Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dear developers, Epona needs help

Creating new servers seems like a terrible idea to me - one of the biggest complaints that the playerbase has is that there are too many servers already, adding more would only make it worse. Adding items that are exclusive to only certain servers would also be a pretty bad idea - it's not fair to any existing players, and since server transferring is not encouraged/supported by VR, they likely wouldn't add anything to encourage it.

The easiest solution in my opinion is to get another server to adopt a gearing strategy similar to Epona's. In fact, I believe there are already a few servers that use rolling as the primary means of distributing the drops. Once there is another server that is centered primarily on dicing for drops, then it's simply a matter of getting the word out there....the only problem is that the server would be competing against Epona, which gets way overhyped.

VR can't really (and definitely shouldn't imo) step in - the game is set up for players to do with it what they will, and therefore you need to convince the players to change their ways...trying to get VR to force players to change is only going to make more people unhappy. Players use DKP systems because it's either what they prefer, are used to, or are simply stuck with. In the first case, you will have to work hard to convince people to change their ways. In the second case, you just have to show them that a "free" server is better (which mostly depends on how casual they are - in my experience, hardcore/dedicated gamers tend to prefer DKP because they can guarantee gear for themselves).

In the end, the players are the only ones who can really change a server - the problem is that no one wants to...everyone would rather abandon ship for Epona rather than trying to put in the effort to make it work on their own server.

We dont wanna change the server, our problem is, that this server is so great, that all want to join, so what should we do? make it bad to make player quit, that would be idiotic for epona a n d VR ... the only way i see is, that VR makes other server more interesting or that they close the door to epona for any new account .... but this wont help the balancing for other server as well.
Also i thought ist could help to make 2-3 new server to get player from dead server and maybe even from the overpopulated epona there, with all gear and make game more exciting for them, this way they could even close some dead worlds....
No, don't change Epona - pick another server to move from Epona to, and try to change that to be like Epona. VR can't really do anything about it - the players are the ones who made Epona the way it is, likewise the players are the ones who made all the other servers the way they are now. VR can't "make other servers more interesting", because it would upset game balance, and wouldn't really guarantee any changes.

Making new servers and closing "dead" servers doesn't make any sense - the end result would be the same, though players would be shuffled around unwillingly, which is a bad idea. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be forcibly moved from Epona to another server against your will? Neither would pretty much any player on other servers.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Even restricting the account creation will only make a slight different and that’s months or like years down the line. If you stop people making accounts there is still a massive number of people still playing daily in epona, the 100 people at gele/bt won’t change, and will only decrease when people start to leave/get bored. There are still a lot of players in epona below end game levels, all it takes is them levelling to 220, and even with restricting account creation it could rise to 120-150 people
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger

Make every zone cross server and PvP enabled.
+1
No, that'd be ridiculous.
What you do is make a radius around every oven a pvp zone. New event idea "King of the Cooks". (additional bonus is you get to see how well the tavern operates under an intense load)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Epona and it’s players got exactly what it asked for.. for about 2-3 years on these forums and on other out of game chats nobody could criticize epona or the “rolling” system without instantly being ostracized.. on top of that all other servers that don’t use the server wide “rolling system” were deemed evil, unbearable And all kinds of unfathomable.. well now epona got exactly what it wished for.. good luck rolling for 4-5 drops when 100+ players show up to every raid.. don’t look for developers to fix your problems, you made your own issues now deal with it yourselves and change your system.. it’s not up to the game developers to make things fit just right for one server when we have multiple who are doing just fine..

Creating new servers seems like a terrible idea to me - one of the biggest complaints that the playerbase has is that there are too many servers already, adding more would only make it worse. Adding items that are exclusive to only certain servers would also be a pretty bad idea - it's not fair to any existing players, and since server transferring is not encouraged/supported by VR, they likely wouldn't add anything to encourage it.

The easiest solution in my opinion is to get another server to adopt a gearing strategy similar to Epona's. In fact, I believe there are already a few servers that use rolling as the primary means of distributing the drops. Once there is another server that is centered primarily on dicing for drops, then it's simply a matter of getting the word out there....the only problem is that the server would be competing against Epona, which gets way overhyped.

VR can't really (and definitely shouldn't imo) step in - the game is set up for players to do with it what they will, and therefore you need to convince the players to change their ways...trying to get VR to force players to change is only going to make more people unhappy. Players use DKP systems because it's either what they prefer, are used to, or are simply stuck with. In the first case, you will have to work hard to convince people to change their ways. In the second case, you just have to show them that a "free" server is better (which mostly depends on how casual they are - in my experience, hardcore/dedicated gamers tend to prefer DKP because they can guarantee gear for themselves).

In the end, the players are the only ones who can really change a server - the problem is that no one wants to...everyone would rather abandon ship for Epona rather than trying to put in the effort to make it work on their own server.

We dont wanna change the server, our problem is, that this server is so great, that all want to join, so what should we do? make it bad to make player quit, that would be idiotic for epona a n d VR ... the only way i see is, that VR makes other server more interesting or that they close the door to epona for any new account .... but this wont help the balancing for other server as well.
Also i thought ist could help to make 2-3 new server to get player from dead server and maybe even from the overpopulated epona there, with all gear and make game more exciting for them, this way they could even close some dead worlds....
No, don't change Epona - pick another server to move from Epona to, and try to change that to be like Epona. VR can't really do anything about it - the players are the ones who made Epona the way it is, likewise the players are the ones who made all the other servers the way they are now. VR can't "make other servers more interesting", because it would upset game balance, and wouldn't really guarantee any changes.

Making new servers and closing "dead" servers doesn't make any sense - the end result would be the same, though players would be shuffled around unwillingly, which is a bad idea. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be forcibly moved from Epona to another server against your will? Neither would pretty much any player on other servers.
ofc VR can do something, only VR can help here, we cant stop people from joining epona, we dont exclude people from rolls and we cant do anything to make the other server more interesting, only VR can help here. And its easy to create a new server its easy to give people a chance to move there with all gear and start new without a dom clan and than they all will have a chance to start a server with a system like eponas ....... so at the end its not a question if they c a n its more a question if they want ......
World: Epona, Clan: Avallach
xlittlejox, rogue lvl 236,
xlittlejohnx, druid lvl 227,
xlittlejackx, warrior lvl 227,
xlittlejanex, mage lvl 227,
CERNUNN0S, ranger lvl 227 ... and a few more

Epona and it’s players got exactly what it asked for.. for about 2-3 years on these forums and on other out of game chats nobody could criticize epona or the “rolling” system without instantly being ostracized.. on top of that all other servers that don’t use the server wide “rolling system” were deemed evil, unbearable And all kinds of unfathomable.. well now epona got exactly what it wished for.. good luck rolling for 4-5 drops when 100+ players show up to every raid.. don’t look for developers to fix your problems, you made your own issues now deal with it yourselves and change your system.. it’s not up to the game developers to make things fit just right for one server when we have multiple who are doing just fine..
sry, but its absolutely cynical to tell us „you made a great and fair system player like, now deal with it, that all want to play there“... we dont hv to deal with our problem, we hv to deal with the problem that the other server went dom, lots doesnt like and go there, where they can play free ....
World: Epona, Clan: Avallach
xlittlejox, rogue lvl 236,
xlittlejohnx, druid lvl 227,
xlittlejackx, warrior lvl 227,
xlittlejanex, mage lvl 227,
CERNUNN0S, ranger lvl 227 ... and a few more