Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Diamond Quickblade Vs. Meteoric Dagger - DPS Calculations.

Okay, so since update I have just been using my Chromos Diamond Quickblade, and forgotten about my Meteoric dagger. However, just this morning I equipped my Meteoric dagger on a couple of mobs, and forgot how much quicker it was compared to Diamond. I was taking mobs down just as quick, if not quicker. So I decided to run a few calculations that I thought i'd post.

My stats are:

Strength:320 (355)
Dexterity:70 (105)
Focus:20
Vitality:150

Meteoric Dagger -
Damage: 503
Attack Speed: 1950 (please tell me if attack speed is like, amount of seconds.. So 1950 is 1950 milliseconds? (1.95secs)

503/1.950 = 257.94

Diamond Quickblade -
Damage: 640
Attack Speed: 2500

640/2.500 = 256

So there you see that the Meteoric Dagger on auto - is slightly better damage than the Diamond Quickblade. However, Diamond Quickblade obviously hits higher with skills.. And Meteoric Dagger hits faster meaning more interrupts. So take your pick :)

Please note, this is going on no Poison Weapon or Haste Gloves.. Now with haste gloves.

Haste Glove Calculations -

Meteoric: 1.950 / 100 = 0.01950
0.01950 * 30 = 0.585
1.950 - 0.585 = 1.365.
503 / 1.365 = 368.49

Diamond: 2.500/100 = 0.02500
0.02500*30 = 0.7500
2.500 - 0.7500 = 1.7500
640 / 1.7500 = 365.71

So there you have it, with Haste gloves Meteoric Dagger pushes further out in front but JUST by a margin. So decide what you prefer, and use these calculations as a guideline to check your own DPS :)

I personally prefer the interruptions on the Meteoric Dagger :)

..RAP :!:
Last edited by BLRD-7 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

Re: Diamond Quickblade Vs. Meteoric Dagger - DPS Calculation

Thanks for posting this! I've always liked the meteoric dagger better because of the speed and it looks a lot better (diamond looks weird)! I've also never really noticed any significant difference in dmg done on a mob with the meteoric and on that same mob with a diamond. I'm disappointed in the diamond dagger :|
I somewhat understand, although I think for 71k.. The Diamond Dagger is an absolute Bargain. It was much harder and time consuming to get the Meteoric dagger and to have a Buyable dagger that compares for 71k seems crazy. On Rhiannon we don't actually sell frags.. But if we did dragons would have been going pre-update at around 100-150k per drag. That's potentially 2 Diamond Daggers for Half a Dagger of the Darkest Night. Not to mention the difficulty of the diamonds and 5* wisps to upgrade it to Meteoric ;)

I just say Roll On Dragon Dagger.. Can't wait :!:
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

I have noticed almost all rogues use the meteoric dagger instead of the diamond quickblade but then I see almost all warriors using the diamond longblade over the meteoric sword. Could you please do the dps calculations for those two weapons as well?
Server: Herne
Clan: ResUrgeNs
Class:.......Druid...................Ranger
Character: Superman8977.....Luminous
Level:.......212.....................215

No sure what the weapon speed means? time it and see. start a 30 secon timer or watch your watch for 30 seconds and count how many swings you get. Then divide seconds by swings to get seconds per swing. Try on another weapon as well.

See if can figure out how many milliseconds each number refers to in the weapon speed.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

No sure what the weapon speed means? time it and see. start a 30 secon timer or watch your watch for 30 seconds and count how many swings you get. Then divide seconds by swings to get seconds per swing. Try on another weapon as well.

See if can figure out how many milliseconds each number refers to in the weapon speed.
Pretty sure each 1 to attack speed refers to milliseconds. It is the only thing that adds up.
You might also want to test and see if having more or less strength would make diamond better than meteoric.
I would but I've already wasted well over 100 plat (30k) on changing my stats and skills so far. Don't wanna waste any more.
I have noticed almost all rogues use the meteoric dagger instead of the diamond quickblade but then I see almost all warriors using the diamond longblade over the meteoric sword. Could you please do the dps calculations for those two weapons as well?
My warrior is only level 80 and uses my Rogues Diamond Spear or an Ancient Falchion, so I don't personally have the stats or equipment to do the calculations. If you could post here your stats + Damage with Meteoric Sword + Damage with Diamond Longblade, I would be more than happy to do the calculations for you.

EDIT: Part of and probably the main reason rogues will have been using meteoric over Diamond is because of the extra helpes with Boss Interruts.

But remember.. DPS is based on stats and equipment.

..RAP :!:
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy