Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Requesting transparency regarding 'rare' mob spawns

The items are still on the loot table and the mob that drops them has an extremely rare chance to appear.
What was the purpose of releasing these items then ?

You think it's a good design ?
-A 195.5* mob drops best brace in game
-Drop rate was decreased after short time upon release
-Still remains in the loot table but "extremely rare" and "mysterious spot"

People still farming, spending hours.. Is that mean anything to you ? Maybe you'd like to give them a more clear answer.

Thanks

The items are still on the loot table and the mob that drops them has an extremely rare chance to appear.
Whilst I'm grateful for the response, I don't think this really adresses the problems we are having. What is the purpose of making a spawn so infrequent that it will likely never be seen? You could double the spawn chance and most servers will never see one again. We would like some insight into spawn rate to determine whether it is worth farming or not. A location would be amazing also. I personally don't believe they can spawn at all even after your response.

It would be preferable that you either revert the spawn rate closer to pre-nerf rates or remove them from the game. The false hope given to people who have killed thousands of 196 wizards is beyond a joke and encouraging people to spend so much time chasing a dream isn't healthy for them personally, or for the game. Who knows if we're even killing in the right place?

I really hope this player feedback is used sooner rather than later.

Whilst I'm grateful for the response, I don't think this really adresses the problems we are having. What is the purpose of making a spawn so infrequent that it will likely never be seen? You could double the spawn chance and most servers will never see one again. We would like some insight into spawn rate to determine whether it is worth farming or not. A location would be amazing also. I personally don't believe they can spawn at all even after your response.

It would be preferable that you either revert the spawn rate closer to pre-nerf rates or remove them from the game. The false hope given to people who have killed thousands of 196 wizards is beyond a joke and encouraging people to spend so much time chasing a dream isn't healthy for them personally, or for the game. Who knows if we're even killing in the right place?

I really hope this player feedback is used sooner rather than later.
It’s not supposed to be obtained through farming. It a that has an EXTREMELY rare chance to appear. So asking about spawn rates and locations is useless because sitting there continuing to kill thousands off wizards isn’t upping your chances.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

It’s not supposed to be obtained through farming. It a that has an EXTREMELY rare chance to appear. So asking about spawn rates and locations is useless because sitting there continuing to kill thousands off wizards isn’t upping your chances.
You mean, there is no placeholder for the spawn? This has never been true but if you can find me a source I will gladly agree with you. Otherwise, farming wizards DOES help it to spawn. It would be hilarious if every man looking for the apostate has been wasting their time in this way.

Regardless, none of these rare spawns have been seen in 9 months. If it's working as intended, such a redundant mechanic should be removed and we can all move on.

The false hope given to people who have killed thousands of 196 wizards is beyond a joke and encouraging people to spend so much time chasing a dream isn't healthy for them personally, or for the game. Who knows if we're even killing in the right place?
I don't recall VR ever encouraging players to spend hundreds of hours farming for a miniscule chance of a rare boss spawning. It is not their fault that players are wasting their time farming.

Now, if we want to talk about a person's drive to chase after unattainable dreams, that's a different matter (probably one better suited for a psychologist). But I will say that if someone is so intent on getting a certain item in a video game that they are willing to risk their health, they definitely need to take a major look at their life choices...not blame the developers

Blaming VR for you wasting your time farming is somewhat like trying to blame the government because you are losing money by playing the lottery. They just make it available and extremely tempting - the players are the ones 100% willingly wasting time/money on it.

Regardless, none of these rare spawns have been seen in 9 months. If it's working as intended, such a redundant mechanic should be removed and we can all move on.
You could just move on anyways, there's no need for the boss/loot to be removed for people to stop farming it.

Uh, what I mean is
*jedi mind trick hand wave* The boss has been removed, now move on with your life

At this point in the topic, I just really want to see some random player who has never farmed for this bracelet to happen across the boss :lol:
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

The false hope given to people who have killed thousands of 196 wizards is beyond a joke and encouraging people to spend so much time chasing a dream isn't healthy for them personally, or for the game. Who knows if we're even killing in the right place?
I don't recall VR ever encouraging players to spend hundreds of hours farming for a miniscule chance of a rare boss spawning. It is not their fault that players are wasting their time farming.

Now, if we want to talk about a person's drive to chase after unattainable dreams, that's a different matter (probably one better suited for a psychologist). But I will say that if someone is so intent on getting a certain item in a video game that they are willing to risk their health, they definitely need to take a major look at their life choices...not blame the developers

Blaming VR for you wasting your time farming is somewhat like trying to blame the government because you are losing money by playing the lottery. They just make it available and extremely tempting - the players are the ones 100% willingly wasting time/money on it.

You could just move on anyways, there's no need for the boss/loot to be removed for people to stop farming it.

Uh, what I mean is
*jedi mind trick hand wave* The boss has been removed, now move on with your life

At this point in the topic, I just really want to see some random player who has never farmed for this bracelet to happen across the boss :lol:
Releasing a brace which is dream for many players does encourage people. Why wouldn't we farm ? Why wouldn't we want to spend hours everyday fig that brace ? They exist according to developers so there's a chance of spawn.

It's completely different than playing lottery. You're so funny.

Releasing a brace which is dream for many players does encourage people. Why wouldn't we farm ? Why wouldn't we want to spend hours everyday fig that brace ? They exist according to developers so there's a chance of spawn.

It's completely different than playing lottery. You're so funny.
Oh no I'm not denying that players are encouraged by the fact that it's a part of the game - I was disagreeing with the opinion that VR encourages players to spend an unhealthy amount of time farming. Sure they want people to play the game, and as such release items that players want (drop/spawn rates not withstanding).

If you want to (your own words) spend hours every day farming, feel free. However, that is your choice - you want to do it. No one is forcing you to farm.

You may be correct that it's different from the lottery - I don't waste my time and money on impossible odds like that - it was simply an attempt at a base level comparison about how absolutely tiny your chances are of getting what you want.
Thank you though, it's great to hear that someone still thinks I'm funny - my career as a stand up comedian was off to a great start until I got confined to a wheelchair.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!