Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server Transfer

#1
@Difinitus
Something that VR should strongly consider.
It gives people the opportunity to move their toon and gear to a different server if they feel uncomfortable in their current server, rather than quitting.
It could also help balance servers out. People might move from overpopulated servers to less populated ones if they prefer so.
People that have quit in one server for whatever reason might return to the game if they're able to move to another server.
In the end it would just really motivate the entire community and therefore VR would have a dramatically higher income as people would be more willing to invest into the game again.

To wipe out the negative aspect of people hopping from server to server:
- Don't allow more than 1 server transfer every 2 months
- Make the transfer purchasable instead of free (Extra cash, I know you like that)
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 225 rogue
MF, 224 mage
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

Re: Server Transfer

#2
This is something that they have considered (I can't tell you how strongly) many times over the years. There are definitely many pros/cons to implementing server transfers, ranging anywhere from server economy issues to scammers.

The balance aspect is a good example of something that can easily swing in either direction - yes, players on an overpopulated server could easily move to a quieter one to try and bring it back to activity, but based on what I've seen on the forums, there would be more players fleeing the so called "dead" servers. If that were to happen, it would likely overpopulate certain servers even more, overall making the game worse for both servers involved in the transfer.

Yes, some players would probably come back to the game if they had the opportunity to leave/escape their server (regardless of the reason why they left, both good and bad people). However, there could also be a bunch of players that leave the game because other players are transferring to/away from their server, and they don't want to fork over the money to transfer themselves. If you have 10 highly active endgame players in your clan, and 5 of them leave for other servers, and more endgame players transfer into your server to set up a competitive clan, that would be very disheartening for a lot of players.


The two month limit and a hefty price would be good limiters, I agree - but the question of whether the limits are worth the implementation still remains.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Server Transfer

#3
Two months is way too short. Needs to be somewhere from six months to a year. It should be so expensive to move that if a scammer were to move places, supposedly the items he scammed would all be spent up in the cost it took to transfer. I would say 100$ is perfectly fine since if you want to leave bad enough, you’ll pay that amount. I know I would with some accounts I would never play ever again on.
An account with a bad record cannot be transferred. That means any warnings issued or suspicious activity VR deems unacceptable.
Character needs to be 1 year old to be moved. This prevents the rookie scammers from moving their spoils to another server.
Account requires a history of platinum purchases of over 100 dollars.
Account needs to be above level 200 to be moved.
This next idea will surely not be a favorite one but, certain servers could possibly be off-limits from people transferring out of. This depends on how active a server is deemed to be. A server that is very active cannot be transferring into and a server that is dead cannot be transferred out of. This would encourage people who want to escape from a server with a toxic environment to leave but prevent from increased overpopulation and from killing off dead servers even more.
I am sure VR has the tools needed and statistics to determine which servers are what.
Quest items like DL, EDL, and DG items etc. cannot be brought over. Gold cannot be brought over. Only the gear you’re currently wearing plus 50 items can be brought over. Max of 500 plat items of each type can be brought over. (Idols and restorations being an exception which can be 5k each item) (quest armor and bound items do not count). This prevents one person from transferring over a fudge load of items including other people’s items to a different server thus ruining the economy.
I believe with these, yes, heavy restrictions in place, this would prevent your normal, average scammer from escaping a server since by then this account would have so much investment in it that it would be a waste to scam. This should bring economy destruction to a minimum. (Besides VR is already doing that for us by bringing all legacy items back) Its so strict in fact that most of you will disagree and try to remove some requirements but if these requirements are what it takes to have them do it, then its better than nothing.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Re: Server Transfer

#4
Ash A wrote:Two months is way too short. Needs to be somewhere from six months to a year. It should be so expensive to move that if a scammer were to move places, supposedly the items he scammed would all be spent up in the cost it took to transfer. I would say 100$ is perfectly fine since if you want to leave bad enough, you’ll pay that amount. I know I would with some accounts I would never play ever again on.
An account with a bad record cannot be transferred. That means any warnings issued or suspicious activity VR deems unacceptable.
Character needs to be 1 year old to be moved. This prevents the rookie scammers from moving their spoils to another server.
Account requires a history of platinum purchases of over 100 dollars.
Account needs to be above level 200 to be moved.
This next idea will surely not be a favorite one but, certain servers could possibly be off-limits from people transferring out of. This depends on how active a server is deemed to be. A server that is very active cannot be transferring into and a server that is dead cannot be transferred out of. This would encourage people who want to escape from a server with a toxic environment to leave but prevent from increased overpopulation and from killing off dead servers even more.
I am sure VR has the tools needed and statistics to determine which servers are what.
Quest items like DL, EDL, and DG items etc. cannot be brought over. Gold cannot be brought over. Only the gear you’re currently wearing plus 50 items can be brought over. Max of 500 plat items of each type can be brought over. (Idols and restorations being an exception which can be 5k each item) (quest armor and bound items do not count). This prevents one person from transferring over a fudge load of items including other people’s items to a different server thus ruining the economy.
I believe with these, yes, heavy restrictions in place, this would prevent your normal, average scammer from escaping a server since by then this account would have so much investment in it that it would be a waste to scam. This should bring economy destruction to a minimum. (Besides VR is already doing that for us by bringing all legacy items back) Its so strict in fact that most of you will disagree and try to remove some requirements but if these requirements are what it takes to have them do it, then its better than nothing.


All this just insane.

Re: Server Transfer

#5
Miakoda wrote:
Ash A wrote:Two months is way too short. Needs to be somewhere from six months to a year. It should be so expensive to move that if a scammer were to move places, supposedly the items he scammed would all be spent up in the cost it took to transfer. I would say 100$ is perfectly fine since if you want to leave bad enough, you’ll pay that amount. I know I would with some accounts I would never play ever again on.
An account with a bad record cannot be transferred. That means any warnings issued or suspicious activity VR deems unacceptable.
Character needs to be 1 year old to be moved. This prevents the rookie scammers from moving their spoils to another server.
Account requires a history of platinum purchases of over 100 dollars.
Account needs to be above level 200 to be moved.
This next idea will surely not be a favorite one but, certain servers could possibly be off-limits from people transferring out of. This depends on how active a server is deemed to be. A server that is very active cannot be transferring into and a server that is dead cannot be transferred out of. This would encourage people who want to escape from a server with a toxic environment to leave but prevent from increased overpopulation and from killing off dead servers even more.
I am sure VR has the tools needed and statistics to determine which servers are what.
Quest items like DL, EDL, and DG items etc. cannot be brought over. Gold cannot be brought over. Only the gear you’re currently wearing plus 50 items can be brought over. Max of 500 plat items of each type can be brought over. (Idols and restorations being an exception which can be 5k each item) (quest armor and bound items do not count). This prevents one person from transferring over a fudge load of items including other people’s items to a different server thus ruining the economy.
I believe with these, yes, heavy restrictions in place, this would prevent your normal, average scammer from escaping a server since by then this account would have so much investment in it that it would be a waste to scam. This should bring economy destruction to a minimum. (Besides VR is already doing that for us by bringing all legacy items back) Its so strict in fact that most of you will disagree and try to remove some requirements but if these requirements are what it takes to have them do it, then its better than nothing.


All this just insane.

yeah wtf is this person talking about

Re: Server Transfer

#6
Ash A wrote:Two months is way too short. Needs to be somewhere from six months to a year. It should be so expensive to move that if a scammer were to move places, supposedly the items he scammed would all be spent up in the cost it took to transfer. I would say 100$ is perfectly fine since if you want to leave bad enough, you’ll pay that amount. I know I would with some accounts I would never play ever again on.
An account with a bad record cannot be transferred. That means any warnings issued or suspicious activity VR deems unacceptable.
Character needs to be 1 year old to be moved. This prevents the rookie scammers from moving their spoils to another server.
Account requires a history of platinum purchases of over 100 dollars.
Account needs to be above level 200 to be moved.
This next idea will surely not be a favorite one but, certain servers could possibly be off-limits from people transferring out of. This depends on how active a server is deemed to be. A server that is very active cannot be transferring into and a server that is dead cannot be transferred out of. This would encourage people who want to escape from a server with a toxic environment to leave but prevent from increased overpopulation and from killing off dead servers even more.
I am sure VR has the tools needed and statistics to determine which servers are what.
Quest items like DL, EDL, and DG items etc. cannot be brought over. Gold cannot be brought over. Only the gear you’re currently wearing plus 50 items can be brought over. Max of 500 plat items of each type can be brought over. (Idols and restorations being an exception which can be 5k each item) (quest armor and bound items do not count). This prevents one person from transferring over a fudge load of items including other people’s items to a different server thus ruining the economy.
I believe with these, yes, heavy restrictions in place, this would prevent your normal, average scammer from escaping a server since by then this account would have so much investment in it that it would be a waste to scam. This should bring economy destruction to a minimum. (Besides VR is already doing that for us by bringing all legacy items back) Its so strict in fact that most of you will disagree and try to remove some requirements but if these requirements are what it takes to have them do it, then its better than nothing.

Hmm, some reasonable limitations given the stakes, but a few things out of this might be a bit much.
I don't know about a year, but 2 months might be a bit too short for the initial move (see below*)
Definitely agree with clean history as well, but there is the common sense caveat here as well.
Character age requirement makes sense, but again, a year feels too long. Perhaps six months (a reasonable amount of time for even the most motivated people to level to endgame and realize they're stuck). (*then perhaps 2 months for subsequent transfers; don't need the full time to level, just time to get to know the people/environment)
Requiring $100 purchasing history as well as a $100 purchase might be slightly excessive. Making it a significant platinum purchase alone (4k has been mentioned before I believe), might be enough.
Ennh, maybe 150/180 on the level requirement (tower leveling is relatively miserable, don't make that a barrier lol). Do agree that there should be a moderate level requirement if any items are attached to the toon to prevent muling.
I'm not sure on the items; armor is one of the things that makes the most sense to bring over, whereas I feel plat items should be restricted more. You could go on and on making categories of what should and shouldn't move around, but the consensus feels like "some, but not a lot, particularly unique items".

Not saying I entirely support transfers, but they're beginning to feel like an inevitability from what people are saying; the above is just a breakdown of what a reasonable set of limits would be.
anyone else getting dead horse syndrome?
Eragon wrote:...but the question of whether the limits are worth the implementation still remains.
Image

Nosy blighter, aren't ya? lol
Lugh: Pegasus, Mindreader - W, Doge Dandolo - D
CH discord CH database Bitey's Guide RIGGED: dicing hack EXPOSED

Re: Server Transfer

#7
Hello,

Please use the search function and the correct section when creating new topics of discussions on the forums.

There are numerous threads about this suggestion and we've responded repeatedly with our thoughts on the matter.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shivahh and 16 guests