Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Hotfixes for existing

Question to VR. Why are existing bugs not yet being patched but newly found glitches are fixed by hotfixes? I'm talking about countless times reported bugs such as the ley glitch and the arcane wall glitch.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Re: Hotfixes for existing

Question to VR. Why are existing bugs not yet being patched but newly found glitches are fixed by hotfixes? I'm talking about countless times reported bugs such as the ley glitch and the arcane wall glitch.
My guess is that those may be harder to figure out the main cause for, as some issues are more deeply rooted than others...not all bugs are (accidentally) created equal.

However, that's all speculation from a players point of view. My other guess is that most of the recent server resets have been to test fixes for said bugs, and they may not be going so well. Again, all conjecture at this point.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

The recent set of resets are server related which affect stability, performance, and security of the game as a whole. These take priority over in-game bugs and a lot easier to fix (no patching, change in game data).

We are working on previously-reported bugs, but do not have a current estimation when they will be resolved.

The recent set of resets are server related which affect stability, performance, and security of the game as a whole. These take priority over in-game bugs and a lot easier to fix (no patching, change in game data).

We are working on previously-reported bugs, but do not have a current estimation when they will be resolved.
I stand (actually sit) corrected. We all appreciate the explanation, as I know a lot of players have been curious about why there have been so many unexplained resets recently, thank you Dif!

While I know that there are several large bugs that need fixing, I think that the entire playerbase can agree that we don't want another repeat of the Nuada situation, so we are all grateful for the focus on stability and security.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

While I know that there are several large bugs that need fixing, I think that the entire playerbase can agree that we don't want another repeat of the Nuada situation, so we are all grateful for the focus on stability and security.
Yes, +1... you can’t figure out how to fix anything if the entire game isn’t stable.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Alright thanks for clearing up!
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207