Lucerin wrote:Rikitt wrote:How to break a dominant clan 101:
1) Talk in private to a select few of people to see how they feel about their clan. Do they like the distribution system? Do they like their leaders? Which leaders do they not like and why? Do they wish they could do something different?
2) Approach the leaders you feel are most open minded. Ask them these same questions in number 1.
3) If you can gather at least 20% of the clan is interested in change or fails to trust their leaders, then you have what can be the militia to start your revolution.
4) Start out by suggesting new, probably unsatisfactory ideas in an attempt to illicit messages from leaders resembling a form of dictatorship. Use these to message players that you think this leader is unfit to hold their position.
5) Attempt suggesting radical changes. Do your clan members control what happens in the clan? Why not suggest to give them the power to vote on new leaders? The more distrust in one particular leader the more likely people will agree and want to be able to vote that leader out. Others will also like to have their voice matter, but might be too afraid to stir the pot. Therefore you should offer secret polls where votes can be counted and no names will appear.
6) Suggest a radical change in the direction you actually want to change to. Explain how it will benefit the server and provide growth to it. This will be the toughest challenge, but the more outspoken people will tend to lead the charge from here.
7) Keep picking at certain players you want to break down and get them to show their ugly side. The uglier they get the more the other players will not want to be around them and tend to agree more with your line of thought. Revolutionizing a server can take months to a year. But with the right patience, tact, and an accumulation of dirty behavior you can get any clan to break apart.
So you are advocating actual deception, maliciousness, manipulation, and being an all around bad human to attempt to unseat a dom clan?
This is the behavior of a sociopath. And any dom clan that has been around a while has had to deal with your type before.
Doesn't mean it's a bad thing, corruption within a clan isn't a rare thing and if you can turn that into an advantage then I'd say fair game on their side and tough luck on the clan.