Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

That’s the biggest flaw with dkp. You have two types of people in this game, those who treat it like it’s the real world and those who treat it like it’s a game... the people who treat it like it’s the real world and think this game is a part time job rack up so much dkp that the people who treat it like it’s a game have no chances of competing against those players with dkp.

It’s a game, everyone should have an equal chance of obtaining gear. That I’m sure is another reason why players leave this game because they can never get anything good, it’s not new player friendly in any way. The way drops work and how clans have built around those mechanics are largely to blame. If I were designing this game I would make it so that everyone present at the boss has a chance to obtain a drop if you meet a certain dps threshold. That would make things fun for everyone. I’ve played MMOs that use that loot system and they’re a whole lot more fun and satisfying than what is used in Celtic Heroes.

And I would not limit the drops to 3 or 4.... everyone has a certain percentage to obtain a drop of any kind, meaning 20 things could drop at once on individual players or nothing at all, although unlikely. This would ultimately get rid of competition, prevent clans from hoarding loot from the rest of the server and, yes that’s right, force players to work together... what??? Omg!!! Players actually cooperating with each other instead of constantly fighting each other?? No way! MMOs are always about players cooperating with each other, the competition is always found in the PvP... always, or atleast all of the great MMORPGs.

Quick example. There’s this MMO I started playing this winter break which is pretty fun. After a few days of grinding out bosses (it takes like an hour max to get to max level and participate in endgame content, but the drawback of that is perma death) I managed to get one of the rarest quivers in the game to drop on me which has a 0.125% chance of dropping. A veteran player who was there said he’s been looking for the quiver for months with no luck. That is what new player friendly content is. Knowing I have the same chance at obtaining loot as someone who’s been playing for years... it’s fun and its satisfying and it makes me come back for more.
If you're implying that Epona's system is any better please don't. Not even close. I've played both worlds and what I can say is at least I actually can win drops with dkp. Simple but very much needed items and easy to get for free and maybe even from clank bank for free without spending millions.
I’m basically implying that yes, Epona does it right and makes the most out of the drop mechanics. The server is wildly popular for a reason (people are actually leaving because it’s getting way too overpopulated). The problem is within the drop mechanics themselves, because 3-4 drops from a whole raid of 2-3 pages of players for any given raid is ridiculous and there’s isn’t enough to go around. Epona proves that a drop system like I explained would work and be much more popular than how things are now.

Due to the low drop amount it makes any system not work.

A common thing in Epona for people xfering is due to their toxic server's environment. (however saying you joined for easier gear is one way of not getting in a clan since apparently having gear as a priority is greedy and a big taboo) So I wouldn't say overpopulation is because of the gearing system. I have noticed they mostly come from corrupt gearing systems or servers with boss griefing.

Servers with fair systems tend to not have that many xfers. Like for example in Mabon, I don't recall anyone I know in endgame that went to Epona unless they were a reject due to their awful behavior.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

If you're implying that Epona's system is any better please don't. Not even close. I've played both worlds and what I can say is at least I actually can win drops with dkp. Simple but very much needed items and easy to get for free and maybe even from clank bank for free without spending millions.
I’m basically implying that yes, Epona does it right and makes the most out of the drop mechanics. The server is wildly popular for a reason (people are actually leaving because it’s getting way too overpopulated). The problem is within the drop mechanics themselves, because 3-4 drops from a whole raid of 2-3 pages of players for any given raid is ridiculous and there’s isn’t enough to go around. Epona proves that a drop system like I explained would work and be much more popular than how things are now.

A common thing in Epona for people xfering is due to their toxic server's environment. (however saying you joined for easier gear is one way of not getting in a clan since apparently having gear as a priority is greedy and a big taboo) So I wouldn't say overpopulation is because of the gearing system. I have noticed they mostly come from corrupt gearing systems or servers with boss griefing.
Boss griefing and corrupt gearing systems stem from servers where clans are using dkp, so it’s all related. Clans who use dkp are most likely in a server where competition is present, because dkp works best when you’re hoarding drops within your clan banks. What happens when clans decide to hoard drops? Opposition forms and creates competition because the only way to get gear is to compete against the clan attempting to hoard drops. That competition always creates toxicity, always. Competition doesn’t help in any way because now drops are being split even more so. You’re gaining nothing out of it but a toxic environment. With Epona you get none of that toxicity because you don’t need to be apart of a toxic clan to get drops, which is why people are attracted to the idea of Eponas gearing system.

The fact that players are literally fighting over drops is ridiculous, things should have never gotten to this point. Players are shooting themselves in the foot while VR stands off to the side taking no action to treat the wounds. Both sides are at fault here
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Boss griefing and corrupt gearing systems stem from servers where clans are using dkp, so it’s all related. Clans who use dkp are most likely in a server where competition is present, because dkp works best when you’re hoarding drops within your clan banks. What happens when clans decide to hoard drops? Opposition forms and creates competition because the only way to get gear is to compete against the clan attempting to hoard drops. That competition always creates toxicity, always. Competition doesn’t help in any way because now drops are being split even more so. You’re gaining nothing out of it but a toxic environment. With Epona you get none of that toxicity because you don’t need to be apart of a toxic clan to get drops, which is why people are attracted to the idea of Eponas gearing system.

The fact that players are literally fighting over drops is ridiculous, things should have never gotten to this point. Players are shooting themselves in the foot while VR stands off to the side taking no action to treat the wounds. Both sides are at fault here

Again, if you're trying to say Epona isn't toxic...no. I have been there. It has its whole new slew of drama over drops. Suspicion of other players rigging rolls, trying to start a boss as early as possible to exclude as many people as possible, never winning a roll because luck isn't on your side, manipulation and deceit and backstabbing, and favoritism from the tanks. The drops are yours but they're not really "yours" and many players will try to make you feel guilty as possible that you won and have the drop instead of them. Backstabbing, its always picking and choosing when to decide when someones gear isn't "good enough" so they can't roll or maybe they forget to put their charm back on so they try to no roll them then. Favoritism, deciding who gets to say "otw" and actually be counted. A tank of a raid can actually become a dictator quite easily. If they happen to be a chief of one of the biggest clans, try and stop them, I dare you.

One clan can sway a vote dramatically if its big enough completely ignoring the smaller clans. Most members of a clan will vote along with the chief perhaps even if they disagree. I'm not trying to say names but certain chiefs and leaders will be breathing down your neck if you vote against what they want. This shows some dom clan tenancies if it gets out of hand.

Expect a casual player to be able to afford drops since they can't win anything? Uh no.

A DKP system done right can be flawless. You have points and those points will add up and you will win a good drop no matter what eventually.

You say competing clans but don't forget servers that are completely dominate clans. In a way, I always considered Epona just one big dominate clan with a mix of communism. It has "rules" that everyone must follow no matter what "clan" they're in. If you don't follow those rules you're "out" of the clan (banned). For an example, if I started killing my clan in arena when they were trying to lock a rock, I would probably not see myself in a clan anymore.

The only difference is you got a bunch of people who hate each-other and wouldn't be seen being in the same "list of players and small groups". aka clans.

Literally the only difference is one goes by effort and random chance. You still need to no life bosses in Epona just like you would in a dkp system if you ever want a chance on getting a good drop because you're rolling against 50 people and if you don't roll a 100 most of the time, you're out of luck. The more bosses you attend = the more chances you'll win a roll. There's still that chance for a complete random who's considered below casual player to win an incredibly rare drop.

Then some Epona toons yo

I’m not saying Epona isn’t toxic, it’s just not the same toxicity as you would find in competitive servers. Servers that are completely dominant are the same, as there are always people outside of the clan who are not able to get gear simply because they don’t want to be in the same clan as everyone else... the fact people are forced to join a big clan for drops is really stupid. Players should have the freedom to make their own clan, group up with their own small group of friends, and still have the same chance at obtaining gear as anyone else in a massive dominant clan.

As for Epona toxicity, I completely agree. I’ve received my fair share of *** the same as a lot of others have. I’ve been no rolled after I rolled 100 on a Hrung earlier this year instead of before and despite my lack of knowledge to the gear rule. No warning, just a flat out no roll lol. I was server banned for simply doing PvP in the arena because a few players got cranky. I know the reason why most people vote against someone is simply because another banned player is one less person to roll against. I’ve seen clans secretly start bosses without calling just so they have better chances at drops, literally saw a necro rage once because a certain clan decided that they would be greedy that day. I’ve been ksed intentionally by a high level player in a well known clan while lixing and no action was ever taken against that player despite receiving multiple complaints against her from multiple players... and then yeah, you’re right when you say some people have more influence than others which kind of go against their saying of “everyone has a say in everything”... no that’s bs lol.

I’m going to be honest... the players are s**t when it comes to trying to rule over a game. Nobody here is some well established super smart executive officer who is the best leader both inside and outside of work and knows how to run things properly. It’s the players ultimately that are making this game worse and worse and driving people away. VR seriously needs to take that control away from the players by implementing what I proposed because we clearly have no idea what tf we are doing when it comes to server politics.

Atleast in Epona I don’t have to be in the same clan as others I don’t really like and still have a chance at gear. Don’t forget you can also buy gear, all my gear was purchased with gold. Not being under the same clan as those people makes a huge difference in gameplay. There were people I disliked in Elementals on Belenus for various reasons but I was forced to put on a fake smile otherwise my chances at gear would be smaller... it was painful and eventually I left the clan to play solo before I went to Epona lol.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I’m not saying Epona isn’t toxic, it’s just not the same toxicity as you would find in competitive servers. Servers that are completely dominant are the same, as there are always people outside of the clan who are not able to get gear simply because they don’t want to be in the same clan as everyone else... the fact people are forced to join a big clan for drops is really stupid. Players should have the freedom to make their own clan, group up with their own small group of friends, and still have the same chance at obtaining gear as anyone else in a massive dominant clan.

As for Epona toxicity, I completely agree. I’ve received my fair share of *** the same as a lot of others have. I’ve been no rolled after I rolled 100 on a Hrung earlier this year instead of before and despite my lack of knowledge to the gear rule. No warning, just a flat out no roll lol. I was server banned for simply doing PvP in the arena because a few players got cranky. I know the reason why most people vote against someone is simply because another banned player is one less person to roll against. I’ve seen clans secretly start bosses without calling just so they have better chances at drops, literally saw a necro rage once because a certain clan decided that they would be greedy that day. I’ve been ksed intentionally by a high level player in a well known clan while lixing and no action was ever taken against that player despite receiving multiple complaints against her from multiple players... and then yeah, you’re right when you say some people have more influence than others which kind of go against their saying of “everyone has a say in everything”... no that’s bs lol.

I’m going to be honest... the players are s**t when it comes to trying to rule over a game. Nobody here is some well established super smart executive officer who is the best leader both inside and outside of work and knows how to run things properly. It’s the players ultimately that are making this game worse and worse and driving people away. VR seriously needs to take that control away from the players by implementing what I proposed because we clearly have no idea what tf we are doing when it comes to server politics.

Atleast in Epona I don’t have to be in the same clan as others I don’t really like and still have a chance at gear. Don’t forget you can also buy gear, all my gear was purchased with gold. Not being under the same clan as those people makes a huge difference in gameplay. There were people I disliked in Elementals on Belenus for various reasons but I was forced to put on a fake smile otherwise my chances at gear would be smaller... it was painful and eventually I left the clan to play solo before I went to Epona lol.

Wrong server I guess. In mine you can tell exactly what you think of someone and your gear chances won't and can't be affected at all. We got some warrior in our clan who no one takes seriously and is the joke of the clan and he still got his bt helm and dg.

Lots of servers like to play favorites but numbers don't lie. If you go strictly with the numbers theres no way for favorites to come into play. In fact we were moaning and groaning that out of all the times for the person we wanted to get the helm had to go inactive, it had to be now when it dropped since he would of won the numbers game.

Banning a player is for sure hard to get out of once its done because you're right. Why unban em when its another roll? Such a terrible outlook and mentality for a server to have.

When we let someone back into a clan in a dom server we don't go "Just another guy to outbid me" its "What can this guy do to help improve the clan?"

Every member of Nova votes so there is somewhat a filter on who and who can't join. If that person is truly a horrible person, they won't get in.

Blocking a player works very well unless they're the most talkative player in the clan then its an issue. Although, if it truly bothers you, simply make a clan chat just for the people you want to talk to. I did that before and it worked fine.

Then some Epona toons yo

So we all know celtic heroes is a great game and is slowly loseing ints members and no new ones coming in because celtic heroes refuses to advertise the game or sponsor any big you-tubers to promote it so here is my idea and will require the whole celtic heroes community to help.

So we find any twitch streamer that does celtic heroes gameplay that is willing to support our cause .Once we have like 100-200 viewers on his stream he then hosts many streamers that have around 50 viewers or more then we talk about Celtic heroes .The people viewing may or may not see what the game is but some will download the game and enjoy it. then we leave and repeat to another streamer till it has some decent exposure around twitch streamers.

someone should also set a discord up so we can plan it .we probably only need like 100- 200 ch players that way its more effective.
Good idea but you will never reach close to 100 viewers streaming Celtic Heroes. And this is coming from a streamer. They’d be lucky to get 20viewers. Maybe a popular streamer gets sponsored to stream CH. but other than that. A random streamer won’t get close to 100 streaming CH.

Honestly,

My favorite gamer is GrayStillPlays but even with his incredible personality, even I don't think I would watch endless videos of him playing Celtic Heroes. Regardless, they better be endgame because the last noob I saw playing a game I enjoyed and he was trying to give advice was way off and I was like "Dis Nub" and quickly yeeted my way out.

Then some Epona toons yo