Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Against the dominance

#61
Zyz wrote:
Astralshift wrote:Want to know what’s unfair? How loot gets passed around in dom servers. That’s why Lugh is irrelevant now.


Most dominant clan servers run DKP which is completely fair and unbiased. Now if it's done by a loot council, then yes, it could be unfair as it could end up in favoritism.

Unbiased yes, fair generally but depends on system
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Re: Against the dominance

#62
DKP is awesome. Its just a pain to track. Ive been counted at bosses I havent attended and not counted for bosses I have. Nothing is perfect. I like DKP but sometimes rolling can be fun sometimes. Rolling only bothers me when people roll to sell and dont actually need. Its all preference. Most casual players believe rolling is better because they cant bid on as many items against a closet gamer who hides in closets at work to boss.
I guess who ever dominates the server makes the rules. *shrug* . That seems to be the biggest issue. If you cant compete you can join the dom clan or you better have deep pockets.
Nothing against clans who work to be on top. Just be mindful of the other players around you. Killing off all comp could kill your own clan in the end. It might be slow but it will happen eventually. Maybe even kill your server.
Image

Re: Against the dominance

#63
Bullgart wrote:DKP is awesome. Its just a pain to track. Ive been counted at bosses I havent attended and not counted for bosses I have. Nothing is perfect. I like DKP but sometimes rolling can be fun sometimes. Rolling only bothers me when people roll to sell and dont actually need. Its all preference. Most casual players believe rolling is better because they cant bid on as many items against a closet gamer who hides in closets at work to boss.
I guess who ever dominates the server makes the rules. *shrug* . That seems to be the biggest issue. If you cant compete you can join the dom clan or you better have deep pockets.
Nothing against clans who work to be on top. Just be mindful of the other players around you. Killing off all comp could kill your own clan in the end. It might be slow but it will happen eventually. Maybe even kill your server.


Best to let someone know if you didnt get counted for a boss so they can add you in, on the flip side being honest if you arent there, and on the basis of having nice gear in a non-roll system doesnt mean your a closet gamer, some peoples expectations are different then others when it comes to getting gear, a casual player can have good or even top gear eventually, that's the glory of a dkp system, you dont have to be online 24/7 to get something, eventually if you work at it, points build up over time; I guess that's not instant gratification as say rolling, probably a good 3/4 of any given dom clans members have came from struggling feeder clans, as myself, didnt have any "great" gear until 2 years ago, and I've been playing almost 4 years now. Hating the players isnt the solution, blame the game, drop rates, mechanics, just because your in a dom clan doesnt make you a greedy monster, most people just have fun, nearly all usually work their way up. In what ways might a dom clan be mindful of non dom clan? Helping kill bosses if they lock, yes. Should dom clannies stop playing because non dom clans cant gather to bosses fast? There is other factors in non clans failure/success.. system, leadership.. ect. Making dom clan players feel bad because a "server is dying" is a guilt trip, lotsss of dom clan players bust their ass, some dont, but alot do.

Re: Against the dominance

#64
X-Tactical (PCR) wrote:
Bullgart wrote:DKP is awesome. Its just a pain to track. Ive been counted at bosses I havent attended and not counted for bosses I have. Nothing is perfect. I like DKP but sometimes rolling can be fun sometimes. Rolling only bothers me when people roll to sell and dont actually need. Its all preference. Most casual players believe rolling is better because they cant bid on as many items against a closet gamer who hides in closets at work to boss.
I guess who ever dominates the server makes the rules. *shrug* . That seems to be the biggest issue. If you cant compete you can join the dom clan or you better have deep pockets.
Nothing against clans who work to be on top. Just be mindful of the other players around you. Killing off all comp could kill your own clan in the end. It might be slow but it will happen eventually. Maybe even kill your server.


Best to let someone know if you didnt get counted for a boss so they can add you in, on the flip side being honest if you arent there, and on the basis of having nice gear in a non-roll system doesnt mean your a closet gamer, some peoples expectations are different then others when it comes to getting gear, a casual player can have good or even top gear eventually, that's the glory of a dkp system, you dont have to be online 24/7 to get something, eventually if you work at it, points build up over time; I guess that's not instant gratification as say rolling, probably a good 3/4 of any given dom clans members have came from struggling feeder clans, as myself, didnt have any "great" gear until 2 years ago, and I've been playing almost 4 years now. Hating the players isnt the solution, blame the game, drop rates, mechanics, just because your in a dom clan doesnt make you a greedy monster, most people just have fun, nearly all usually work their way up. In what ways might a dom clan be mindful of non dom clan? Helping kill bosses if they lock, yes. Should dom clannies stop playing because non dom clans cant gather to bosses fast? There is other factors in non clans failure/success.. system, leadership.. ect. Making dom clan players feel bad because a "server is dying" is a guilt trip, lotsss of dom clan players bust their ass, some dont, but alot do.


First of all, I dont hate anyone or crap talk people unless they have wronged me personally. Dunno where that came from.
2nd. The entire time I was in a dom clan I use prolly less than 5% of my earned dkp. Gear wasnt why I joined. I joined to help fight a clan I felt wronged multiple clans, including one I was in.
I believe in fighting fair. I stay and help even if i lose unless it causes issues with who Im grouped with. I dont infiltrate other clans timers. Im nice and always fair as can be. Dom clan on our server will skip the biggest bosses just to stop the smallest clan from killing aggy or hrung. Its 60 vs 10. Thats about all the comp there is. Thats when I decided to leave the Dom clan. I know all those ppl and they are leaving because they cant enjoy the game. Im just smart enough to say wait, hold up, pause! Chill out a little on smashing the little guys. Might make me look bad to the dom clan but whatever. Im not saying hand them everything but cmon. How can you NOT see whats going on? How much fun could it be to compete with yourself? Thats what will happen once everyone else on the server leaves.

Also, dont hate on me because I have the balls to speak up. I like most of our servers Dom clan members. :)


Image
Image

Re: Against the dominance

#65
Bullgart wrote:
X-Tactical (PCR) wrote:
Bullgart wrote:DKP is awesome. Its just a pain to track. Ive been counted at bosses I havent attended and not counted for bosses I have. Nothing is perfect. I like DKP but sometimes rolling can be fun sometimes. Rolling only bothers me when people roll to sell and dont actually need. Its all preference. Most casual players believe rolling is better because they cant bid on as many items against a closet gamer who hides in closets at work to boss.
I guess who ever dominates the server makes the rules. *shrug* . That seems to be the biggest issue. If you cant compete you can join the dom clan or you better have deep pockets.
Nothing against clans who work to be on top. Just be mindful of the other players around you. Killing off all comp could kill your own clan in the end. It might be slow but it will happen eventually. Maybe even kill your server.


Best to let someone know if you didnt get counted for a boss so they can add you in, on the flip side being honest if you arent there, and on the basis of having nice gear in a non-roll system doesnt mean your a closet gamer, some peoples expectations are different then others when it comes to getting gear, a casual player can have good or even top gear eventually, that's the glory of a dkp system, you dont have to be online 24/7 to get something, eventually if you work at it, points build up over time; I guess that's not instant gratification as say rolling, probably a good 3/4 of any given dom clans members have came from struggling feeder clans, as myself, didnt have any "great" gear until 2 years ago, and I've been playing almost 4 years now. Hating the players isnt the solution, blame the game, drop rates, mechanics, just because your in a dom clan doesnt make you a greedy monster, most people just have fun, nearly all usually work their way up. In what ways might a dom clan be mindful of non dom clan? Helping kill bosses if they lock, yes. Should dom clannies stop playing because non dom clans cant gather to bosses fast? There is other factors in non clans failure/success.. system, leadership.. ect. Making dom clan players feel bad because a "server is dying" is a guilt trip, lotsss of dom clan players bust their ass, some dont, but alot do.


First of all, I dont hate anyone or crap talk people unless they have wronged me personally. Dunno where that came from.
2nd. The entire time I was in a dom clan I use prolly less than 5% of my earned dkp. Gear wasnt why I joined. I joined to help fight a clan I felt wronged multiple clans, including one I was in.
I believe in fighting fair. I stay and help even if i lose unless it causes issues with who Im grouped with. I dont infiltrate other clans timers. Im nice and always fair as can be. Dom clan on our server will skip the biggest bosses just to stop the smallest clan from killing aggy or hrung. Its 60 vs 10. Thats about all the comp there is. Thats when I decided to leave the Dom clan. I know all those ppl and they are leaving because they cant enjoy the game. Im just smart enough to say wait, hold up, pause! Chill out a little on smashing the little guys. Might make me look bad to the dom clan but whatever. Im not saying hand them everything but cmon. How can you NOT see whats going on? How much fun could it be to compete with yourself? Thats what will happen once everyone else on the server leaves.

Also, dont hate on me because I have the balls to speak up. I like most of our servers Dom clan members. :)


Image


Yeah it's always the dom clans fault, definitely not lack of leadership, or poor system of the other side, so your saying new members of a dom clan shouldnt get hrung and mord but rather wait for non dom to catch up? So those new players who join a dom clan are bad too and should wait? Some people just wanna have fun, not everyone who starts playing is out on a several year grudge mission to destroy something else, cause you feel one way doesnt mean everyone else does. I also still don't understand why dom clannies should be forced to feel bad for hard worked success, again, many of them come from struggling clans but not all struggle from oppression.. drop selling, poor management or no filter on new recruits. If the dom clan is so horrible it should be easy to take them over and build up a team in resistance, or maybe they're just not bad people. They shouldnt be blamed for someone else's poor leadership, ideals, views, rules or lack there of. I joined a dom clan after years of fighting them, why do I get lumped in the greedy category, was I supposed to struggle forever or was I supposed to get on here and bash my rival for having a better system than my dying clans poor one?

Re: Against the dominance

#66
I think thats what this topic is all about. Maybe finding a solution. Not every clan or person outside of Dom clan sells drops. Why cant dom clans pull from their overflowing banks and go after the bosses when they actually need it. No new player or clan stands a chance. They are outgeared and outnumbered . Thats where the problem starts. Im sure most players join Dom clans out of desperation to win something. Dom clans sell TONS of drops.. Only if you got the millions of gold to afford it. After all, how do you explain Gele and BT gear on new players outside the dom clan. That goes both ways. Defectors ? Noo way... why would anyone defect from the perfect and only Dom clan? Not gonna go back and forth but your just proving me right. Think Ill stop here and let someone else just repeat the same exact things.
Image

Re: Against the dominance

#67
Bullgart wrote:I think thats what this topic is all about. Maybe finding a solution. Not every clan or person outside of Dom clan sells drops. Why cant dom clans pull from their overflowing banks and go after the bosses when they actually need it. No new player or clan stands a chance. They are outgeared and outnumbered . Thats where the problem starts. Im sure most players join Dom clans out of desperation to win something. Dom clans sell TONS of drops.. Only if you got the millions of gold to afford it. After all, how do you explain Gele and BT gear on new players outside the dom clan. That goes both ways. Defectors ? Noo way... why would anyone defect from the perfect and only Dom clan? Not gonna go back and forth but your just proving me right. Think Ill stop here and let someone else just repeat the same exact things.


You missed the times where I said it's also about failed systems, poor leadership, poor views or ideals perhaps, poor drop distribution, poor recruitment styles? That's not a dominance problem, that's a clan problem, not always because of the commonly labeled, "greedy dom clans" I worked my ass off in a struggling clan for 2 years, few worked as hard as me, not bragging that is the truth, sorry I didnt want to quit, xfer or complaing because I didnt wanna fight a battle with people who could care less, again that's poor leadership styles.. thus people left.. that's how it works.. before pointing fingers take a look under the hood and see what you're working with as a clan, what systems ect.. Certainly not gonna feel bad for someone else's short comings, I worked too hard for that. You also pointed out a problem, "overflowing banks" yeah... that's how clans die, giving people things they dont even earn or know where it comes from, you get that reputation of a free for all clan, then some people join you for the gear and leave, eventually your shooting holes in your ship, nothing wrong with earning something either, rather than handouts, I earned every piece of my gear, that's not a huge ask for someone if they want smthing to earn it, which rounds back to the point of why SOME people leave SOME dom clans, absolutely 0 patience, whilst other servers offer buy as you want style of play, which some people enjoy too. Suggest researching your server before becoming +220 then complaining

Re: Against the dominance

#69
As a member of a Dom clan, previous chief and previous general I think about this issue a lot. In general I'll help others, make friends outside the clan, I only respond to them if they ask to join or ask for a lot of help (let's face it, they won't play long if they don't get help, regardless of where from).

But also what has 'contributed' to killing the/a server isn't just competition or the Dom clan. It's the few inside and outside the clan - in the server, that have toxic intentions and selfish behaviour. Then in some cases they scuttle off to another server, and even though they no longer play on the current one they continue to spread their negative propaganda and on top of that they sell things at extraordinary prices, so they can transfer gold to the server that rolls, in order to buy what they need there.
I've seen countless people talk negative.

I've also asked many outside of the clan what they really want.. sure the bank has a lot of stuff, but we still have people lining up for DL and weapons and upgrades etc. Do Dom clans just stop and wait? For a day, week, month?
Or just kick everyone and hope that our friends, game family find a good spot?

We even have tried cooperation. But people don't like the rules, rolling isn't liked by others..

Re: Against the dominance

#70
paggasquid wrote:Competition in this game is toxic. Mostly because the winning factor revolves around ‘who can spend the most time and money on a virtual place’

Besides that, most competition in this game is a fed dominant clan vs an underdog clan, often with fewer resources and people. They say they enjoy this kind of competition. I see this as a race between 2 cars, 1 being a porsche, 1 being a prius. Very fun competition, it seems to only be fun if you have a very clear advantage.

Another unhealthy aspect of competition in this game is rather drag the opponent down than improving yourself ( griefing, locking bosses so the other clan can’t kill it). Yup it is within the game mechanics, so what’s wrong with that? People play this game for fun, mostly to relax. However, it seems that some people need to compensate this with some misguided power complex, maybe compensating for their real lives. It’s surprising how ruining the gaming experience for other people can be joyful for some people.

But yeah, this atrocious behaviour gets justified with arguments like: ‘it is within the rules of the game, so we aren't doing anything wrong’ or ‘competition is fun, you just can’t deal with losing’ or ‘we are saving the server from inactivity, the only way to keep this server active is to exclude the people we can’t directly use’.

The strong point of this game was it’s community, but the majority of the community has become vile, the devs keep pushing the game into an environment where it is the hunger-games 2.0.

So this is what the game is. It has no prospects to change. It seems that a majority just keeps playing because they are too invested in this game and don’t want their invested time and money go to waste. New players get the choice, either join the dominant cults or probably wait another few year s until the dom clan crumbles... and maybe then with your principles intact you can enjoy all the content of the game.


DOM clan in server LIR kicked me, i quit the server.
DOM clan in server DONN reject me, i quit the server.
Some players in server EPONA bully me because im a free player.
The community is toxic BUT...
I still play this game, because Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. GAME.
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 DONN (METEORIC SET) (2017)

jonleonhart - ranger lvl 100 EPONA (2019)
Prince Lelouch - warrior lvl 55 EPONA (2019)
Blink Dagger - rogue lvl 22 EPONA (2019)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TricksterFromLugh and 13 guests