Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Permanent xp increase to help attract new players?

Leveling is easy if you use your head. Also, if you take the current plat price of combos and work that out to a dollar value you'll likely have a heart attack if you have a mortgage to worry about. Making new lix with higher cost is a bad idea. Just git gud and follow the leveling guides. Most are pretty much spot on. If you're in the "wrong" area you'll get less xp for killing the same lvl mob as you would in the area your level was designed to be at. Big differences can be seen just by going 1 room over. It's also even easier now with all the op food options. 7k dmg just from a noob lvl bara is amazing. Ofc a lvling toon won't likely see those numbers but they'll definitely see something.
Food hardly helps with the hours of mindless lixing you still need to do lol. Not to mention how expensive cooking gets in the later levels with almost no gold return unless if you sell baras which goes against the whole point of you cooking them to use them lol. Also they disappear when you die which will happen a lot. The problem isn’t so much of the difficulty of it but instead how much time it takes. Leveling itself is easy unless if you’re going up against 4* op mobs or getting ganged up on by multiple mobs.
If time is a problem then you should probably play something besides an mmo. If dying a lot is an issue i might suggest git gud. If you want stuff free or cheap then idk what to tell you. Assgasorgrass nobody rides for free
Time is a problem for many people because it’s a mobile MMO, not a sit down and play for hours MMO that you find on PC or console. People play mobile games because, well, it’s mobile lol. Can play anywhere at anytime, but that also means people who can’t invest that much time into sitting down to play on consoles or PCs will pick up this game.

There is literally no way to “git gud” at leveling. I’ve used far above average gear and used a good lixing build, planned out my lixing routes before I lixed, avoided being double teamed by staying aware of my surroundings, and I pick and choose carefully what mobs to attack... I’m still left there having to resto spam just to stay alive because many mobs deal way too much damage and/or have too much hp. Mind you that’s also while on a combo. If you want decent amounts of xp and if you want to gain a level in a decent amount of time then you’re forced to resto spam and lix solo, as that will earn you the most efficient exp (grouping up actually slowed down my xp gains by quite a bit). Not many newer players have the luxury to get thousands of resto pots or 500+ of each sigil.

If you’re going to sit there and deny that it’s an issue after everything I’ve said then I don’t know what to tell you lmao. Nobody is asking for a free ride, they just want leveling to be actually an enjoyable experience. I personally have no problems with the amount of resources it takes to get to endgame, I’m rich af lol, but I understand how hard it is for newer players or players who don’t have access to the resources many veteran players have and I don’t blame any of them for wanting to quit the game because of how bad the leveling grind is, because it sucks. It’s about perspective. Just because you don’t have issues with it because you’re so well off or are already at endgame doesn’t mean that others don’t have issues with it as well. The game is a lot bigger than just you.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

This should have been sorted a long time ago. The xp system in this game is broken no matter what people like Sgt and Bob say yes if your a gen in a corrupt clan and u can steal gear to level yourself with best stats or get powered and are willing to spend about 3 days none stop leveling you can get 220 pretty quick but 98% of players don't wanna do that especially when the endgame is just another grind. Sgt you barley even play the game anymore not to mention you suck at it try leveling a toon on a new server with no help whatsoever and come tell us how easy it is I agree completely with Zkills the XP system needs to be fixed before the game dies (so far it will be sooner rather than later)
#NerfDruids #BuffRangers

Wut ._.
It took me like 3 weeks from 1-220... and this was lvling with krums and he would never be on when i wanted to Lix :cry:

I just don’t see a need for this
You’re also a veteran player who most likely knows all of the tricks to leveling with a large abundance of resources and gear... stuff newer players don’t have lol. This thread is mostly talking about newer players or people who don’t have the time or don’t want to spend the time to get to 220 in 3 weeks because of how bad the grind is lol.
Yeah @.@ i actually just got my ranger to endgame in 6 weeks myself, but i also spent 100s of $ to do so.

Most casual players wouldnt be willing to fork up that much cash on a game they could quit in a few weeks p: most new players ive met dont even know what lixs are and think they need to make gold before they level.

Personally if it stopped at carrow i wouldnt think it was that bad, but tower is a whole other grind. Ive always hated it
Ya I knew the tricks (I also have them all written up in my fire mage guide here), but I was starting from scratch on a brand new server with no resources. I eventually got some small xfers, but for the most part I was just going by what I could farm/get people to give me out of pity :lol:

A casual player should be able to get from 1-220 in maybe 2 to 3 months leveling at a casual but somewhat steady pace. In my book anyways that’s reasonable, especially since for the most part people that do get to 220, get to 220 in under 2 months, including absolute new players.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

A casual player should be able to get from 1-220 in maybe 2 to 3 months leveling at a casual but somewhat steady pace. In my book anyways that’s reasonable, especially since for the most part people that do get to 220, get to 220 in under 2 months, including absolute new players.
Yes they could get to 220 in 2 to 3 months of steady daily or every other day lixing, but a majority of players don’t because leveling is boring and annoying. Many people, myself included, would rather spend our free time elsewhere on something that would actually be fun and worthwhile. A normal casual player will realize how boring leveling is really fast, and then they’ll look ahead and see the nonstop complaining from the endgame community or they’ll see how people have turned endgame into a part time job, and then they’ll think what’s even the point then if they won’t have any real fun and will just end up being sucked into an addiction if they pursue the part time job known as endgame?
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge