Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Current Problems with the Game

So, I've always wanted to get back into this game heavily, but I never do because of how some of the design of this game has been handled.

The main culprit is how bosses are handled in CH. I play on Epona, and there are often many players at a single boss. Not only does this lower your chance significantly of getting a drop, killing the boss is not fun at all since it doesn't require any individual skill when there are 30+ people who are 220+ with max level pets and mounts. This design of non-instanced boss fights worked when the game's player base was lower (around 2012-2014), but in the modern day we NEED instances. Instances would bring challenge and higher rewards for individuals, and actually give meaning to reaching endgame.
One may argue to switch over to a less populated server, but doing so results in less community and less auction house listings, resulting in having to spend more irl money for necessary elixirs. I know DECA has taken over CH, and I implore you DECA, please bring us instances. Again, it is not fun to wait for Mordy to spawn, show up and see 30+ people there who nuke the boss down quickly, with individual skill equaling "I can use whatever skills in whatever quantity, as long as I'm here I get to roll".

Re: Current Problems with the Game

I’ve played since 2011 pretty actively and I 100% agree with this. Bossing with a ton of people is fun, and it allows you to see first hand just how large your clan has become, but this game is really missing the mark when it comes to instances.

Another post in Gen Discussions mentions dungeons and I agree with that as well. One that only lets a set amount of each class join, with end game powerful drops on completion. The tower would’ve been a great spot for a dungeon or even corrupted gardens.

Deca seems committed, so I’ll remain positive about the potential for this to actually happen… I mean even their communication so far has been refreshing and reassuring.
Axiom
Maclir101 - Warrior 224 (Retired)
Feared - Mage 222 (Active)
Citizen of Rosmerta since 2011 Samhain

I’ve played since 2011 pretty actively and I 100% agree with this. Bossing with a ton of people is fun, and it allows you to see first hand just how large your clan has become, but this game is really missing the mark when it comes to instances.

Another post in Gen Discussions mentions dungeons and I agree with that as well. One that only lets a set amount of each class join, with end game powerful drops on completion. The tower would’ve been a great spot for a dungeon or even corrupted gardens.

Deca seems committed, so I’ll remain positive about the potential for this to actually happen… I mean even their communication so far has been refreshing and reassuring.
I agree that DECA seems to have ambition to improve the game based on their posts, we'll have to see

I agree that DECA seems to have ambition to improve the game based on their posts, we'll have to see
I started to phase out of the game when VR took over the game (CG), they promised many things and failed on pretty much everything, and absolutely missed every main point/problem the players cried about which lead to the game almost completely dying.
I've been reading about DECA, and their reviews and sadly they are not positive. That's not meaning that they will try to reinvigorate the game, but normally the games they took up had already reached their lows and DECA unable to reach their goal. I think if they specifically listen to their player base i believe they could make the game somewhat decent again, i would probably come back to play again, and hopefully see some old friends that I've spent years with.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama