Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

State of the game

I just logged into this game for the first time in a long while, just to see what's been going on and where everyone is at. It's quite sad.

There are currently 3 players in Farcrag Castle, including myself. 3. In all of the zones combined I counted approximately 14 players online. I understand that this game is largely about logging in to kill a boss and then logging out, but I've never seen it so empty. How have the devs still never considered a server merge and/or server transfer yet? Large PC MMOS have merged their servers time and time again, why is Celtic Heroes any different? Market prices? Plat? "Dominant clans"? I mean if you think about the health of the game, none of that stuff means anything as in the long run everything balances out. No one world is so wildly different than others to where any of this even matters, as all worlds were released at the same time.

Speaking of "dominant clans", has OTM/VR ever considered that this specific situation is terrible game design? I mean, one group of players running an entire server sounds interesting on paper sure; You have the alpha group controlling everything, but since there are so many bosses, other groups can pick up where the main group got lazy and eventually even compete for the highest tier. Problem is, there isn't enough players to keep up with that. Problem is, bosses spawn so infrequently that there are no gaps to allow for a smaller group to take a big win while the bigger group is doing something else. Problem, is after years of this, the big group is so fed that the little groups can't even dream of competing. Huge groups are still turning up to Snorri and its almost 2021. Marking almost 7 years of camping one boss so integral to the progression of someone's character. Can everyone here reading just take a step back and read this out loud?

"Huge groups are still turning up to Snorri and its almost 2021. Marking almost 7 years of camping one boss so integral to the progression of someone's character."

Wow.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for someone who has been playing since 2014 and STILL does not have the items they need. To turn up to that boss every 1:30 on the dot and wait, only to be outclassed by someone with years of power-creep ahead of them. How would a new player come into the game react to news like that? Would they be excited to hear that? I think they would shut the game off and uninstall, let me know what you think.

Speaking of 1:30. Why are bosses still spawning so infrequently? Especially bosses from years(expansions?) past. As new gear comes in, old gear gets phased out. That's standard practice on any MMO, especially one with this design. So why are old items still unobtainable for the average player? I have heard many times that devs can't keep up with creating content to satisfy players and I get that, its on every game. The strangest part about this is that even though content comes out so slowly, players still aren't finished with the old bosses even years after their release. Why? The timing of bosses, the tiers of bosses, the tiers of loot, the amount of loot. These are all factors that keep even the most dedicated players back for months/years even if for the most part, completely uncontested in collecting the loot from these bosses. So what is the logic in keeping those smaller groups and those newer players permanently locked in low tier content given the previous statement? Wouldn't it be more fun and exciting for everyone involved if players were more up to speed on the development of the game in a more reasonable time frame and were then able to compete on some of the most recent patches rather than 7 year old content? Not like the devs need to push the content out any faster still. Considering what I said previously about top clans still farming bosses after years uncontested, if they have to compete with the current tier then they have even less loot to get. Arguably delaying the need for newer content development even more than currently.

Where is the PvP balance patch?

I don't want this to seem like a "this game is dying" post, because we all know this game has been slowly losing players over the past few years and is at a point where it has its dedicated playerbase and some new players who come and go. I don't think its dying any more than it was years ago. This game can survive off a few hundred players just like many other games like it and will only shut down when the devs decide they don't care for it anymore. With that said, I loved this game and I had a lot of fun on it and I would love to be able to get back into it and play casually, but when I think about these issues I just lose all those feelings. I want to see a bunch of people running around everywhere, I want to see people in all different clans be competitive, I want to see people showing off their best loot and fashion in the main hub, I want to be able to log in and play whenever I feel like it and not when a timer tells me to log in.

I want everyone reading this to think about what they are doing on the game? Why are they logging in every day? What makes this game fun to you? What makes this game frustrating for you? Do you agree or disagree with anything I've wrote. I took the time to present my thoughts in detail here, and I hope to get more than just "he's mad he can't get loot". Please remember that this is a game and games are for all who play them to have fun. I hope you can just separate whatever negative thought along those lines you may have about people who post stuff like this because it's not about me or them. Just think for yourself.

Is this really the game you loved playing?

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Re: State of the game

Agreed. Quite simply, merge the damn servers already. Why am I on a server with 20 people on at any given time. What is the point, where is the community. Merge these dry ass desert ass dead servers already, you have a very small playerbase, there is no need for so many servers. Also, enough with the "Placeholder" bosses bs, stop wasting our time - we already have to wait 1:30 for a spawn, and then the possibility of a 4 star or less spawning is ridiculous. I get it though; from the devs' perspective, that is "content" - waiting and praying for a 6 star, then praying that the boss drops the drop you need, and then praying once more that the item is given/won to you. This keeps the devs from having to actually push out worthwhile content - the Carrowmore update highlights this Waiting-and-Praying system immaculately. Also, the design around doing "dailies" aka bounties is a game-killer on its own. The game feels like a job, a chore, logging in daily to get a measly token to hopefully one day in 2 months have a mount that GIVES ME STAT BOOSTS. Or maybe I can just spend thousands of dollars on plat instead and buy chests, and hope I get 6 eggs for the max level "phoenix" pet, and acquire Mount Tokens so I don't have to do boring cookie-cutter daily quests to get one piece out of 100s of pieces of a puzzle. Also, I don't know who is designing these new fashion sets, but they are absolutely, abhorrently, im being brutally honest here - DISGUSTING. Put some effort into your fashion, thats the least you can do, and redesign the content you already have to be FUN - not a CHORE - FUN. Matter of fact, I would prefer the devs focus on fixing the current game structure than adding any more updates like the latest update, Plants Vs. Zombies. Reward players who are SKILLFUL - Remove this dogshit overused game design of "I log in more, I clock in more hours, I win haha, I also have a fatter wallet so I have better stats than you lmao". I will leave you with this; the Otherworld update was the peak of this game - before the engine update.

I am Adelobe, I am rogue!

"he's mad he can't get loot".
I never do these quest because i dont care about loot, i just play.

Agreed. Quite simply, merge the damn servers already. Merge these dry ass desert ass dead servers already, you have a very small playerbase, there is no need for so many servers. Also, enough with the "Placeholder" bosses bs, stop wasting our time - we already have to wait 1:30 for a spawn, and then the possibility of a 4 star or less spawning is ridiculous.
If Devs merge servers, you will have a less chance of getting boss drops, because 2 Dom clans will fight in a boss. The more players in a server, the less chance of getting boss drop because of competition. If players dont get the boss drop, they got mad, angry, rage, cry like a baby and quit. And if players quit the game will die.

Please remember that this is a game
Your right, its just a game.
If youre not happy in Celtic Heroes, play other games. Dont stick on one game.

Im playing Celtic Heroes and Final Fantasy XIV Online
If i got bored in Celtic Heroes because of lags and bots, i just switch to Final Fantasy XIV Online. I never experienced lags in Final Fantasy XIV Online.

Theres a lot of good games like Final Fantasy 14, World of Warcraft ( i try this if i got bored in Final Fantasy 14), or Warhammer Oddyssey ( Celtic Heroes 2) :lol:

So dont stick on one game, play other games.
Theres a lot of good games out there, theyre just waiting for you to be discovered.
Name - Lazy Boy
Class - Rogue
Level - 160
Clan - Just Play and Enjoy
Server - Epona
September, 2020

VR are busy with their new game for now, itd be pretty dumb of them if they aren't heavily considering server merges at the very least so it's likely they just don't have the resources to put into developing it at the moment. Which is pretty much the reason why all those problems you listed don't get changed, takes too long with the little resources and time they devote to ch. In over a year we have little to none new content other than new fashion and premium pets.
Pretty much lost all my hope for the game a long while ago and best case scenario I see is once warhammer odyssey is in a good place and they can devote more resources to ch again, they merge servers and keep the game on life support with little updates until its not feasible anymore.
I hope I'm wrong and the game will make a comeback but after so long of going downhill I just don't see it
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

"he's mad he can't get loot".
I never do these quest because i dont care about loot, i just play.

Agreed. Quite simply, merge the damn servers already. Merge these dry ass desert ass dead servers already, you have a very small playerbase, there is no need for so many servers. Also, enough with the "Placeholder" bosses bs, stop wasting our time - we already have to wait 1:30 for a spawn, and then the possibility of a 4 star or less spawning is ridiculous.
If Devs merge servers, you will have a less chance of getting boss drops, because 2 Dom clans will fight in a boss. The more players in a server, the less chance of getting boss drop because of competition. If players dont get the boss drop, they got mad, angry, rage, cry like a baby and quit. And if players quit the game will die.

Please remember that this is a game
Your right, its just a game.
If youre not happy in Celtic Heroes, play other games. Dont stick on one game.

Im playing Celtic Heroes and Final Fantasy XIV Online
If i got bored in Celtic Heroes because of lags and bots, i just switch to Final Fantasy XIV Online. I never experienced lags in Final Fantasy XIV Online.

Theres a lot of good games like Final Fantasy 14, World of Warcraft ( i try this if i got bored in Final Fantasy 14), or Warhammer Oddyssey ( Celtic Heroes 2) :lol:

So dont stick on one game, play other games.
Theres a lot of good games out there, theyre just waiting for you to be discovered.
What game is that last ss? can you send me a link

Speaking of "dominant clans", has OTM/VR ever considered that this specific situation is terrible game design? I mean, one group of players running an entire server sounds interesting on paper sure; You have the alpha group controlling everything, but since there are so many bosses, other groups can pick up where the main group got lazy and eventually even compete for the highest tier. Problem is, there isn't enough players to keep up with that. Problem is, bosses spawn so infrequently that there are no gaps to allow for a smaller group to take a big win while the bigger group is doing something else. Problem, is after years of this, the big group is so fed that the little groups can't even dream of competing. Huge groups are still turning up to Snorri and its almost 2021. Marking almost 7 years of camping one boss so integral to the progression of someone's character. Can everyone here reading just take a step back and read this out loud?

"Huge groups are still turning up to Snorri and its almost 2021. Marking almost 7 years of camping one boss so integral to the progression of someone's character."

Wow.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for someone who has been playing since 2014 and STILL does not have the items they need. To turn up to that boss every 1:30 on the dot and wait, only to be outclassed by someone with years of power-creep ahead of them. How would a new player come into the game react to news like that? Would they be excited to hear that? I think they would shut the game off and uninstall, let me know what you think.

Speaking of 1:30. Why are bosses still spawning so infrequently? Especially bosses from years(expansions?) past. As new gear comes in, old gear gets phased out. That's standard practice on any MMO, especially one with this design. So why are old items still unobtainable for the average player? I have heard many times that devs can't keep up with creating content to satisfy players and I get that, its on every game. The strangest part about this is that even though content comes out so slowly, players still aren't finished with the old bosses even years after their release. Why? The timing of bosses, the tiers of bosses, the tiers of loot, the amount of loot. These are all factors that keep even the most dedicated players back for months/years even if for the most part, completely uncontested in collecting the loot from these bosses. So what is the logic in keeping those smaller groups and those newer players permanently locked in low tier content given the previous statement? Wouldn't it be more fun and exciting for everyone involved if players were more up to speed on the development of the game in a more reasonable time frame and were then able to compete on some of the most recent patches rather than 7 year old content? Not like the devs need to push the content out any faster still. Considering what I said previously about top clans still farming bosses after years uncontested, if they have to compete with the current tier then they have even less loot to get. Arguably delaying the need for newer content development even more than currently.
Is this really the game you loved playing?
I completely agree. As someone who has been playing since 2011 and never been in a dom clan, it is ridiculous how hard it is still to get some much needed gear such as dl. Took 6 or 7 years to get my dl rogue weps (only got this year). I had my lock rogue as a main for most of those years as there was no point in lvling to edl/eg lvl where we had no lock lvl advantage or chance of edl gear (only lvled my first edl lvl toon maybe 2 years ago).
I have held down timers for years on end, sometimes holding them down till 3 or 4am for our stronger timezone to wake up and take over. I have had 4-7 devices logged at once at different bosses to keep all timers for the hope the dom clan slips and forgets to show up to a boss.
Drop rate is still horrible for some items and even worse unox 6 doesnt even have a guaranteed drop of a rune. My alliance got more runes from unox 4* then we got from 6* not that we locked that many 6* anyways.
With how advanced gear has gotten, hrun and dl was rlly the only area we as the non dom clans could compete in. Got bad enough that the dom clan was roasting us over how lvl lock would no longer save us at mordy when our A team of hotswapping mordy lockers consisting of full dl wep rogues some bane spears blood rings and even multiple with lvl 5 poison dragon could no longer beat a 220 group consisting of dg toons and bt dagger rings.
Also crazy for otm/vr to create a system where the only way for non dom clans to catch up was through a few years of taking whatever dom clan left up. Not that that wouldve worked for us anyways. Even if we managed to somehow consistently win at mord and necro, the best necro and mord gear wouldnt have allowed us to compete against dg and bt gear if we moved up to prot or gele.
Theres a lack of new players coming into the game from what i can see, and for the ones that do they dont see much reason to go through the hardship of being in nondom clans when they can have it easier in the dom clan. Some people even join nondom clans solely to get dl gear first before moving to the dom clan which only hurts us more.

Anyways rant over, I already quit ch recently after about 9 years to focus on other things. The lack of content and involvement/interactions with the playerbase from the staff members after otm team were no longer part of the game, and the monopolization of servers made leaving game a much easier choice. For the last few years my ch friends was the only reason I stuck around game but just doesnt seem worth anymore with all the other problems. I am still friends with them and maintaining in contact out of game so logging everyday for an endless grind is behind me

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com

0w0 ty sir
Youre welcome. Try it and im sure you like it.

I really love it because Final Fantasy XIV Online community are friendly.
Last edited by lazy boy on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name - Lazy Boy
Class - Rogue
Level - 160
Clan - Just Play and Enjoy
Server - Epona
September, 2020

I want everyone reading this to think about what they are doing on the game? Why are they logging in every day? What makes this game fun to you? What makes this game frustrating for you? Do you agree or disagree with anything I've wrote. I took the time to present my thoughts in detail here, and I hope to get more than just "he's mad he can't get loot". Please remember that this is a game and games are for all who play them to have fun. I hope you can just separate whatever negative thought along those lines you may have about people who post stuff like this because it's not about me or them. Just think for yourself.

Is this really the game you loved playing
When I first started Celtic Heroes the funnest part was that I could level at my own pace and buy lux for my level accordingly, make friends whatever. Then it was revealed that otm would stop all events nothing new or fresh came out until bloodthorn so it got very boring. The game has changed completely ever since otm removed the wisps and changed stonevale. Its so dry these days and there's not really a way to add new lux because endgame drops now rule that department. Everyone you see is wearing the same thing from dps gear to PvP gear. Boring. You can try to have some uniqueness with ur shop lux but someone with endgame drops will stomp all over you for it. I'm not saying this should be a pay2win game but honestly the lux shops every event were so good for the game. Players had something to look forward too and farm farm farm all day long to save up to buy the set it really kept us active with the boss that came to it, and there was still a thing called balancing between the boss drops and lux. What do we got to look forward to now besides killing the same bosses we have been for a few years now, or events for killing those same bosses every 12 hours and staying stuck on the timeline restricted doch gul armour. It's just dry cause we only have a small number of things to focus on in my opinion such as the things I just mentioned. Now that this is out of the way. For your questions
what are they doing on the game?
I log for about 2 hrs a day to kill a boss or two farm gold or PvP, occasionally when a endgame is called I'll show up for the dkp.
I log in everyday cause I still like the game even though all my friends quit or moved to another better server and usually have nothing better to do than log in and run around IG.
What makes the game fun is couple things
You can switch to different gear in between attacks to be stronger I never seen a game where this was possible
You can go lone wolf to an extent if you want to do so play the game for what it literally was designed as which is to have a storyline that I highly doubt anyone actually played through lol.
Difficult bosses with interesting mechanics the players must work around to defeat. A longer list would be what used to make it fun to me tbh lol.
Its frustrating that rogues are supposed to be the top dps class but get screwed over every single boss release. That the drop rates are so low for the best items of their time got outdated before they had a chance to drop even once in every server. Its kinda like we're walking and stepping all over each other to be the best but we still are forced to work together in groups to keep killing the boss while 1 lucky guy/girl has a way easier time at the raid with little benefit or progression to making the raid any easier for everyone.
I'd be happier with one time server transfer than a merge. For a very short amount of time you could pick anywhere you would like to stay from then on into forever would result in some dead servers becoming more dead but maybe that would be a good thing depends how u look at it.
The statement about Dom clans winning all the bosses because its not spawning often enough
I can agree with this bosses spawn every couple days so the Dom can monopolize it indefinitely unless a carnage event or something of the sort is in effect. If it spawned faster the Dom clan wouldn't be able to hog it so easily without burning out. This would be a 3 bird 1 stone scenario
1. Give the underdogs a better chance to enjoy the games endgame features as well
2. More spawns means more drops which means low drop rates are understandable
3. Helps everyone get caught up and on the same page since it is old content and doesn't represent anything but a fork in the road now that it has no fun in it. It's time has passed, gotta move on sometime otherwise it will stay the same people playing forever who are already here now.
It hasn't been the game I loved since events were stopped and endgame kills became your storyline rather than being a game you play at your own pace. So no its not I miss 2012-2016 Celtic Heroes