Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Obelisk...

Would just like to say thankyou sooo much for destroying the only free ability-training mob for high levels.. In the game. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Since you've put the adds so close to the obelisk.. Any chance we can get a new obelisk that drops nothing somewhere else?? Make it 6* level 300 and have no adds around it.

Also, please add a spear that's under 3000 attack speed.. I spent over 3 hours constantly hitting the 6* level 150 Obelisk wi a spear of defence (fastest in game at 3350 attack speed?), using 12 Super Wisdom Elixers.. My spear didn't even go up 150 ability points.. It was on average 10 ability points per elixer.. So would be 10 abilities an hour on average.. This is also between 750-900.. My spear is still in the 800s somewhere..

Also.. Does anyone have any tips on how I can better level my Evade abilities?? I still do not even have even 1 of them half maxed.. The 'Double Wisdom Weekend' didn't do such a great job for those not using Wisdom Elixers. It feels as though the ability rates should permanently be double what they are now.. But maybe it was just my annoyance with spears, as a Dagger-using Rogue.
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

Re: The Obelisk...

Also.. Does anyone have any tips on how I can better level my Evade abilities?? I still do not even have even 1 of them half maxed.. The 'Double Wisdom Weekend' didn't do such a great job for those not using Wisdom Elixers. It feels as though the ability rates should permanently be double what they are now.. But maybe it was just my annoyance with spears, as a Dagger-using Rogue.
You can do this with PVP or farm specific mobs if you have sufficient regen.

PVP
For everything except fortitude, find a low level druid who has all the offensive spells (storm touch is a bonus, not necessary for this method). Make sure they have energy regen to keep up with spam casting:
  • Lightning bolt & Storm Touch: Warding
  • Howling Wind: Willpower
  • Strangling Vines: Vigour
  • Grasping Roots: Reflex
It doesn't matter how many points they have in any of these skills, but the reason I recommend a low level druid is so that the damage skills don't kill you.

But... your rate of increase really depends a lot on how high your evasion ability is to start with. I double box with two druids. My main is lvl 128 and alt is 78. The level 78 can't survive the combo of vines(30/30)/lightning(30/30)/storm(39/30 if i forget to take off my rings) so I just cast Wind and Roots from my main. If no one dies by the end of this, it shouldn't affect your PVP rank. One 5-minute round of PVP is good for about 4 points of ability spread out across the 4 abilities on my main (abilities range from 250-ish vigour to 720-ish warding, with the others in between) and a 2-8 points on average on the alt (abilities are all under 100 still). This rate is without any wisdom pot/elix, and I've tried it multiple times. I don't think I've had more than 4 points total ability gain during any 5-minute duel, and no more than 2 points in any one ability. This is in contrast to the double wisdom weekend, where I recall raising some individual abilities by as much as 10 points in 5 minutes, without elix.

For fortitude, get a warrior to shield bash and pummel you.

Farming specific mobs
Loredancers' fireball is good for training warding. Depending on your regen, sigils and ability to heal, you can have up to three at once casting on you. If you time it such that they all cast at once, or very close together, your sigils will still work.
Bloodgrove Druids are good for training warding, reflex and willpower. Again, how many you can handle at once depends on your regen and healing skills. During the double wisdom weekend, I saw mages with energy shield farming as many as three at once. Just keep in mind that vines will disable your sigils, if you have any.

In general, vigour seems to be the hardest to train. The cooldown on vines is 30 seconds, and it's hard to farm mobs for these types of spells since the AI is smart enough to not have any mob cast a DoT on you if you're already suffering from the effects of it. The only exception I've seen to this is in the inner grove with three druids on me: I've had two active vines on me simultaneously. Could be a bug.
Lugh | Lightface: Druid 141 | Kaonashi: Druid 141 | FacepaIm: Rogue 141
The B Team: Noface: Warrior 130 | Tsundere: Mage 130 | Smileyface: Druid 130
Retired from CH since 2013

If you can survive it Wraiths are good for Reflex and Vigour.

Loredancers will max warding pretty quickly if you have 3-4 of the casting on you at once.

Almost any low level mob hitting you should train Fortititude. Turn off auto attack for both of these.

Try using the lowest dmg spear and just settle in while you are doing something else. I know if you are using lix you don't get as many hits. This is just good for 'afk' training, where minimal attention is needed.

If you are using lix, buy the individuals rather than the sets. I beleive they are a x4 instead of x3 boost, unless that was changed.

Warding is the easiest. mine is maxed. Go to Issians area and get 5 connach intiates and war mages to cast on you. Do not attack back. You wont auto because they dont hit you they just cast. Your problem will be noobs that decide to help you out and kill them for you.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Would just like to say thankyou sooo much for destroying the only free ability-training mob for high levels.. In the game. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think it's good they fixed it. People always looking for a free ride, sheesh.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I think it's good they fixed it. People always looking for a free ride, sheesh.
A free ride as in.. 6 hours on an obelisk and 12 Super Wisdom Elixers for a few abilities? .. Explain? Lol
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy