Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bloodthorn bash

Having to prepare for endgame content is pretty much a core part of the mmo genre and far from unusual.
Most MMOs do not have gear from 6 years ago that is still needed and sought after by end game players.

Most MMOs have more content for the core players that does not require 25 characters be present on raids.

Most MMOs provide small regular QOL patches, content additions , events and market their games better.

Just sayin’
this

The developers have never actually played at an endgame level. Of course they don't understand it's too much for 95% of clans. That and they probably just can't be bothered to put an update out for it(if it even would require one)
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

I think you are all focusing on the big scary macro numbers to much, 2000! When if you drill down into the individual numbers it’s not really all that.

It’s not designed around 1 or 2 people farming a whole clans worth, rather about personal responsibility to be prepared to raid. Having to prepare for endgame content is pretty much a core part of the mmo genre and far from unusual.

Now using your numbers from this thread I don’t think 2-3 hours of farming (pretty sure most wont do every kill! Sleep is good to) for an individual over the course of a few days in order to be able to complete many boss kills doesn’t sound so bad right?

Of course some people may farm more and choose to profit from them or gift them to clan mates, others might do less and just buy them for convenience or rely on friends. It’s very much about individual choice about how you approach this.
i feel asthough you are heavily underestimating the playerbase over the course of a weekend mini event. That is exactly when players will set alarms every 6 hours so that they can attend more raids without the worry of school or work gettibg in the way.

Your 2-3 hours of farming is also flawed. Assuming there is only one or two players farming then it will only take a few hours. HOWEVER, the fact that this is a mini event and starts in 2 days means you will have far more players farming at the same time. 15 at once wouldnt be unseen. Another factor is multi loggers. Some servers rely on people logging 2 or 3 or even more toons for the raids to go ahead. This could mean a player must farm upwards of 10+ hours just to collect all the pots for their toons (and thats assuming theres not a dozen others also farming to contend with).

In several cases the numbers in this thread are way unders. On a server with more than 1 clan capable of killing BT that means 80+ toons per raid needing pots. Theres just not enough hours in a working week to farm that number of pots.

I strongly agree with whats been mentioned several times in either removing the pot req over the next few days or at the very least buff the barb drop rates
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Bloodthorn can easily be done with 25 toons on most servers which is 100 pots per raid, given that you can farm 20 pots per hour per toon it isnt going to be that difficult to get the pots but agree pots are an unnecessary complication
Start farming now and you wont have that issue :lol:
Ignorance is bliss
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Bloodthorn can easily be done with 25 toons on most servers which is 100 pots per raid, given that you can farm 20 pots per hour per toon it isnt going to be that difficult to get the pots but agree pots are an unnecessary complication
Start farming now and you wont have that issue :lol:
Ignorance is bliss
Bliss until you run out of pots after the first 2 kills .-.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Just shut down servers if you don't wanna fix the game. Don't waste our times please. You ignore 95% of threads and that 5% you still think you're doing well and never try to understand Community.

Only content for end game players is a few bosses. Fishing and cooking is broken and full of glitches and bad designs. In my clan most of the end game players just login for raids and then log off. They won't enjoy farming BT pots for hours, they won't farm.

An event should be fun not tedious work. Even if farming is involved for a raid make it somehow fun.

How do you think CH Community will trust you on your new game ? Where will you use the money you will get next double plat ? On new game or CH ?

I think you are all focusing on the big scary macro numbers to much, 2000! When if you drill down into the individual numbers it’s not really all that.

It’s not designed around 1 or 2 people farming a whole clans worth, rather about personal responsibility to be prepared to raid. Having to prepare for endgame content is pretty much a core part of the mmo genre and far from unusual.

Now using your numbers from this thread I don’t think 2-3 hours of farming (pretty sure most wont do every kill! Sleep is good to) for an individual over the course of a few days in order to be able to complete many boss kills doesn’t sound so bad right?

Of course some people may farm more and choose to profit from them or gift them to clan mates, others might do less and just buy them for convenience or rely on friends. It’s very much about individual choice about how you approach this.
i feel asthough you are heavily underestimating the playerbase over the course of a weekend mini event. That is exactly when players will set alarms every 6 hours so that they can attend more raids without the worry of school or work gettibg in the way.

Your 2-3 hours of farming is also flawed. Assuming there is only one or two players farming then it will only take a few hours. HOWEVER, the fact that this is a mini event and starts in 2 days means you will have far more players farming at the same time. 15 at once wouldnt be unseen. Another factor is multi loggers. Some servers rely on people logging 2 or 3 or even more toons for the raids to go ahead. This could mean a player must farm upwards of 10+ hours just to collect all the pots for their toons (and thats assuming theres not a dozen others also farming to contend with).

In several cases the numbers in this thread are way unders. On a server with more than 1 clan capable of killing BT that means 80+ toons per raid needing pots. Theres just not enough hours in a working week to farm that number of pots.

I strongly agree with whats been mentioned several times in either removing the pot req over the next few days or at the very least buff the barb drop rates
^^ This. For the love of Crom, this. Love your game Schwing, but this isn’t gonna work as it is because people are crazy AF when it comes to pots and irl is a thing.
http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/

Rosmerta - Axiom

160+ Druid
200+ rogue
200+ ranger

I understand what you’re saying here and I agree that prep work is good for endgame raiding (raids in general) and yes you’re right about everything else. Problem to me with the BT pots is that the grind for them doesn’t really feel like prep work and is instead an annoying chore. I remember farming for them for people who were too lazy to farm on belenus as well as for myself at the start and after a while it got old. After all it’s simply kill a bunch of bland vines for a simple repeatable quest, which tend to be repetitive as is.

Fun prep work, for example, would be things like killing the 5* eye at Gele or killing the roots at BT until you get the one you want to spawn (although very simplistic, it’s still better than a repetitive repeatable quest imo). In the future come up with some fun and unique prep work (better than a repeatable quest and more in-depth than simply killing a 5* add) if that’s what you’re aiming for.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge