Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bashing on forums

Constructive criticism is necessary at times, not saying all negativity I see is constructive, but sometimes things don't get done otherwise.
I'd say there is quite a difference between truly constructive criticism and "bashing" or negative criticism. However, this is not the thread for that discussion, especially since the differences between them are unique to each person's perspective, and therefore pretty pointless to argue about.

Back on topic for the thread - I agree, a huge thank you to the moderators for donating their time and volunteering to do the dirty work of tidying up and cleaning out the rubbish on the forums. While players may not always agree with a moderator's decision, it's important to keep in mind that they are doing what they judge to be in accordance with the forum rules.

Also, an enormous thank you to the staff at VR - Schwing, Difinitus, everyone involved with handling the countless Support requests that get sent in, everyone working in the background to design/develop new content and features, and anyone else who has any sort of role at VR that I may not be thinking of. Players get emotional about the game because they care a lot about it, and just want to see what's best for it...even if their ideas don't match up with others.
I agree that the support team gets a lot of unwarranted hate, but also some part of the blame on the low support level is to do with the small employee expense the owner provides, because clearly the owner doesn't want to shell out the money for a support team big enough to properly support this player base. In my opinion it is a shame that the thousands of players on this game must rely on such a small support team and they get all the flack for that. I would say Richard is making a killing off this, and it surely could be managed in a better way, but hey let's make it as cheap as possible right? :lol:

Now let's hope I don't get banned for no reason lol, had to speak my mind on that.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

I believe if the players want to make this game more like they want it, more players should step up and try to help VR rather then bashing them.
How do players step up and try to help VR?

I feel like a lot if players have. They give suggestions and ideas that would make the game better. Often its fixes that they may feel are relatively small, simple and easy to do. But when there is no positive response from the team then it leads to frustration which is expressed in "bashing/constructive criticism".

To their credit VR/OTM often eventually address the issue, but there is a definite lack of communication.

Sometimes an acknowledgement of the issue and responding that its something that will definitely be addressed (dont even need a timeline) could alleviate much of the frustration and let people now their concerns arent being ignored or pushed aside. "The team is looking into/reviewing the matter" (or whatever the tag line is) isnt very encouraging and has the feeling of sweeping things under a rug in a room that no one ever goes into.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

I believe if the players want to make this game more like they want it, more players should step up and try to help VR rather then bashing them.
How do players step up and try to help VR?

I feel like a lot if players have. They give suggestions and ideas that would make the game better. Often its fixes that they may feel are relatively small, simple and easy to do. But when there is no positive response from the team then it leads to frustration which is expressed in "bashing/constructive criticism".

To their credit VR/OTM often eventually address the issue, but there is a definite lack of communication.

Sometimes an acknowledgement of the issue and responding that its something that will definitely be addressed (dont even need a timeline) could alleviate much of the frustration and let people now their concerns arent being ignored or pushed aside. "The team is looking into/reviewing the matter" (or whatever the tag line is) isnt very encouraging and has the feeling of sweeping things under a rug in a room that no one ever goes into.
I feel like your two statements kind of contradict each other. What could VR say as an acknowledgement of the issue that is stronger than "The team is looking into the issue"?

That being said, I do agree that the lack of communication is a real downer (in my opinion). Tadaah (the last CM) was really good about replying to pretty much everything. Even though most of her responses to player suggestions were along the lines of "that sounds like a great idea, I'll pass it on to the team!", it was still great to see that red name responding all the time. Muldar was great at that too.

I don't mean to knock Difinitus (or Schwing) by this at all. I'm sure they are kept really busy, and also every CM has a different approach to their role...some are more vocal than others. It's even possible that Difinitus might only a part time CM, while spending time on other things in the office as well (such as helping out Support)...we simply don't know, since there is no information being shared.

I can totally understand developers wanting to keep some distance between them and the community, it makes it easier to do their jobs. However, I feel like opening up a little and interacting more will likely be better in the long run.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!