Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: When does focus and ability plateau?

Been asking this question for a while now, get some ppl telling me 3k focus to 4k, does anyone know for sure when focus starts to plateau and ability.
Every point after the first, you just use points until you see no point to go further.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Been asking this question for a while now, get some ppl telling me 3k focus to 4k, does anyone know for sure when focus starts to plateau and ability.
As a caster focus should not be your main concern, caster dps gain most damage from direct damage adding jewelry.
So get gele rings, bt charm, mordy brace, hrung helms and stuff like that which says direct number added to your skill damage.
Plus wear occult, as edl is just sad for casters dps and occult is better than even few DG pieces and great untill you get your full DG.
In short direct damage gear is greater than focus gear for dps.
Good luck
Nuada:
level 225- warrior | TheQuantum
level 220- Mage | GodKaram
level 220- ranger | TheGraviton

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

As a caster focus should not be your main concern, caster dps gain most damage from direct damage adding jewelry.
So get gele rings, bt charm, mordy brace, hrung helms and stuff like that which says direct number added to your skill damage.
Plus wear occult, as edl is just sad for casters dps and occult is better than even few DG pieces and great untill you get your full DG.
Good luck
Wasn’t what he was asking. They don’t really plateau and instead increase at nice constant rate. This can be seen in bobs firemage guide over in the mage section which seems to be pretty credible, and puts to use the formulas swan came up with I believe. Of course you’ll see a bigger boost in the first 1k focus vs 1k to 2k focus (although the boost in dmg is still good), same goes for fire magic. If the stats plateau’d you’d see little to no increase after a certain point, but the data that has been provided says otherwise. Best thing to do is find the formulas and test out values of your liking.

As to the point Karam brought up, its not necessarily the case. If you read through bobs detailed guide you’ll find the imperial/godly burials actually provide more dps (as perma equips) than mighty/majestic gele fb rings and all gele fs rings apart from godly. It’s a common misconception that many mages have when deciding which rings to perma equip, they see the direct dmg boost from a mighty gele fb ring or even a silverweb ring and automatically think it provides more dps than burials because they don’t necessarily understand just how much the focus/fire magic from an imperial/godly burial ring adds to your overall dps.

I’ve had endgame mages tell me to use royal silverweb fb rings over my imperial burial rings... a big no no lol.
Last edited by Zkills on Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Good luck
I asked cause i have like over 5k focus, and with over 10k hp all points in focus, just trying to get some feedback to rebirth some points elsewhere to have some fun.
direct dmg you say, im a hotswap hoe with direct dmg gear :lol: and ye full dg aura rn, no bt helm just yet.

I won't say its all about direct dmg tho, ability goes a long way, ppl down play it, it can go a long way with your attunement, lure and es when boost from focus starts to drop.
And tbh theres not much we mages can do but add focus no other stats really give us boosts, useless your an auto mage which is if if (cough cough vr wheres our necro wand ability rings?, no one got time to wait on bt)
Lugh - Pegasus

Raburto - 230 nab fire mage
Rab Rogue - 221 dodo rogue

And tbh theres not much we mages can do but add focus no other stats really give us boosts
Technically speaking vit can provide more dps lol. Say for example you’re on any boss that deals a wide AoE, a stray add comes after you, or you gain aggro of the boss cause you’re so op, and you had just casted fire attun and all the sudden you’re dead on the ground. You get back up and now you have no fire attun for quite a long period of time. Big dps loss. More vit you have, the more survivability you have, and less likely you’ll die so soon after casting attun or the longer you’ll be able to stay alive. I’ve been rocking the 2 vit 3 focus every level and it works amazing for me.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Good luck
I asked cause i have like over 5k focus, and with over 10k hp all points in focus, just trying to get some feedback to rebirth some points elsewhere to have some fun.
direct dmg you say, im a hotswap hoe with direct dmg gear :lol: and ye full dg aura rn, no bt helm just yet.

I won't say its all about direct dmg tho, ability goes a long way, ppl down play it, it can go a long way with your attunement, lure and es when boost from focus starts to drop.
And tbh theres not much we mages can do but add focus no other stats really give us boosts, useless your an auto mage which is if if (cough cough vr wheres our necro wand ability rings?, no one got time to wait on bt)
Do u die a lot even with 10k? Even then, i would say go full focus anyway. A small boost is still a boost. The only bosses i could think off that can cause a mage without edl aura trouble are gele and roots at bt (they will kill u anyway tbh lol #NerfVolt) Every other boss raid boss u can easily dps safely with minimal damage.

Technically speaking vit can provide more dps lol. Say for example you’re on any boss that deals a wide AoE, a stray add comes after you, or you gain aggro of the boss cause you’re so op, and you had just casted fire attun and all the sudden you’re dead on the ground. You get back up and now you have no fire attun for quite a long period of time. Big dps loss. More vit you have, the more survivability you have, and less likely you’ll die so soon after casting attun or the longer you’ll be able to stay alive. I’ve been rocking the 2 vit 3 focus every level and it works amazing for me.
I’m not sure how much vitality you’d need to add to survive a hit from BT as a mage, any ideas?
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I’m not sure how much vitality you’d need to add to survive a hit from BT as a mage, any ideas?
BT isn’t the only boss right? There have been several occurrences (mostly EDL) where I would gain aggro and take two hits from the boss before he goes back to the tank.

And tbh theres not much we mages can do but add focus no other stats really give us boosts

My lvl 150 mage in server Crom use the 2 vit and 3 focus every level and it really works. I quit server Crom because its a dom server. Goodbye mage.
EPONA
jonleonhart - ranger lvl 150 (2019)
jonlionheart - rogue lvl 124 (2019)

DONN
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 (2017)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)