Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Making life hard for druids

Come on guys help your Druids to level it's hard enough playing a Druid without all you guys with rogues and warriors afk leveling on the only high level spawns yes it's great your level 60+ now but my Druids stuck at 50 ish with nowhere to level because you have parked your character on the only decent spawn yes I could swap to Mage and take all your kills but that don't help my Druid all that will end up happening in update us Druids will be trying to catch up as the spawns become free and you guys won't be able to get a healer for love nor money play fair if your afk log out or afk somewhere that gives gold we Druids need to level up aswell and we can't take kills as our damage output is so low
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

Re: Making life hard for druids

Totally sympathize with you on this one. It's no surprise that the highest leveled players are the ones that can AFK level. Druids are hard enough to level as it is but when there's a Rogue or Warrior camping right on top of every worthwhile spawn it makes it near impossible.

So until the update gets here, use this trick I figured out to deal with AFK campers:

1) Wait for a mob to show up with loads of hp.
2) After the AFK player starts auto-attacking use your non-druid character to steal agro from them.
3) Quickly drag the mob over to the nearest boss spawn (with the AFK player following the mob).
4) Log out and wait a moment (or just let your character die then return to the area).
5) Congratulations, you just moved the AFKer into certain death. ;)

If you're feeling less vindictive you can just move them out of the agro range of the spawn.

I think its rude to afk in boss rooms.... just sayin

we dont have this problem much in rhiannon. People afk but are courteous enough to do it in other areas of the catacombs. Im in the dry bones room at the moment myself getting myself a nice supply of black chalk for the update along with my money :)
Arwen: Ranger lvl 164 chieftan Rapture Eve Rhiannon
BlueBird warrior tank lvl 88
Aurora68: Druid lvl 80
Morganelefaye: Mage lvl 81
Satine: Rogue lvl 115
Missbehavin: lvl 80Druid (on vacation) sulis

While AFK leveling/farming is not against any current game guidelines, the leaders of the Clan Assassins have a few problems with it. Doing this in areas such as Crookback caverns or in the Withered Vaults area of the catacombs is understandable. However, doing so in areas such as the Avatar room is frowned upon. This activity can lead to other players to look unfavorably on us, and for good reason. Lower level people may be too intimidated to kill steal from an AFK character that is higher level than them. This would lead them to believe that our clan member is "hogging" an area, taking away possibly up to 2/3 of the available monsters. Don’t AFK Farm in Main Boss rooms of the catacombs!

If you are AFK expect to have your kills taken. And, if you do it, please expect us to use this suggested trick in the above thread to make you stop. When the update comes out, this may become less of an issue. But, until then, while we are cooped up, bumping elbows in the Catacombs, please do not do this in Sulis.

Tog
Togarth Lvl 150 Mage World Sulis General of Clan Retribution 3rd Place in Marshall's Crystal Armor Event (ChuckNorris)

I am on sulis and I do this...a lot. I afk in the avatars room but am not selfish with the spawn. I back away from the spot enough so I can get the spawn when it appears, but also enough for someone to stand between me and the spawn. I also do not care if people steal spawns from me as I am already 1/4 to 61 and don't need exp as much as others. I know people are unhappy with this 'spawn hogging' but I'm not doing that as peiple can block it from me which seems fine to do as it's causing no real problems.

Thanks for reading hope I got my view across.