Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Arena boss loot distribution idea.

- Just like now people should not be able to group anyone other than their server people.
- each server can individually lock arena boss. Means if X server locked it then it wont show for Y server, they will have to get their own lock on the boss.
- drops can be same to all those lock groups or dependent upon the damage they inflicted to the boss. Since lock group is based upon damage you do, so judging worth from damage seems logical.

This also give comp in server to fight each other for lock and if PvP still remains then it allows them to fight each other to remove their lock. But if pvp remains then drop for each lock group should be same and not dependent on damage dealt as for comp server it will be hard to do damage and survive simultaneously.

Just an idea, would love if people help improvise and VR think about it.
Happy gaming.
Nuada:
level 225- warrior | TheQuantum
level 220- Mage | GodKaram
level 220- ranger | TheGraviton

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

Re: Arena boss loot distribution idea.

They said it drops dino/bt/gele gear..

So it has to be on damage basis...

But also was mentioned that all get rewarded, so perhaps top dmg get gear and rest get BT seeds?
someone said 3 random people in arena will get 3 drops each regardless of who gets the lock. idk how i feel about it lol kinda feel unjustified if thats true.
Nuada:

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

Lol they should all just drop random confluxes for everyone that's 220+. Lots of people still don't have DG because it takes too long to get pures.

Difinitus was mentioning in arena about everyone attending could possibly get something(not implemented yet ofc) which would mean every mofo would just afk a random alt in arena to get a drop. Hence I think only 220+ should be able to get drops. Or maybe even 210. A lvl 10 toon should not be getting any sort of bt/Gele/dino gear IMO.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Honestly the best way I could see it working out is if vr has the ability to see certain stats during boss fights for example individual character damage on the boss, amount of healing done and damage or aggro taken from the boss and turn this into percentage chance of getting a drop. This way drops could be split into categories of classes and would be fair on participation.

An example of this that would explain it better is if vr track the stats of amount of heals dealt (for support druids), amount physical damage done to boss (for dps rogues, rangers and warriors), amount of elemental damage done (for dos druids and mages) and amount of boss aggro gained or damage taken ( though damage taken probably won’t work due to tanks having more armour thus less damage taken) (for tank warriors).

These stats could then be converted into a drop percentage per player in that category, like if a rogue did 10% of the total damage than they would have a 10% chance of getting a drop, same with healing and tanking categories. Further there would be different amounts of drops per category since there are more people in the dos category than healing one so for healers there could be say 3-4 drops and 8-10ish drops for the dps category. Also this way healers tank tanks can be given only tank and healer specific items

Just a thought of a potential system to give drops

I honestly like this arena boss idea as it kinda lifts up even low population server which doesn't have enough population to kill Gele bt and dino regularly.
This way they stand chance to get drops somewhere.
I suggested each server to their own lock group and items drop in lock group because different servers have different way of loot system.
I don't think random distribution is a good idea, i personally would feel bad if someone with far less experience and productivity in server gets rare drop by just standing around boss doing auto on it.
Stats that determine worthiness of a toon is also acceptable and good idea for distribution.
I hope Devs come out with a neat system for it which is not unfavorable for those who are putting most effort in this and i honestly think if implemented well this could benefit alot to community and be a really positive change.
Good job to whoever decided to implement all server raids. Well done.
-------------------

EDIT - They can make a threshold of damage, heal and damage taken and those who exceed that set amount gets loot according and this is class specific.
Nuada:

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

For the effort it seems to take, I heavily advocate against a random drop distribution.

I had a 2 ideas in mind for drop distribution:

Idea 1: Essence
anyone above a certain aggro range gets a drop, not a gear piece, but a quest item like drop you can turn in at a shop in your own server for rewards. Eg, Bea gets killed, everyone who contributed gets 10 essence. In farcrag castle there is a npc that is looking for this essence because(insert lore) and will trade 5 essence for a super combo, 10 essence for a fash piece or 100 essence for a limited time gear piece.
I think vr can distinguish this based on aggro, since people get tpd at dino based on aggro.

Idea 2: Buffs
If VR wants to keep the pvp element around BEA, drastically reduce the hp of BEA. I think the encounter should be made so, that if you perform a specific action, you get a buff from BEA to get an advantage on your competitors. For example:

'Bea shants an eery song and pulls heroes towards the dark'. If you cast your divine flame skill (or design a new skill) on Bea within the next 5 seconds, you get a random buff. Could be insane health regeneration, boosted armour, increased auto damage and attack boost. Or for casters a focus boost with an extrat dot skill on every ability you cast (and they stack!)

But for this to happen, adjustments to pvp need to be made. I think damage should be halved or maybe a third of what it is now to make fights last longer. Health should be boosted when you enter the arena. Right now, most pvp duels dont really last more than 10 seconds. Personally I think you should not be able to have active lixes on when you are in the arena. Heroic combos give a significant boost to melee which casters have trouble competing with, but that's a different discussion.

The group that gets the kill gets a drop. I personally feel like the entire group should all get 1 drop each. The competition is fierce, the drops should match the effort.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

For the effort it seems to take, I heavily advocate against a random drop distribution.

I had a 2 ideas in mind for drop distribution:

Idea 1: Essence
anyone above a certain aggro range gets a drop, not a gear piece, but a quest item like drop you can turn in at a shop in your own server for rewards. Eg, Bea gets killed, everyone who contributed gets 10 essence. In farcrag castle there is a npc that is looking for this essence because(insert lore) and will trade 5 essence for a super combo, 10 essence for a fash piece or 100 essence for a limited time gear piece.
I think vr can distinguish this based on aggro, since people get tpd at dino based on aggro.

Idea 2: Buffs
If VR wants to keep the pvp element around BEA, drastically reduce the hp of BEA. I think the encounter should be made so, that if you perform a specific action, you get a buff from BEA to get an advantage on your competitors. For example:

'Bea shants an eery song and pulls heroes towards the dark'. If you cast your divine flame skill (or design a new skill) on Bea within the next 5 seconds, you get a random buff. Could be insane health regeneration, boosted armour, increased auto damage and attack boost. Or for casters a focus boost with an extrat dot skill on every ability you cast (and they stack!)

But for this to happen, adjustments to pvp need to be made. I think damage should be halved or maybe a third of what it is now to make fights last longer. Health should be boosted when you enter the arena. Right now, most pvp duels dont really last more than 10 seconds. Personally I think you should not be able to have active lixes on when you are in the arena. Heroic combos give a significant boost to melee which casters have trouble competing with, but that's a different discussion.

The group that gets the kill gets a drop. I personally feel like the entire group should all get 1 drop each. The competition is fierce, the drops should match the effort.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

The boss is being used for “important” testing as stated by Difinitus, so it’s less about the fight itself and more about the large scale encounter meaning everyone in the arena is contributing. I don’t think it should be dropping any raid gear and VR should instead have it drop an event related item... just take the time to design a few things and have everyone in the in the arena receive one if they’re there when the boss dies.

Maybe something like a unique coven hat or huntsman mask
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge