Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Let's be realistic

i dont think the game is dieing. Many new players are coming to my server and there is quite a bit of competition here. I will say VR is probably having a hard time with such a small team and big community, but i think the game is going well, with the addition of dino being the first VR boss (right?) and obtaining his drops is very hard, but they nerfed him. Also, I think its better they made him so hard rather then make him too easy, or else thered be an overflow of goodgear. I cant talk for every server but mine is definitely thriving.

There is no “right” way tbh, its all subjective. You find dkp boring, others find it enjoyable and like the grind while also despising a roll based system because they simply hateto depend on luck.

Additionally, some people just seek competition and cannot play a server that doesn’t involve any sort of competition.

Reasons to play completely differ from someone to another. Everyone enjoys something, and there needs to be balance in all, so heading one way and calling it “right/correct” way will result in even more people with preferences I described above to quit, and the game will end up with 3-2 servers instead of 20~ that we currently have.
Well trying to restrict a 100% open world game to me is the wrong way to go about things, simply because it’s 100% open world. Think about all the problems created for dom/comp servers all because a clan or clans tried to restrict the game for players. An open world MMORPG requires more freedom than that to thrive, and Epona is a great example of that. Also I’m not saying Epona doesn’t have problems, but 90% of the problems that arise come from a boss fight and are usually resolved after a small discussion... then people move on like nothing ever happened.

Many servers will say they’re losing more players than gaining while Epona is gaining so many players at such a fast rate that even the game itself can’t keep up (too little boss drops to roll for, too high of a population). It’s very difficult to even get the most basic items, especially for specific classes/builds (I’ve been looking for basic firemage gear for about a month now). It’s common to see 3 pages of players for Mordy and higher, most of which are single loggers.

Also not to mention the way the game’s economy works. It leans towards a free market because with a restricted market there’s really not that much to buy and sell (especially with event lux being a thing in the past)... people love to buy and sell, and where’s the fun when your gold has little buying power resulting in heavily inflated prices on everyday items? People don’t wanna buy chests because there’s no point. With a free market gold is everything as you can buy gear with it, and that encourages people to buy chests and sell its contents so they can get more gold which makes everyday items extremely cheap when compared to other servers.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

There is no “right” way tbh, its all subjective. You find dkp boring, others find it enjoyable and like the grind while also despising a roll based system because they simply hateto depend on luck.

Additionally, some people just seek competition and cannot play a server that doesn’t involve any sort of competition.

Reasons to play completely differ from someone to another. Everyone enjoys something, and there needs to be balance in all, so heading one way and calling it “right/correct” way will result in even more people with preferences I described above to quit, and the game will end up with 3-2 servers instead of 20~ that we currently have.
Well trying to restrict a 100% open world game to me is the wrong way to go about things, simply because it’s 100% open world. Think about all the problems created for dom/comp servers all because a clan or clans tried to restrict the game for players. An open world MMORPG requires more freedom than that to thrive, and Epona is a great example of that. Also I’m not saying Epona doesn’t have problems, but 90% of the problems that arise come from a boss fight and are usually resolved after a small discussion... then people move on like nothing ever happened.

Many servers will say they’re losing more players than gaining while Epona is gaining so many players at such a fast rate that even the game itself can’t keep up (too little boss drops to roll for, too high of a population). It’s very difficult to even get the most basic items, especially for specific classes/builds (I’ve been looking for basic firemage gear for about a month now). It’s common to see 3 pages of players for Mordy and higher, most of which are single loggers.

Also not to mention the way the game’s economy works. It leans towards a free market because with a restricted market there’s really not that much to buy and sell (especially with event lux being a thing in the past)... people love to buy and sell, and where’s the fun when your gold has little buying power resulting in heavily inflated prices on everyday items? People don’t wanna buy chests because there’s no point. With a free market gold is everything as you can buy gear with it, and that encourages people to buy chests and sell its contents so they can get more gold which makes everyday items extremely cheap when compared to other servers.
There, you said it ur self. To you. To many others it isn’t, which shows that this is completely subjective.
Also, you tend to forget that drama exists. Clans don’t just blacklist ppl for fun. People scam, lie and betray. Epona blacklists thos who oppose the system too, which further proves this point. Yes you can still buy gear but lets be realistic, you aint gonna taste any of the rare good stuff cause people who win it USUALLY never sell it

You enjoy the chill, laid back servers with no competition or lock battles, thats fine, you do you, glad there is such server. others might seek the rush of lock battles.
Some do not mind playin and killing bosses and depend on luck based systems to get the good rare powerful drops, others want to get rewarded according to there hard work with the least possible luck involved (it cannot be avoided after all with rng drop rates)

Besides, the game it’s self supports competition, live proof is the lock mechanic and, if you recall, the devs asking us in beta how would a dino raid look with 2 groups competing with each other for the lock, and even with one actively griefing the other.

My point is; no system is right. No server is the best. No clan is the best. Each clan, server and system has its ups and downs, no exceptions. Different type of people fit into different gameplay styles and systems, and the game shouldn’t cater and lean to any specific gameplay style, or else many may quit, and some might come to other server and threaten its current status/play style with their mindset, resulting in even more frustration for everyone.
Last edited by xXzeemXx on Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everything I said in my post were facts, not opinions. Free servers suit this game better, it’s a fact. Of course people have their preferences in servers, but if you’re on a dom/comp server complaining about how the game is dying, stop yourself and come to Epona and quit the whining. Follow Epona’s foot steps if that’s what you’re concerned about. Taranis did so they’re doing much better from what I hear. The game isn’t dying, your server is dying.

The game doesn’t support anything. The same argument could be applied to the dice emote. The lock mechanic was added to prevent kill stealing because it was a really big problem back in the day. Lvl lock was added to make things fair for lower lvls and then changed to take away penalty from those who lvled beyond 220, and the devs wanted to test lock fights on dino simply because servers still do lock battles... doesn’t mean the game leans towards competition because it doesn’t.

Dom/comp servers worked much better when event lux was very prominent and players had things to buy and you didn’t have to raid to get the best gear... but now that raid gear is rightfully above lux players are starting to realize that a free server is the right way to go about things.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Everything I said in my post were facts, not opinions. Free servers suit this game better, it’s a fact. Of course people have their preferences in servers, but if you’re on a dom/comp server complaining about how the game is dying, stop yourself and come to Epona and quit the whining. Follow Epona’s foot steps if that’s what you’re concerned about. Taranis did so they’re doing much better from what I hear. The game isn’t dying, your server is dying.

The game doesn’t support anything. The same argument could be applied to the dice emote. The lock mechanic was added to prevent kill stealing because it was a really big problem back in the day. Lvl lock was added to make things fair for lower lvls and then changed to take away penalty from those who lvled beyond 220, and the devs wanted to test lock fights on dino simply because servers still do lock battles... doesn’t mean the game leans towards competition because it doesn’t.

Dom/comp servers worked much better when event lux was very prominent and players had things to buy and you didn’t have to raid to get the best gear... but now that raid gear is rightfully above lux players are starting to realize that a free server is the right way to go about things.
>starts his post by saying “to me, .....”
>claims its opinion free.

It’s either you are never wrong, or ur completely ignorant and stupid.
I think the majority here, if not everyone agrees it’s the latter ;)
No wonder why not a single person from ur ex server said anything decent about you lmao.

>gives target facts
>target gets angry and resorts to bashing

What else did you want me to say? It’s true, to me free servers work better. Why’d I say “to me”? Because it’s not what you think and it’s what I think. Doesn’t change the fact that what I said were all facts.. so who’s really the ignorant one? I’m still waiting for a rebuttal argument

>gives target facts

What else did you want me to say? It’s true, to me free servers work better. Why’d I say “to me”? Because it’s not what you think and it’s what I think. Doesn’t change the fact that what I said were all facts.. so who’s really the ignorant one? I’m still waiting for a rebuttal argument

Na im not angry at all, i just stated some “facts” my self too :lol: :lol:

>gives target facts

Because you have nothing better to say? Lol
“U offended my opinions with facts, I’m gonna bash u”

>gives target facts

Because you have nothing better to say? Lol
“U offended my opinions with facts, I’m gonna bash u”
Correct. Im at fault for arguing with someone that thinks his clearly biased opinions are facts and that he is never wrong :lol: I wish I had learned from the beta line, just like every single person there (sounds familiar right?)

@OP and @mods, sorry for derailing the post.