might pop in for some Connacht Duck Consume if I am ever in Seattle. (I think OTM should make that a new daily pie quest, btw). I'll drop you a line should I be in that zone.

As for the laws, here is my take:

1. A body in motion tends to stay in motion while a body at rest tends to stay at rest, until an outside force is applied.
→ Playing on a daily basis keeps you playing. Stop for a while and it is very easy to stay in that inactive state. Likewise, immersing yourself in your career will continue on that path of motion.

2. The acceleration of a body is parallel and directly proportional to the force exceeded upon it.
→ Effort placed in advancing your career and knowledge of that career will propel you through the career. Effort in Connacht Duck Consume will result in faster, better soup.

3. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
→ The effort you put into work will have a negative result on another aspect of life. In this case, CH. Likewise, people who place too much effort in the game will have some negative result in life (health, family, work etc.)

I am curious to know if Beta or Update 4 will be enough of an outside force to change your trajectory, but I'll have to wait to find out.

Good luck, my friend.
Ders
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.