Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If you want server merges...

My main argument against server merges is and always has been that the game doesn’t revolve around endgame players. Any changes VR makes have to be made while considering the entire playerbase.

Sure, every single active person over 200 on server A might want to get merged with another server, but what if that number is only 30% of the active player count for that server. A “dead server” in most playerspeak usually just means low endgame numbers, rather than necessarily low player counts in general.

Regardless, even if there is an unusually low total player count for a server, that still doesn’t mean that a server merge is good for either server involved. Economies are part of the issue, but also just player counts in general. Again, VR has to consider all players of any level, not just endgame. Let’s say there’s only twenty 200+ characters that log in every day on average, and 55 characters under 200. Combine that with another server with roughly the same numbers, and suddenly you have a great endgame player count. However, there’s now over 100 regularly logging players under 200...which means a lot more competition for leveling spots, quest mobs, gear (in AH and trades) and so on.

I think the main point I’m trying to make is that any server merge will quite literally be forcing players together, into a completely new dynamic, overnight. As such, I don’t think 10 people wanting it on the forums is a good enough representation of the entire server to justify (in my opinion) a merge.

That’s not even considering any less-active players who log back in after taking a few weeks off to find out that everything is completely different. Any server merge would have a lot of negative backlash. As such, I really can’t think of any situation where a server merge would ever be a good idea for all players involved, or even most. The only exception being if multiple servers were to only have <50 total characters logging in daily on average.

Also...keep in mind that when VR looks at server metrics, they see characters logging in - they probably have no clue if any are alts. So, lets say player A has 4 endgame characters that they log in regularly for bounties and bossing. VR, looking at their metrics, probably doesn’t have any way to tell if that is 4 different players logging in daily, or 1. As such, an endgame consisting of 10-15 players could look like a good 20-40 players. If you players in “dead servers” are doing this, that could very well be a good part of why VR might not see much of a problem with server activity levels.
Dead server as of now is more like a relative term, for few nuada is dead for others its not.
I personally believe to rather see whole server, look at people as individuals. Means if a customer is not happy due to circumstances of his server, he should have an option to xerf to other servers. Not saying for free, make it plat based or whatever because years of work just gets wasted instantly and you can do nothing about it feels really bad.
Nuada:
level 225- warrior | TheQuantum
level 220- Mage | GodKaram
level 220- ranger | TheGraviton

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

Sigh Nuada is a server like any other. Yes it’s the newest. But still yes we could kill necro, mord etc but the player base imagined that somehow rng would favourable. As a pose to making the effort to kill these bosses to get favourable drops (that other servers had taken years to accumulate), they decided to wail, and nash their teeth and say well, let’s say quit (as I can’t say to exchange for goods, services or financial considerations). I’m sorry that some felt or feel that improving a server by contributing their knowledge wasn’t a worth while use of their time. The entitlement exhibited across all servers by “eg” players is, um, well shameful. We know u spent coin. We appreciate it. But you are not the only people to enjoy the game. Help others enjoy it too. It might give you a new reason to log on.
Warrior Anavrin 217
Rogue Instant Tickles 210
Druid JimmyTheGripper 185
Ranger JillTheRipper 190

Sigh Nuada is a server like any other. Yes it’s the newest. But still yes we could kill necro, mord etc but the player base imagined that somehow rng would favourable. As a pose to making the effort to kill these bosses to get favourable drops (that other servers had taken years to accumulate), they decided to wail, and nash their teeth and say well, let’s say quit (as I can’t say to exchange for goods, services or financial considerations). I’m sorry that some felt or feel that improving a server by contributing their knowledge wasn’t a worth while use of their time. The entitlement exhibited across all servers by “eg” players is, um, well shameful. We know u spent coin. We appreciate it. But you are not the only people to enjoy the game. Help others enjoy it too. It might give you a new reason to log on.

We were the third server to kill Dhiothu out of 19. I guarantee you nobody had been killing it for years before us.

Also Nuada and Morri were the only servers killing it regularly without fails.
The other server (Epona) was killing it every month or so with about 3-5 fails in between each kill
Oderint Dum Metuant.

And why are we entitled to help you enjoy your game while we are not enjoying our own ?
When most of us were spending our money and time we didn't do it for someone else, we were doing it so we could enjoy our game with our friends. As customers we have right to complain about our product satisfaction.
Regardless few of us still log to help when needed.
Nuada:

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

And why are we entitled to help you enjoy your game while we are not enjoying our own ?
When most of us were spending our money and time we didn't do it for someone else, we were doing it so we could enjoy our game with our friends. As customers we have right to complain about our product satisfaction.
You don’t have to help. Nor do I dispute your right to complain. But as an end game player what more were you expecting? Secret levels? Even more op gear? You must have known that end game is, well, end game.
Warrior Anavrin 217
Ranger JillTheRipper 190

You don’t have to help. Nor do I dispute your right to complain. But as an end game player what more were you expecting? Secret levels? Even more op gear? You must have known that end game is just that?
There are far more items i still want in server and want to grind for them, because end game population is really low on nuada most of us had to log 10 toons at times to get bt or gele down. Resulting in buring out with this repetitive stress. I want to play in a server where boss goes down even if few people don't log. In nuada if any of king me bright chaos didn't log, then boss never went down. Just 4 people making 60 percent plus of raids population isn't optimum in any case.
I like playing sulis because its 0 stress, even with comp if few of us dont log stuff still goes down. I can enjoy one toon properly and none carries the raid there.
New content is always welcomed, but people want that so EG population of servers increase.
When i started marketing for nuada around 20 people started their toons here, out of that 3 got to EG. All others quit because they all spent years on their respective server and grinding back from 0 is painful for many.
See, all we want is an option to choose were we wanna play without losing all progress we made in years of work.
Not just me, many others want that.

Post like these are directed towards devlopers in hope that one day they help us and come with a reasonable solution.
We all are happy to have a civil conversation about the topic without blaming, insulting, assuming and pointing fingers on people. But in the end these are meant for devlopers to answer.
Nuada:

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

You could enjoy one toon on Nuada if you took the time. Yes eg is low. But when you log that many, ten really? who else will have the gear? You have a monopoly and complain no one will help you maintain that? Anyway I am happy that you enjoy your new home :) and I am glad you are still playing
Warrior Anavrin 217
Ranger JillTheRipper 190

You could enjoy one toon on Nuada if you took the time. Yes eg is low. But when you log that many, ten really? who else will have the gear? You have a monopoly and complain no one will help you maintain that? Anyway I am happy that you enjoy your new home :) and I am glad you are still playing
Out of 10 eg most were utility type. Means add tanks druids and all. Without which raid were not possible.
I have DG on just my main and no other toon.
I gave all gear i had on most of those toons to others, even imperial bt ranger helm. I used to use all my points on those toons to gear other active people, even gave people my extra toons for free just so they can play.
From lixes to items i gave whatever i could, not saying i always had the best approach but i tried whatever i could.
Trust me most of us who are complaining here, spent sleepless nights just to get bosses down for clan.
Nuada:

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

They’re not going to do server merges. Just because a small portion of Nuada players (goes for any server really that calls for a merge) call for it doesn’t mean everyone in Nuada wants to be moved from their server and forced into another. Not only that but the other server has to go along with it was well. It’s quite obvious Nuada wants to merge with Sulis so Apex can be with their Toxic buddies. What about retri? What would they prefer? Or all the other players that aren’t in Toxic? Making a bunch of spam posts calling for a server merge won’t make your voice any bigger. Everyone gets a say in it, because they’re playing the same game as you are and want to enjoy it just as much as you do. Some players on Nuada may actually enjoy not having Apex being as prevalent anymore... you never know.

Another thing to keep in mind is that overpopulation can also be a serious problem. Epona is starting to feel it right now. You merge a server like Nuada with a more active server (no server is in the same position Nuada is in), all those Nuada inactives come back when they hear a merge has happened, they all go to Sulis, and now Sulis starts experiencing overpopulation as their player counts have nearly doubled.
If players from Nuada and other dead servers want to stay on their dead servers that’s great! They can choose to stay no one would be forcing them to transfer because it would be optional. I think the idea others have mentioned here to have some sort of transfer ticket that can be purchased is a perfect idea. Of course, the players from dead servers who choose to transfer out wouldn’t all pick the same server which could potentially disrupt the servers they decide to move to. Like someone also mentioned in this post server mergers or transfers would only be a temporary fix because there needs to be more content and events that are regularly added to keep the player base engaged. Otherwise, it’s just killing the same bosses hundreds of times over and over and over again it gets old.