Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How do you describe Celtic Heroes to others in real life?

In one sentence?

Celtic Heroes is a free, popular, mobile-only MMORPG, with a heavy social emphasis and a great community; it has a pretty large amount of content, but requires a lot of grinding to experience most of it.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I’d say, “It’s an online, free mobile role play game. It’s based on Celtic mythology and a lot of fun if you put a little effort into it.” A while ago a friend asked me about my phone’s wallpaper (a screenshot of my toon on Danu) and in that case I would go for a more casual and short explanation (like the one above). But if someone was really curious I’d go a little more into detail.
In one sentence?

Celtic Heroes is a free, popular, mobile-only MMORPG, with a heavy social emphasis and a great community; it has a pretty large amount of content, but requires a lot of grinding to experience most of it.
Rip that 10 year old :shock:
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

I’d say, “It’s an online, free mobile role play game. It’s based on Celtic mythology and a lot of fun if you put a little effort into it.” A while ago a friend asked me about my phone’s wallpaper (a screenshot of my toon on Danu) and in that case I would go for a more casual and short explanation (like the one above). But if someone was really curious I’d go a little more into detail.
In one sentence?

Rip that 10 year old :shock:
Aww no, not the 10 year old :(

It definitely depends on who I'm talking to, I suppose I probably should have mentioned that! If I'm talking to another gamer who is familiar with MMOs and how they work, I'd cut straight to the core (very grindy, but fun). If I'm talking to someone who hasn't really played many MMOs before, I'd keep it more on the easier to understand side.

A game.
Points to Kitty for the most accurate answer :lol: extra points for most obvious and most basic answer too xD
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

A pretty fun game I’ve been playing for almost 8 years.

When I tell people to try something they usually try it. Got my brother and like 3 or 4 irl friends to play this game at one point... all of which quit but me lol
Last edited by Zkills on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Um bypassing the bullying discussion for now, my description does depend upon to whom I am talking. The basic is just “an online game where I’ve spent way too much time lol” but if they’re interested I give them a description of what all I do and that either interests them or makes them go “ah... cool.” And then change the subject.

Generally I talk about the people (friends, clans, weirdos, Lava, who never seem to be offline), because, good or bad, it’s mostly about the interactions with people. I do talk about game mechanics like lore, cool gear, fun fash, etc., but in a way, that’s just the structure for the above.

Now off topic:
I am on of many “free” players, and I have never experienced any legitimate criticism or shaming because of it. Even more than the completely free players are the occasional buyers and then there are people who buy a lot consistently who I believe compose a rather small percentage of players. If anything I feel like there’s more reproach against the big buyers in the form of mockery (“1000 chests and no egg? Lolol”), jealousy, and generally giving a hard time, but nothing major generally cause they’re really the ones keeping the economy going.
Then discussing endgamers being dishonest: there are somewhat higher stakes endgame, but in most environments, if there is a single dishonest/overtly toxic player, that doesn’t fly very long amongst clans/servers. I will add the caveat that there is the potential for a corrupt system as well as a reproach associated with being in a certain clan etc that may be unwarranted, but as a whole I don’t think endgamers are inherently greedy or toxic.
All of the above to say, I don’t think it’s specifically a matter of either the free players being bullied or endgame players being explicitly toxic. As I said above, much of the game is about relationships with other players. Therefore, one needs to be aware that their outlook effects just their situation about as much as the personality of other players.
Sorry about long off topic, but I felt this was a bit pertinent to the subdiscussion.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com