Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Double xp weeks

#32
lol look at this cool guy on the internet my mommy is nomore so i spend my money on bills food for the house no time to spend on a game if anything your so spoiled ur mommy feels bad for you and buys stuff for you so u feel important grow up u kid
Former lvl 148 warrior

miss all you gwydion civilians

Re: Double xp weeks

#33
We keep talking about medicine but have yet talk about the illness we wish to cure.

Why do you want double xp anything? Because it takes too long to level or you are just bored and want some excitement in your play.
Why do you want double gold events? Because raising cash is pathetically slow.
    short aside: IMHO XP and gold are the same thing. Both increase the power of your character. Actually gold is better than xp because better gear can twink your toon but you don't get punished by needing more xp to level like when you are higher level.
Why do you want double ability events? Ability training takes forever.

I would suggest that if the game were better paced then we wouldn't need double anything events. OTM would use them only for marketing (fewer people are logging in so they need to juice the population). And this would only be needed if they didn't have any new content to release which would do the same thing.

All these events do is reduce the shelf life of existing content. Think about it. Let say the average player gets 4 hours of gaming in a day, and since it is a freemium game, they don't buy lix very often because they are cash limited. But because of the event they put in 12 hours each day and they bought lix when they normally dont. So instead of 8 hours of content being consumed in the weekend, they consumed 192 hours (24*8) of content. So instead of 2 days, 48 days got consumed. That is a month and a half of development time OTM now does not have before people start complaining again.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Re: Double xp weeks

#34
Xp does take insanely long to gain ATM, I agree with that.

Btw I just had a thought... Instead of a double XP day, why don't you just raised the spawn rate of xp mobs once in a while Btw these xp mobs r insanely difficult, my 102 Mage could barely kill a 109 whisehoof when paired with a Druid (!!!). Do 7 lvls really make such a big difference?! I would even make a notification that xp mob spawn rates r raised for the day ... Ppl that play a lot will notice anyways :)
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn
Image

Re: Double xp weeks

#35
Xell wrote:Xp does take insanely long to gain ATM, I agree with that.

Btw I just had a thought... Instead of a double XP day, why don't you just raised the spawn rate of xp mobs once in a while Btw these xp mobs r insanely difficult, my 102 Mage could barely kill a 109 whisehoof when paired with a Druid (!!!). Do 7 lvls really make such a big difference?! I would even make a notification that xp mob spawn rates r raised for the day ... Ppl that play a lot will notice anyways :)


That's not a bad idea BUT a better solution is to increase quest XP reward so we don't have to grind all the time. The retaking faerieland quest for example gave like 12k XP to kill 10 mini bosses. The evil in stonevale gave over 80k. I think the faerie quest should give over 250k per turn in.

More repeatable quests with decent XP reward would definitely take away the burnout players have been experiencing with grinding.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Double xp weeks

#36
Aileron wrote:
Xell wrote:Xp does take insanely long to gain ATM, I agree with that.

Btw I just had a thought... Instead of a double XP day, why don't you just raised the spawn rate of xp mobs once in a while Btw these xp mobs r insanely difficult, my 102 Mage could barely kill a 109 whisehoof when paired with a Druid (!!!). Do 7 lvls really make such a big difference?! I would even make a notification that xp mob spawn rates r raised for the day ... Ppl that play a lot will notice anyways :)


That's not a bad idea BUT a better solution is to increase quest XP reward so we don't have to grind all the time. The retaking faerieland quest for example gave like 12k XP to kill 10 mini bosses. The evil in stonevale gave over 80k. I think the faerie quest should give over 250k per turn in.

More repeatable quests with decent XP reward would definitely take away the burnout players have been experiencing with grinding.

+1 I agree fully
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Re: Double xp weeks

#37
Sir Blaze333 wrote:
Aileron wrote:
Xell wrote:Xp does take insanely long to gain ATM, I agree with that.

Btw I just had a thought... Instead of a double XP day, why don't you just raised the spawn rate of xp mobs once in a while Btw these xp mobs r insanely difficult, my 102 Mage could barely kill a 109 whisehoof when paired with a Druid (!!!). Do 7 lvls really make such a big difference?! I would even make a notification that xp mob spawn rates r raised for the day ... Ppl that play a lot will notice anyways :)


That's not a bad idea BUT a better solution is to increase quest XP reward so we don't have to grind all the time. The retaking faerieland quest for example gave like 12k XP to kill 10 mini bosses. The evil in stonevale gave over 80k. I think the faerie quest should give over 250k per turn in.

More repeatable quests with decent XP reward would definitely take away the burnout players have been experiencing with grinding.

+1 I agree fully


I was so upset (not the word I was thinking) when I finished that quest and saw that I had nothing to show for it, but a weapon that disappears after one session of training or one boss fight. Give me xp :evil:

I think they just increase the xp given from all mobs as you reach the golems and wyverns. I would like to get 20k+ from lixing on a wyvern instead of the 13.5k.
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)

Re: Double xp weeks

#39
Eliminater wrote:Wyvern thralls give almost 5k when killed by appropriate level if I remember correctly .


The appropriate levels are killing it and if you were refering to me not being 140+, then I would to see evidence showing that a level 121 in a group of level 140+ eats up 2k worth of xp.
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)

Re: Double xp weeks

#40
A large group gets less xp per kill but kills faster

On lix I get about 12k xp soloing wyv thralls, in a group I get about 8k
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests