Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Official Samhain 2012 Discussion Thread

I am so concerned that I wont finish the armor quests before the event ends. The idea that I can earn decent armor has me excited. (given up on meteoric and frozen)
Is it hard getting meteoric on your world?
well I don't have it yet and I have been working on it since before update 3.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Hey, I dont know if this is spread over all worlds, or just morrigan, but at least here prices have plummeted. People are selling a load of their stuff to buy brooms and charms, and they want money fast. So they are selling cheap. Dragon discs, which usually sell for 50k, are hard to sell for anything above 40k. Ammys, offhands, etc. are all priced to sell. This is great if you're on the market for stuff, not so great if you need to sell stuff. So, here is my question to all you smart people out there who understand economics and crap. How will this trend affect us long-term? How will it help/hurt our economy? I would think that since plat items prices will always be constant, that eventually that will cause all prices to gravitate to a certain point. But I dont really know. Any thoughts? (cue the smart people) :geek: :ugeek:
:lol:
Nighthawk - Lvl 130 ranger
Morrigan
no longer playing. Miss you guys.

Its all supply and demand. There is a demand for gold and the supply is limited so people are willing to give up more stuff to get gold. When the event is over and the new vendors are gone there will be less gold in the worlds so fewer people will be able to buy stuff. Thus all prices will go down as people sell their goods to the small supply of gold that still exists.

Unless there is a double plat day and people replenish their gold.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Hey, I dont know if this is spread over all worlds, or just morrigan, but at least here prices have plummeted. People are selling a load of their stuff to buy brooms and charms, and they want money fast. So they are selling cheap. Dragon discs, which usually sell for 50k, are hard to sell for anything above 40k. Ammys, offhands, etc. are all priced to sell. This is great if you're on the market for stuff, not so great if you need to sell stuff. So, here is my question to all you smart people out there who understand economics and crap. How will this trend affect us long-term? How will it help/hurt our economy? I would think that since plat items prices will always be constant, that eventually that will cause all prices to gravitate to a certain point. But I dont really know. Any thoughts? (cue the smart people) :geek: :ugeek:

glad you ask... I posted a similar comment about what the double plat sale would do to the economy. Turns out it had no lasting effect.

Its a tough question. The only thing that will really effect prices of things would be if more gold is given for a certain amount of plat in the plat shop. This would simply increase the amount of gold in circulation.

I believe that this new trend to sell low during the event will not have a lasting effect on prices that are stable as determined by the usefulness of the item measured against how much plat items they are "worth".

However, for items who's prices are artificially inflated, say disks perhaps, I think this could cause a permanent lowering because this will shake things up enough to bring prices down to their correct value even after the event is over.

However it just depends on supply and demand ultimately. If the powers that be decide to hoard things, they can manipulate the price. However hopefully for you all the price drop during the event will make lower levels think twice before they pay the monopolists their extortion, forcing demand down and keeping price lower.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Its all supply and demand. There is a demand for gold and the supply is limited so people are willing to give up more stuff to get gold. When the event is over and the new vendors are gone there will be less gold in the worlds so fewer people will be able to buy stuff. Thus all prices will go down as people sell their goods to the small supply of gold that still exists.

Unless there is a double plat day and people replenish their gold.
True that, we are entering a gold shortage! Watch for it, prices will stay low for a while because of this.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki